The Book of the Law Study Group 2.78

ravenest

Grigori said:
There are movies about kabbalists? Seriously? :D

Oh yeah! I reccomend Pi to all you guys ... and the making of (the directors rave, should be an extra on the DVD) - the heart on the train station steps - classic movie making 'fun' ! :laugh:

Aeon418

Here's my take on this part of the verse.

They shall worship thy name (Beast), foursquare(6), mystic(6), wonderful(6), the number of the man

Foursquare seems a bit odd at first, but it does tie in with the whole theme of "Lift up thyself".

Foursquare - Firm, steady, solid, strong, unswerving, forthright. :thumbsup:

RLG

Grigori said:

Dwtw

If the name is meant to be 666 - To Mega Therion, it relates to the first two adjectives, and possibly the third, thus:

666 = sum of all the cells on a 6 x 6 magic square; thus "foursquare"
666 = the sum of all the numbers from 1-36, (as on the magic square), thus the "mystic number" of 36 in qabalistic parlance.
111 = the sum of the numbers in any row, column or diagonal of the 6 x 6 magic square
- this may relate to the Hebrew word Peh-Lamed-Alef (the letter Alef spelled in full, in reverse), which means "wonder" and totals 111

Perhaps 666 is "wonder-full" because it is 6 x the value of any row of the magic square?

Recall that "My prophet is a fool with his one, one, one. Are not they the Ox and none by the Book?"
The Ox might well be Taurus, whose letter is Vav, with a value of 6. 111 x 6 = 666

Litlluw
RLG

Aeon418

Nice, RLG. :)

A quick observation.

4 x 36 = 144 (again!)

4 x 111 = 444 - I'm sure there's a Horus connection to this number.

Aeon418

Of course! Ra-Hoor-Khu. RA HUUR KU = 444

Aeon418

Not exactly on topic, but.....

Today marks the 63rd anniversary of the death of Aleister Crowley.

The Beast is dead. Long live the Beast.

by zero

Aeon418 said:
40. My adepts stand upright; their head above the heavens, their feet below the hells.
This reminds me of ATU XV, but with
thy stature shall surpass the stars
even more of ATU XX - The Aeon. Thus we have a reference to both parts of your name in this verse, 418 and Aeon.:)

by zero

Aeon418 said:
Note that the word "Chosen" appears five times in AL chapter I - Hermit, and five times more in chapter II - Lover. But not at all in chapter III - M of E.
hmm, interesting, thank you.

by zero

It should also be noted that we are on page 22 of this chapter, the page number almost falling into 418.

Sum up those numbers and you have - which is somewhat supported by the overall page number 44 -
MT - Whole; irreproachable; perfect; wholeness; sincerity; perfection
TM - Dead