Masonic Tarot - The Hierophant

Freddie

Key word - The power to accomplish

Key Phrase - The consenecration of the working tools.

The Hierophant from this pack is one of the most evocative and thought provoking I have ever came across in any Tarot deck. The author has turned this key into a three layered portrait of esoteric thought and philosophy. The pope is featured in a purple robe and with his sign of peace pointing upward with his right hand and the left holding a cross sceptre. Both the sceptre and crown of the Pope are three tiered suggesting three reigns of the material, sensitive and spiritual.
A man in inside a pentagon to symbolize proportion of divine and extreme reason, this may also signify earthly existence. It might be said that the person within the star is the initiate seeing a reflection of him/her self through the divine revelation/feedback/advice of The Pope. There is another pentagon on the floor as a type of shadow connected to the star persons’ feet. This Star has a G in the centre, which is the Freemason symbol for God. The Masonic symbol G stands for the God the seeker chooses to believe in and not any certain pre-described one by fellow craft members.
The Hierophant is by analogy the intermediary between heaven and earth. I might also suggest he is a connection between the conscious self and the higher self. This card seems to show a threefold blessing being bestowed on those who work towards connecting with their higher self(s) and higher truths beyond the self-serving laws of secular humankind. it also shows a positive upward progression for those who put forth the extra effort to ' spiritually work on themselves' so to speak.

zodiakfish

Hierophant

The Hierophant has the power to go between both worlds, and has the knowledge of vastness, but is she willing to share?

Abrac

I was noticing this card has circles similar to the ones on the backs. When you connect the points where they intersect, an interesting phenomenon comes to light (see picture). :)

Hierophant Pic

Freddie

Le Pope in this card looks alot like this and other (Oswald wirth) depictions of Adam Kadmon with the Kabbalah tree.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/hhhuman/adamkadmonpaginal1.jpg

I notice that if someone connected the head of pope, his forearms, and two priests at bottom (Tarot De Marseille deck) that forms a pentagon similar to the younger fellow (younger Adam K.???) depicted in this card. This may make sense as the younger fellow has no lunchbox lol...