Knight of Swords as feelings?

Biba28

Fostha said:
Yuck,what would make you even think there were any kind of feelings,let alone romantic ones?(disturbing) Not really a card that does romantic feelings thats for sure,most romantic line from this card is 'I'm right your wrong and I dont know what you really think you can do about it'.

Because of the other cards in the spread. They were very romantic, then came KnoSw. I think you're right about the card meaning in itself. Combined with romantic cards, I wondered if it's saying "Love?! Bah humbug!".

Biba28

rwcarter said:
I see the KnS as being brash and impulsive, leaping before he looks. So as one's feelings for another, I'd say that they are reactive without much or any thought behind them or that they are impulsive. (My friends hate you, so I hate you too. You were nice to me, so I love you. You were mean to someone I like, so I don't like you.)

I would see the Queen Swords as being the type to cut away any romantic feelings, trying to get them out of her head. I see the Knight as being too busy saving the day to have any real romantic feelings.

Rodney

This particular person seems to be over-cautious in the romance department. I wonder if the Knight in this case means they think it WOULD be brash and impulsive to leap before you look, so they won't do it.

Biba28

Elivag said:
Hm, basically, I'd say they either are looking up to you(as a potent, strong and warrior like person) or are trying to consider the ramifications of acting before thinking, in effect thinking before acting.

Also for a loose interpretation, maybe they feel they need to be a knight of swords to get you? Kinda like "use sword, make leaps, and generally act first, ask questions and see what events you've caused later".

cheers

I really like your second point in relation to my particular reading and situation. Ramifications is the word.

Your other two points made me smile. I've never thought this person would look up to me, or would feel like they need to be the knight to get me. They may feel like that, but it's not obvious, and would be their own private thoughts instead of how they act. (But then it is the air suit.).

Biba28

mzansi-afrika said:
I'd say in general that about feelings towards you not considering romantic feelings would be that they are sharpish and insensitive and don't care how you feel about them. Their attitude to you would be like there's nothing you can do about it. Almost childish in their cruelty. Romance wise- they'd be selfish and get a sick pleasure in hurting you. Ridicule you if they not interested if you happen to show interest in them. Toss them away.

Yes, I think that's what's going on in a way, although I think the person in question would see that this is very harsh. I think he's doing that on purpose because he's worried about the ramifications of us getting together. As the other cards in the spread were romantic ones, it's almost like he's "being cruel to be kind" with himself aswell as with me.

Biba28

Muir Aingeal said:
They could be angry at you.

Could quite possibly be. Or frustrated at the situation. As if they're throwing the toys out of the pram because they feel a certain way, but don't want to feel like that.

Biba28

juliasv said:
I've always associated the Knight of Swords as someone who is akin to Borderline Personality, which ties in rwcarter posted. Maybe because he tends to show up in spreads that with my ex husband, lol! Someone who's feelings change according to what you can or have done for *them* and can change in a heartbeat depending on if they feel you've done enough for them!

V. interesting point! Gosh our ex-H's sound so similar!

I think this person's (different guy) feelings can change in a heartbeat in our situation, that's why it's sooo confusing. I'm not surprised to get this card show up considering a discussion we had last week about my divorce in which it became clear that things have become even MORE tricky for this guy and I to get together. This makes me think that the knight here can mean that this guy is sweeping his feelings under the table at the moment. (He does that now and again.). Then they seem to bubble up again. Confusing eh?

I've not heard of Borderline Personality before though. Can you explain? :)

Biba28

lilnurse89 said:
I tend to see this one as someone who is thinking about the relationship, using logic more than listening to his heart. He's a knight, and immature compared to the King, so he's probably not understanding his feelings at this point. I've always seen this knight as a young teenage boy blazing accross a battlefield (or anything really), so excited (or angry about something) to be one of the "guys" a "man" (even though he is not quite there yet - which a lot of boys go through for a very long time, it's that building self-esteem age, that most of us girls hate - not offense boys!) not caring or paying attention to who he cuts along the way. He hasn't put cause and effect together like the King has. He's a little like the knight of wands, but I see a lot more ambition in the knight of wands, and positive drive.

so there could potentially be romantic feelings here, but there could be some mental block that's stopping him using his heart.

hope that helps!

Wow! That was incredibly helpful, thanks! That's what I was trying to put into words!

This guy has a BLOCK and then some... That's exactly what the knight looked like in the spread but I couldn't verbalize it. This guy can't process the feelings he has (the other cards were positive romantic ones), so the block goes on.

I think he loves me, and this is growing, I can see it day by day. He cares for my children, too, and I can see that growing. Our situation is not an easy one, though, and this guy has more than his equal share of self-discipline and is over-logical and rational. He quite often cuts me down like that. I wonder who's supposed to be learning a lesson here - him or me?

Biba28

nisaba said:
It really depends what deck you're using, but in RWS imagery this Knight is the only one whose horse is at a full gallop, and his sword is not being held ceremonially as the other Swords court cards hold it, but it pointed forward, like a jousting-pole, in an effort to make violent contact.

I see this Knight as the one who knows he's intelligent (after all, he's a Sword!) but is rather smug about it, and because of his belief in his intellectual superiority, he jumps in before he thinks things through.

Thus, he is quite likely to try and do the conquering-hero-rescuing-damsels-in-distress thingie even if you are NOT in distress, and actively don't want to be rescued from the situation you're in. He makes assumptions, and acts on them without thinking any further.

So he's impetuous, and tends to override the will of others. If you personally are charmed by that, then he's charming. I'm completely over men trying to be heroes to impress people, myself, but not everybody is. Some people think it's admirable. To each his (or her) own.

Yes, he's very like that too. V. intelligent and really likes that about himself. I have to chuckle sometimes, because I could match him any day ;) and he knows that really. I think that's why he likes me. He totally jumps in all the time. Listening isn't one of his strong points (chuckle), but he does correct himself, however, and does have a good conscience. He LOVES the conquering hero role, and I suppose I let him think that because I love him and want him to be happy. I'm very good at taking care of myself, though ;) Yes you are right. V. impetuous. Blusters in to try and solve a problem, but doesn't necessarily do a fantastic job. He loves doing everything at full tilt.

Fostha

Biba28 said:
Wow! That was incredibly helpful, thanks! That's what I was trying to put into words!

This guy has a BLOCK and then some... That's exactly what the knight looked like in the spread but I couldn't verbalize it. This guy can't process the feelings he has (the other cards were positive romantic ones), so the block goes on.

I think he loves me, and this is growing, I can see it day by day. He cares for my children, too, and I can see that growing. Our situation is not an easy one, though, and this guy has more than his equal share of self-discipline and is over-logical and rational. He quite often cuts me down like that. I wonder who's supposed to be learning a lesson here - him or me?
aaahhh,well at least HE cares about your kiddies.:)