Knight of Swords as feelings?

Fostha

Biba28 said:
What do you mean?
What I say,he cares about your kiddies, thats a good quality IMO.Gotta get your priorities right Biba,if you want to find a man then first and foremost hes gotta be good to the kids,romancing can be done anytime anyplace anywhere,put the kids first.

Biba28

Fostha said:
What I say,he cares about your kiddies, thats a good quality IMO.Gotta get your priorities right Biba,if you want to find a man then first and foremost hes gotta be good to the kids,romancing can be done anytime anyplace anywhere,put the kids first.

Absolutely, infact it's my first concern. It's probably why I love him, actually. The antithesis of my ex-h. Just wish things could work out better between us.

BrightEye

In the Pictorial Key Waite writes: '...he is really a prototypical hero of romantic chivalry. He might almost be Galahad, whose swords is swift and sure because he is clean of heart.'

Biba28

BrightEye said:
In the Pictorial Key Waite writes: '...he is really a prototypical hero of romantic chivalry. He might almost be Galahad, whose swords is swift and sure because he is clean of heart.'

Oh, that's interesting. I wish he would be clean of heart and just get on with it. Maybe that all intertwines with the blocking, though, because he would feel unclean of heart if he and I got involved. I'm not sure. I feel confused now.

BrightEye

Galahad's heart is pure. That's why he can see the Grail. That's also why Lancelot cannot - because he transgressed the codes of chivalry by having an adulterous relationship with Guenivere.

In the same way, your man's heart is without fault. He may love you, but he maybe doesn't show it because a relatiosnhip with you would be inappropriate for whatever reason.

SirRushing

this person is sexually aggressive not romantic. He wants agressive sex of just humping away at you until they get off. And when they are done, they will just hurry up, pull up their pants and leave you immediately. This person is into one-night stands without asking for your name or telephone number, which Knight wands might do with his one night stand. At extremely worst, this person is a rapist.

that was the negative, the positive is that they that they are upfront with what they want. Almost a cave man mentality of "me man, you woman, you are mine." you wouldn't have to question if they are interested in you, they will just claim you as theirs, whether you wanted to be claimed or not.

mza

Biba28 said:
I think he loves me, and this is growing, I can see it day by day. He cares for my children, too, and I can see that growing. Our situation is not an easy one, though, and this guy has more than his equal share of self-discipline and is over-logical and rational. He quite often cuts me down like that. I wonder who's supposed to be learning a lesson here - him or me?

I think I get it. If this is the same guy in the ohter reading perhaps this KnightofSwords means he sees it fit that he do the right thing between you two for now. That is to maintain a comfortable distance between you two but also show the emotions here and there. In the book from which i learnt about this knight it describes him as a difficult phase to go through but one that is beneficial in the end when you look back (there's an owl in the background which represents wisdom- gilded). Perhaps it means just trying to keep you at arms length for a while and his intentions are well thought out and not intended to cause harm. Cos you don't realise you feel he's brushing you off.
Hope that helps.

Fostha

SirRushing said:
this person is sexually aggressive not romantic.*Is he?* He wants agressive sex of just humping away at you until they get off. And when they are done, they will just hurry up, pull up their pants and leave you immediately. This person is into one-night stands without asking for your name or telephone number, which Knight wands might do with his one night stand. At extremely worst, this person is a rapist.
ARE U SURE!!
that was the negative, the positive is that they that they are upfront with what they want. Almost a cave man mentality of "me man, you woman, you are mine." you wouldn't have to question if they are interested in you, they will just claim you as theirs, whether you wanted to be claimed or not.
I think you'll find hes far more intelligent than you're giving him credit for,afterall hes a sword. Brutal,maybe,but I'd imagine it would only be verbally. Cant imagine him telling you 'put something unpleasant or unsettling in my path again and I'll take your f****n eyes out with something far sharper than words',can you.I think he'd be a bit nicer than that under that cold exterior of his. :)

Biba28

Fostha said:
I think you'll find hes far more intelligent than you're giving him credit for,afterall hes a sword. Brutal,maybe,but I'd imagine it would only be verbally. Cant imagine him telling you 'put something unpleasant or unsettling in my path again and I'll take your f****n eyes out with something far sharper than words',can you.I think he'd be a bit nicer than that under that cold exterior of his. :)

Hi F :)

You are absolutely right (about this particular guy anyway and so I would extend this to the card in question). He would never EVER be threatening or unpleasant or nasty. He is EXTREMELY intelligent, so much so that most people just don't get him. He can be cutting verbally and very to the point. He won't let anyone get the better of him on that score. At the end of the day, he's very much like the Sir Gallahad image that has previously been mentioned. Right on :)

Biba28

mzansi-afrika said:
I think I get it. If this is the same guy in the ohter reading perhaps this KnightofSwords means he sees it fit that he do the right thing between you two for now. That is to maintain a comfortable distance between you two but also show the emotions here and there. In the book from which i learnt about this knight it describes him as a difficult phase to go through but one that is beneficial in the end when you look back (there's an owl in the background which represents wisdom- gilded). Perhaps it means just trying to keep you at arms length for a while and his intentions are well thought out and not intended to cause harm. Cos you don't realise you feel he's brushing you off.
Hope that helps.

Wow! You are soooo right. Your first few sentences fit really well and as I'm getting to know him more and more, I would expect that he is indeed trying to keep me at arms' length but not in a hurtful way.

For example, the other day in an email, I renewed my suggestion to him that if he did ever want to go out for a drink (even if it was just a work drink), then I am free on Sundays now. In his reply (sent back very quickly - again = Knight of Swords), he didn't touch on the drink part of my message. Instead, he focussed on thanking me for my Xmas prezzies and kept complimenting me a lot. He also wished me a "fantastic" Christmas and a "wonderful" new year. People don't often go that far if they're just being friendly. He put a wink at the end of the message aswell. I think he was trying to say that he actually feels a lot for me, but just can't do anything about it for now (Sir Gallahad mentality). I really think he wants to do something about it, but he's having to fight it back. "Being honourable" springs to mind.