Knight of Swords as feelings?

Biba28

BrightEye said:
Galahad's heart is pure. That's why he can see the Grail. That's also why Lancelot cannot - because he transgressed the codes of chivalry by having an adulterous relationship with Guenivere.

In the same way, your man's heart is without fault. He may love you, but he maybe doesn't show it because a relatiosnhip with you would be inappropriate for whatever reason.

Absolutely right, BE. Spot on. Wish it was appropriate, though :(

SirRushing

Fostha said:
I think you'll find hes far more intelligent than you're giving him credit for,afterall hes a sword. Brutal,maybe,but I'd imagine it would only be verbally. Cant imagine him telling you 'put something unpleasant or unsettling in my path again and I'll take your f****n eyes out with something far sharper than words',can you.I think he'd be a bit nicer than that under that cold exterior of his. :)

Nope. I have gotten knight swords for people who have behaved the way I described. Just because someone is in the swords section doesn't mean that they are smart and intelligent. They are just not emotional and is all Ego and they go for and attack what they want. They are instinctually witty. It comes naturally to them where they don't have to think about something clever to say, they just say something clever.

Besides, Knights are untamed. You want someone more intellectual then you would go for Queens and Kings. Knight Swords is like a young law student. Just running off the mouth being at the quick to stop his oppenent from winning the conversation. He quickly interrupts to stop interrogation, but that doesn't mean that what he has to say as a counter attack is necessarily a good offense or defense to back up his agenda. He is just smart enough to know "If I don't say something this second, the other guy will out do me and win the case". Once he interrupts his opponent he makes sh*t up to justify him having to talk and say something.

Queen Swords is a seasoned lawyer who know the right timing and the right thing to say. King Sword is so excellent at being a lawyer that he is bored with it. He rather be a judge and decide who should win the case as the last verdict based on the evidence presented.

Knight Swords is a know it all who believes that every thing he does is right at that moment. He will regret his decision once the deed is over. And that includes sex. He sees a hot chick, he wants to bang her, maybe be aggressive in pursuing her. He believes his actions are justified because he is horny and his justification is that all sexual needs need to be satisfied. Once he has the big orgasm, he might go "ooops. I don't think I liked you as much now. I only did because I need to satisfy urges and I will do anything just anything to be on the quick and have my needs satisfied. But now....um, let me pull up my pants and leave.

He is similar to the Knight Wands in the quicky sex, except the Knight Wands will at least pretend and lie that he is interested in you when the sex is gone just to be "nice" so he won't upset you as he tries to escape and leave from you.

Knight Swords isn't interested that your feelings are hurt. He is a sword, he doesn't care about feelings. he only cares about winning and having and justifying the means. You can cry all you want about how he used you for sex, he will just tell you that you were stupid enough to have sex with a stranger and you deserved to be shamed and embarassed, in order to, you know, keep himself from feeling any guilt or have any emotional feelings of empathy or sympathy for you, since having emotions keeps you from being tough and toughness and rudeness, plus mean spirited aggressive is the very thing one needs in order to win and defeat the other person.

Any time I get a Knight Swords in regards to someone's feelings for you, I expect and do get hardcore aggressive, crude, rude and in your face personality from someone. At his very worst, he is a rapist, a molester and a sexual harasser, since both types don't care about your feelings of feeling victimized and your private space invaded. They only care about what they want and how they want it. What you desire is out of the equation and has no importance.

Biba28

SirRushing said:
Nope. I have gotten knight swords for people who have behaved the way I described. Just because someone is in the swords section doesn't mean that they are smart and intelligent. They are just not emotional and is all Ego and they go for and attack what they want. They are instinctually witty. It comes naturally to them where they don't have to think about something clever to say, they just say something clever.

Besides, Knights are untamed. You want someone more intellectual then you would go for Queens and Kings. Knight Swords is like a young law student. Just running off the mouth being at the quick to stop his oppenent from winning the conversation. He quickly interrupts to stop interrogation, but that doesn't mean that what he has to say as a counter attack is necessarily a good offense or defense to back up his agenda. He is just smart enough to know "If I don't say something this second, the other guy will out do me and win the case". Once he interrupts his opponent he makes sh*t up to justify him having to talk and say something.

Queen Swords is a seasoned lawyer who know the right timing and the right thing to say. King Sword is so excellent at being a lawyer that he is bored with it. He rather be a judge and decide who should win the case as the last verdict based on the evidence presented.

Knight Swords is a know it all who believes that every thing he does is right at that moment. He will regret his decision once the deed is over. And that includes sex. He sees a hot chick, he wants to bang her, maybe be aggressive in pursuing her. He believes his actions are justified because he is horny and his justification is that all sexual needs need to be satisfied. Once he has the big orgasm, he might go "ooops. I don't think I liked you as much now. I only did because I need to satisfy urges and I will do anything just anything to be on the quick and have my needs satisfied. But now....um, let me pull up my pants and leave.

He is similar to the Knight Wands in the quicky sex, except the Knight Wands will at least pretend and lie that he is interested in you when the sex is gone just to be "nice" so he won't upset you as he tries to escape and leave from you.

Knight Swords isn't interested that your feelings are hurt. He is a sword, he doesn't care about feelings. he only cares about winning and having and justifying the means. You can cry all you want about how he used you for sex, he will just tell you that you were stupid enough to have sex with a stranger and you deserved to be shamed and embarassed, in order to, you know, keep himself from feeling any guilt or have any emotional feelings of empathy or sympathy for you, since having emotions keeps you from being tough and toughness and rudeness, plus mean spirited aggressive is the very thing one needs in order to win and defeat the other person.

Any time I get a Knight Swords in regards to someone's feelings for you, I expect and do get hardcore aggressive, crude, rude and in your face personality from someone. At his very worst, he is a rapist, a molester and a sexual harasser, since both types don't care about your feelings of feeling victimized and your private space invaded. They only care about what they want and how they want it. What you desire is out of the equation and has no importance.

Thanks so much for your in-depth interp :)

That sounds absolutely and completely like my ex-husband for which I've got this card before (most of the time ill-dignified/reversed). Do you read reversals, Sir Rushing? :)

Blackstar

If the meaning depends on the surrounding cards, what do you think about this; I did a relationship spread and got "queen of cups" as his opinion of me, and then "knight of swords" as his feelings for me. Any ideas?

SweetSiren

I see the KnS as being brash and impulsive, leaping before he looks. So as one's feelings for another, I'd say that they are reactive without much or any thought behind them or that they are impulsive. (My friends hate you, so I hate you too. You were nice to me, so I love you. You were mean to someone I like, so I don't like you.)

I would see the Queen Swords as being the type to cut away any romantic feelings, trying to get them out of her head. I see the Knight as being too busy saving the day to have any real romantic feelings.

Rodney

Digging up an old thread, but I think this is really accurate! I just did a spread with feelings, and seeing this description for Knight of Swords in that position was really an eye opener for me. The person I am with can seem so hot and cold. For a while, I thought it was something I was doing/didn't do because we've been together a while and only recently has it been like this. But seeing this description for the card suddenly made everything click. I can't do anything right when romantic feelings are based pretty much on whatever mood he is in, which I have observed has a lot to do with whoever is chiming in his ear/what he's going through. It was great in the beginning because of that Knight impulse. He definitely has that "save the day" attitude. This is making me kind of sad, actually. Truth hurts.

If there is anything I can add, a knight here could also indicate he only does romantic/warm-feeling things when it seems logical. If he says he doesn't have time, he absolutely doesn't have time for any of it. He can tune it out and shut it off, and he may feel you can inconvenience him when you express yourself outside of his designated romance schedule.

bluelagune

Just adding some personal experience. The knight of swords as feelings very much describes the person Sweet Siren described. His/Her opinion and feelings change based on who chimes on his/her ear. This person defines their personality by other peoples opinion of them. So when he is not sure what to do his feelings turn to "probing". Calling, checking fb, asking through the grape wine to find information he needs to know what direction to take. This card is basically "he feels the need to take action to find out necessary information". How he/she will perform this action depends on the person.