WITCHES TAROT (Ellen Cannon Reed) - apparent path association conflicts

MercifulMight

Okay so, let's see. This probably isn't as complicated as it feels so I'll just do my best to outline the things that have confused me after some study of this deck, the book(s) that accompanied it and other decks. I think the first one is easy...

As mentioned above, the transposition of the Wheel of Fortune and Justice cards between numbers X and XI respectively. Well, I'm almost certain that this was nothing more than a communication mix up somewhere along the lines between the author, her husband the artist, the publisher and/or others. My reasoning for this is that, in the section of the book where the author assigns her path working associations, she has the Wheel as the 21st path and Justice as the 22nd. This is consistent with the traditional numbering of these cards and does not fit with the numbering printed on the actual cards or the sequential placement of the card in the interpretations near the back of the book. Correct me if I'm wrong but, it seems that the correct path association is always equal to the number of the card plus eleven. I hope that makes sense but, to me at least, this is a simple fix and clearly nothing more than a mistake likely resulting from somebody along the line being in a rush to get to print or some such thing. I say this also because I've found a few other typos in the book that I believe would have been easily detected by any decent proof-reading process.

Here, though, is the one that's really been giving me mental fits as I try to reconcile it...

Ellen has the XIV card (Temperance) on the 27th path between Hod and Netzach, and the XVI card (The Tower) on the 25th path between Tiphareth and Yesod. Now, this conflicts with what most other sources I've found have to say about where these two cards belong and I'm inclined to go with the majority in this regard. I thought it was just a matter similar to that of the Wheel and Justice cards but further study made matters a little more complex.

First off, ECR adds numeric associations to her upright interpretations of each of the Major Arcana. For Temperance, she has 80 and 800 and for The Tower she has 60. Well, THOSE associations DO put the cards on the 'incorrect' (or at least, unusual) path placements. So it would seem that it was more than just a simple mix up like that suggested above.

Also, and I imagine this line of thinking is more likely to get me/us closer to a resolution of sorts, the frequently used, traditional interpretation of the Temperance card reads as follows: Combine or unite seemingly unlike things, moderation. (R) Clashing interests. Not sure about anyone else but, it just strikes me as so very logical that this would reference a path that connects two spheres from opposite pillars on the tree as opposed to two that both reside on the pillar of balance. I mean, through this lens alone, it almost seems illogical (to my limited knowledge at least) that anyone would see fit to place this card on the middle pillar. I'm sure there's FAR more to it and that I just need to look deeper and the reasoning will be revealed but I was hoping someone here might point out the obvious (or not so obvious) for me or at least send me sniffing in the right direction. = )

Anyways, I've babbled enough for a newbie who may not even be posting in the proper place so I'll leave it at that and give thanks in advance for any offered insights.

MM