Female Knights and Page - Cary Yale deck

Lady Iron Side

Female Page of Staves/Wands

This evening I sat down with my Cary Yale, and asked the deck what the Female Page of Staves meant? My deck reply with; ( I'll just put in key words in for know)

5 of swords - upright: Conquest, Gossip, slander, sorrow, regret, mercy, Rash actions,
Gains from the misfortunes of others
Injured self-esteem
Destruction of others
She feels humiliated and defeated in a matter of love.

Clarifying Card:

Chariot Rx: Scattered energies, Impulsive, erratic behavior, Immaturity, doubts undermine and erode commitment and morale,
adolescent just beginning the journey,
overly confident in attitude and rash in your actions
Sexual frustration.
She maybe taking a wrong course or making a wrong approach altogether

Well, seems That I'm trying to piece the female page aspects to this card, I decide to pull out my book The Labyrinth tarot by Luis Royo : for the very reason that he loves to describe/depict woman his deck, he's so poetic towards females. so I quote some of his stuff.

Fire Sign astrologically related to Aries / pisces - Rulership Cancer/Leo/Virgo

Her goal is clarity and objectivity. Even though she has not started walking, she analyses the direction her life is going in. Still at rest, without having chosen her direction, but with her sights set on starting out.

Both the maiden in the Marseilles deck and the page in the Rider tarot are gazing towards the horizon with a relaxed demeanor.

please give me feed bk If these key words are pretty close to what the Female Page of Staves/wands would be. pls and thank u

Grymdycche

I don't know anything about the Cary Yale deck, but it seems to me that a reversed Chariot would not align with a lot of what Luis Royo had to say about the female page of staves, except for "adolescent just starting out" bit maybe - if the goal is clarity, then I'd assume that currently that is something that needs to be worked on.
I find it harder to relate to the 5S though.. that's a tricky card in anyone's book. Should the reader relate to the victor, or to the two losers?

Lady Iron Side

Female Page of Staves/Wands

Jan 17, 2011

I thought I would ask the Cary Yale deck again, what the Female Page of Staves other qualities were?

The Queen of Cups appeared, Which did add and confirm her other aspects. These are my personal notes/key words.

She is also a warmhearted kind hearted person whom can be at times naive and gulible. She is adored and beloved, she doesn't doubt what her thoughts, feelings, actions. She can be straight up ( call things how she see it / calls the kettle black ) when needed. she also has a great sense of humor about her, candid personality with a fearless grace.

Edit: Note, This is becoming a very interesting journey for me with the Cary Yale deck, lol I have no book/LWB and the cards aren't specific as in no titles, no numbers basically it has left me to my own devices. So the more help I can get on how to read these Females knight/pages (additional card in Tarot) meant would be awesome.

Edit 2:
This just came to me while I was outside thinking about this card, well last night Jan. 16th, my daughter and I were working together on one of my readings. I had asked her to take a look on this card cause it came up and I needed her to pretend she was the reader and I was the guerent coming to her for a reading. cause I was stuck on this card ( female page of Wands/Staves.

These are her keywords that her intuition picked up -

Good ones (feelings) independence, (she then throw this in for me " I'm to look at her) "reflect me" she says (her). she then says that she is liked by everyone and if nobody likes her then they don't know her.

So when I think of her I see her Independence, energy, zest for life, nothing really seems to bother her, she doesn't hold on to things (grudges) she only remembers things that are important to her, if it's not she lets it go. she doesn't hold onto the past (bad things that have happened) she spreads her wings and she flies even if there are consequences. She is not one to yell and scream, she is calm,, she is sensitive and sometimes as I as her mother have to be-careful on my approach to her when we have discussions (heavy) - I feel at times I am walking on eggs shells, (watch my words), cause she takes flight. She reaches for the stars, she is a (high maintenance girl of good qualities) she strives, she is sorta the type that wear the pants so to speak, she doesn't need a man to support her even at the age of 20, self efficient/reliant. she is not co dependent on anyone. she is her own boss, doesn't like anyone telling her what to do, she does her own. She has a tendancey to not share her thoughts to keeps them to herself, she doesn't want anyonme to know how she feels or thinks.

Lady Iron Side

Okay I think it now some else's turn, Well I am I getting this card yet, please give your input, thanks

Caedryn

The thing is, that historically speaking as far as I know, pages were male, as were Knights. Pages went on eventually to be a Knight, ergo a page is male, so visually, it would always be in my mind that any deck that shows Knights as female is historically wrong, and would interfere with any reading I would do. On that basis, I would not purchase a deck that had Knights as females. Decks that have a Princess instead of a page is acceptable to me, but the Knight always has to be male, and so should the page.

When it comes to a reading though, any of the the Courts can represent either gender.

~ C

Lady Iron Side

Caedryn said:
The thing is, that historically speaking as far as I know, pages were male, as were Knights. Pages went on eventually to be a Knight, ergo a page is male, so visually, it would always be in my mind that any deck that shows Knights as female is historically wrong, and would interfere with any reading I would do. On that basis, I would not purchase a deck that had Knights as females. Decks that have a Princess instead of a page is acceptable to me, but the Knight always has to be male, and so should the page.

When it comes to a reading though, any of the the Courts can represent either gender.

~ C

In Some historical findings Fantesca - was a female version of the court card ( page of Coins) and it was felt by a few historians that the interpretation would be appropriate. she is described as generous, kind, diligent, benevolent, careful, courageous, preserving, pitiful and in her RX she is waste ful and prodigal.

The female Page of cups is also described again as the lady (Fantesca) so it doesn't surprise me that this deck included the females.

For some strong feelings I have, that this deck having these extra cards ( both male and female knights and pages) fill the hole of trying to figure out what gender they represent, this deck has already done that for you. so when you pull a female page, you know it's a female no guessing game there. Which to me make this deck complete, even more so than the Rider Waite. it is a shame that this was the only deck created in this manner.