Is my Crystal Ball ok? Please some help.

BridgetJones09

Hi everyone!

I have been reading this post:

*The Crystal Ball - Titania Hardie

And that's the exact ball I have. They are difficult if not impossible to get where I live so I had no option. In that post someone says it's lead crystal, but the booklet says Optic Crystal. I don't know if that's the same.

My concern is, when I look closely to it by daylight, the surface looks like it had been handled by greasy hands. Doesn't look like a window recently cleaned...do you know what I mean? It can only be seen at daylight or looking closely with a flashlight, but it bothers me a little. Is it the kind of crystal or something else?

I have tryied to cleanse it under the faucet with soft liquid soap, then with alcohol, then with these detergent towels to clean electronic devices. Still the same :( Now I am handle it with a handkerchief not to leave fingerprints on it, but the surface still looks 'unclear'. I might be fussy, but I want it perfectly clear, not 'smokey'!

What can I do?

Another question is, using candles is out of the question, so I am using a dim light. Everybody says the ball should be 'back-lit'. Does this mean lit behind me or behind the ball, that is, in front of me?

One more question:

Having never tried this before, how many days do you think it will take till I start seeing something? I am trying every night...

Thanks for your patience!

BJ09

Libra8ca

I also have Titania's Crystal Ball and from what I understand it's made of regular glass (which should be just fine- glass and quartz are both silicon dioxide but the atoms in the quartz are arranged in a crystalline pattern whereas in glass they are not).

Mine is perfectly clear. Cleaning it with soap / alcohol etc. should get rid of any fingerprints easily. You just have to be careful not to scratch it when in contact with other hard objects.

I place my candles behind the sphere but at the sides (not directly behind it) - this is something you have to experiment with; you don't want to see objects in the room reflecting in it. Good luck with your crystal ball!

Just wanted to add that I once purchased a scrying mirror kit with a really pretty scrying mirror. I tried scrying with it a couple of times but it never felt right. Upon closer examination I figured out that it was made out of plexiglass (you could actually scratch it with your fingernail!).
I've never had this feeling with a glass sphere but I found it interesting that this plexiglass mirror just didn't feel right.

celticnoodle

BridgetJones09 said:
Hi everyone!

I have been reading this post:

*The Crystal Ball - Titania Hardie

And that's the exact ball I have. They are difficult if not impossible to get where I live so I had no option. In that post someone says it's lead crystal, but the booklet says Optic Crystal. I don't know if that's the same.

lead crytal is not the same as optic crystal. an optic crystals are I thought very clear and clean. this is the crystal that is used in telescopes, binoculars and things like this.

My concern is, when I look closely to it by daylight, the surface looks like it had been handled by greasy hands. Doesn't look like a window recently cleaned...do you know what I mean? It can only be seen at daylight or looking closely with a flashlight, but it bothers me a little. Is it the kind of crystal or something else?

I have to wonder if your ball is truly an optic crystal ball then. I can be wrong, and there are many crystal balls out there that have inclusions in them, or a smoky look about them. this is normal with a lot of crystal balls. if it bothers you, then this is not a crystal ball for you. this is why for most people, it is better to be able to see the crystal ball first. hold it in your hands and really see if it is the ball for you.

I have tryied to cleanse it under the faucet with soft liquid soap, then with alcohol, then with these detergent towels to clean electronic devices. Still the same :( Now I am handle it with a handkerchief not to leave fingerprints on it, but the surface still looks 'unclear'. I might be fussy, but I want it perfectly clear, not 'smokey'!

What can I do?it is generally recommended to wash your crystal ball with soft liquid soap like you have done, and to dry it with a soft clean cloth. so this is good. however, if the smokey film is still there, then I would think that this is just the way your ball is. no amount of washing it will get rid of it.

Another question is, using candles is out of the question, so I am using a dim light. Everybody says the ball should be 'back-lit'. Does this mean lit behind me or behind the ball, that is, in front of me?

well, i never payed that much attn to the lighting, and perhaps this is why I'm not a great ball reader myself. my daughter, who is a fantastic crystal ball reader generally has a candle or light burning behind her and the ball or to the side of where she is reading and slightly behind herself. I know many people who also will read the ball in a very low amount of light in the room or cover their heads and the ball with a dark cloth. I also know many ball readers who do so in a well lighted room, with plenty of sunshine coming in on them as they read. so, I think it is more important to go with what YOU - the reader, are comfortable with.

One more question:

Having never tried this before, how many days do you think it will take till I start seeing something? I am trying every night...

Thanks for your patience!

BJ09
this is not a question that can be answered. it's different for everyone. and not everyone is guaranteed to be successful. the only thing I can advise is for you to continue practicing with it. keep notes/a journal on your progress--even if there isn't any. record your thoughts and such.

always start your reading with an open mind and just let it be. don't force it. don't stare into your ball and make yourself not blink. many people think that is what they have to do! what you should do is make sure you are relaxed and not stressed out and keep an open mind about it. make sure you are comfortable and just gaze into your ball. as soon as you begin to get tired, or your eyes begin to hurt, stop immediately! even if it is only a few minutes and this begins to occur. you will not be able to scry if your eyes or head hurt or you are tired. you can in fact make yourself get a headache if you continue on this way. so always approach it in a relaxed way--and be ready to stop whenever anything begins to ache or you become restless.

many people who scry this way mention that when things 'begin' to happen for them, they notice cloud like formations inside the ball beginning to develop. so, if you begin to notice this, it may be a sign that things are getting ready to appear. they still may not appear right away--you could be days or weeks seeing only cloudy formations moving around. but at least you'll know you are getting close.

the main thing about divining in any form--whether it be crystal ball gazing, tarot card reading, tea leaf reading or what have you is to approach it with an open mind, a relaxed self and to enjoy it.

BridgetJones09

Great!

Thanks for your advice. I'll try to practice with patience and perseverance.

BJ09