Cosmic Tribe - Strength

Jewel

THE IMAGE: framed in jewel's you find the central character enveloped in an aura of fire and exhuding a peacefulness that absolutly envy. At this feet a b beautiful lioness napping on the grass, with the desert behing them both. Actually he is emerging from the desert to the grass lands. The sky is orange with the eyes of a lion in the background (reminiscent to the eyes in the Lover's card, but most definetly not human). The guy is in tune with his surroundings and there are vibrations in the form of rings around his body (reminiscent of the water in the Lover's card).

Above the right eye in the background of the card there is a sun flower (association with the Sun perhaps?). At the top of the guys head, above the fire, there is a couple (association with Lovers again?). Below the left lion eye there is a soldier. There are some other things back there but I cannot make them out.

This is one of 6 cards in the entire deck that has a frame; the others being: The Emperor (4), The Hermit (9), The Universe (21), 7 of disks, and 7 of wands. Does this mean something? I don't know. He has the serenity similar to that of guy in the Universe card, eminates the power of the Emperor, and has walked in the dark like the Hermit. The fire in his aura definetly brings to mind the spirituality of wands, and the lions eyes the instinctual passion. Where the 7 of disks fits into this I do not know.

I have always associted the Strength card as one of inner strength and courage. This card really captures that in my opinion.

This deck never ceases to amaze me! I look forward to your observations and insights.

Hedera

Very interesting observations, Jewel! I hadn't thought of connecting this card to the other framed cards, but it does make sense.

Above the right eye in the background of the card there is a sun flower (association with the Sun perhaps?). At the top of the guys head, above the fire, there is a couple (association with Lovers again?). Below the left lion eye there is a soldier.

I hadn't noticed the sun flower before, but I can see it now! I still can't make out the couple and the soldier, though.

Little Baron

I must say that I cannot see the soldier or the couple. You must have good eye sight Jewel, or maybe mine is getting worse from sitting on this computer all night. When I look above the guys head, to me, I see what looks like a cherub or angel. Now I look closer, is one person embrasing another with their heads close together? As far as the soldier goes, under the eye, the only thing that looks familiar to me is a kind of tunic neck line. It's mad because the closer I look into this card, I can see things but I can't tell if they are there or not. Very close on the left of the left eye, I can almost make out the outline and eyes and nose of a man on profile.

I would also like to know the point of the frames. Havn't figured out a theory yet.

Best wishes to you all

Yaboot

Hedera

I really like the reversal of the sexes here: intead of a male lion and a female human, which you get in most decks, here the lion is female and the human male.
It seems to make an interesting comment on vulnerability/strenth, which I can't put into words today... I'll try again later.

I also love the expression on both their faces. The guy seems in rapture, completely surrendering to something, and the lioness is sort of smiling sweetly.

Little Baron

Reversal of sexes

Maybe the lioness has tamed the guy! He certainly looks like he has been the one to surrender and she looks very pleased with herself. Maybe the strength here is a balance thing. Her eyes have definitely captivated him in some way.

Hedera

Mmm, yes, maybe.... I was thinking more along the lines of that the man surrendered, gave himself over to the lionessyness inside of him, and that daring to surrender to love etc gives one true strength......

Somehow, the idea of a man being gentle and passive seems more revolutionary than that of a woman doing that.

le pendu

One of my favorite cards in the deck!

What speaks to me about the Cosmic Tribe Strength card is the emphasis on *inner* Strenth.

This is true strength, the ability to harness and balance your thoughts and emotions as well as your physical being. This is a spiritual representation of strength, energy directed - not opposed!

Can't you just feel the charge running through his body? Notice the equalibrium?

The ecstacy on his face acknowledges that divine connection to our true spirit and interconnectedness to all.

This is all about finding the power within, basking in it, being it. Radiate!

Lovely.

robert

Goldenhair

Two thoughts spring into my mind:

1. The bible story of Samson and the lion, and,
2. The Strength card from the Visconti Tarot which shows, depending on your point of view, a man beating a beast or a man and a beast defending themselves from an unseen enemy.

The story I see in this card begins with the man and the lioness in the desert both trying to survive and find the grasslands.
At some point they realize that if they cooperate with each other both of them shall live. The man's contribution and the lioness' contribution are of equal importance. If one overpowers the other, both will perish. They have found the balance and both make it to the grasslands.

Samson represented the victory of man over the violent forces with-in himself and nature. Medieval scholars used the story to prove man's function in the world was to overcome and dominate, or subdue, nature. This idea continues to this date. Some consider this the strength of man.

However, true strength is shown in the card with man working with nature, not to overcome, but to enhance each other. The earth would be a cleaner, healthier planet and man would be able to move onto more spiritual matters.

This card is a great update on the Visconti card.

At least, that's how I see it.