Decks that have jobs

Lady Iron Side

You may find this an interesting concept, for me personally I have found over the years and being an obsessed tarot collector, that either I've assigned jobs or my decks have told me what their jobs were. then I found that many of the decks I've collected don't have jobs / unemployed looking for work but not with me. so I find them jobs with other people or employers, or those deck need me to find them an employee.

Well here are some of my decks with their job listing.

The medieval Scapini tarot - Teacher - this is my study only deck, to learn from with regards to the different systems, not to actually read from.

The Arthurian Legend Tarot - Private detective - this deck is my never lie deck, it only like to to get to the bottom of things, speaks the harsh truth, whether you like it or not. it's has a cold non emotional aspect to it.

The Lovers Path - Sex therapist - this deck only want to deal with relationships nothing else, if you try to talk about somethings else you get ignored.

The Tarot of Vampyres - Comedian - well I just found out what job it has today...lol school playmate, friend out to have a good time. That I'm to have fun with this deck, play activities with it, nothing serious, I'm to lightn up. It's characteristics is the Fool.

The Cary Yale Visconti tarot - Psychologist/ Councilor - this the the mature deck , this deck told me that it will help me with all my issues/trouble, work through them and give direction and guidance.

So what jobs do your decks have? Is your deck the employer or the employee?

nisaba

Lady Iron Side said:
So what jobs do your decks have? Is your deck the employer or the employee?
My Servants of the Light refuses to do mere mundane readings because it reckons it's too spiritual.

My Granny Jones mothers me. Oh, and does everything for me as well - isn't that what mothers are for?

The rest of them, all eighty-something, do as they're told. If I pull them out for something, they do it.

bluecaffeine

The BaroqueBohemianCat teaches me about catbehavior, better than any other book about domestic cats. so. th. like a "cat whisperer"
The SacredCircle teaches me, which herbs could I try before taking pills - sth like a doctor.

gypsiejones71

Gilded - employed as my mirror
sweet twilight - hired as my spy
Wheel of change - my soul mate and guide
tarot of 78 doors - hired as my focus group leader
touchstone - history and art teacher

there are bound to be many more! Great subject thank you!

Cerulean

Yes- what a fun question!

Mostly Etteilla - teaches me about cartomancy and cross-currents in tarots and playing cards. A rather elderly teacher-librarian with a sleepy way of adding more and more glimpses of a curious past and every now and then, showing pictures of a more dashing youth that makes one vaguely nostalgic.

Legends - poetic crooner that inspires me this Spring to start to read Tennyson in the closest period volumes I can---as really think he did know about Elaine, the Lily maid of Astolat. I think Tennyson did something curious with the '12 books' of Idylls of the King.

Cagliostro/Modiano 184 - my weeknight run-away-with-the-circus fortune-teller! Oldish divination, kind of pop-cartomantic-romantic.

Sidhe--just plain weekend fun.

I'm certain there's one or two more, but these have my attention for now.

merissa_88

Arthurian (Matthews) - super serious. I love it, but this is my "bare your soul" spiritual growth deck.
Spirit of Flowers - good emotional forecaster.
Druidcraft - health readings. Didn't expect this.
Klimt- intuitive readings and is there to look really great.
Celtic,Norse, Kalevala, Legend - to get me to read the myths/books associated with them.

I guess all my decks have "jobs'. The funniest one is the Quantum which is there to get me to read about physics - a subject I hated. I thought it was going to be the Hubble telescope tarot.

Fragments

My Rider Waite is a kind and patient teacher. It does not get snappy when I don't understand. It allows me to have multiple views of the same circumstance. I didn't like the deck that much when it first arrived. Now, it goes everywhere with me.

My Haindl is for more serious readings, it is waiting for me to be ready to use it, it doesn't want to be used for trivialities.

punchinella

My Halloween deck is my accountant. It understands money. When I consult it on other matters it inevitably manages to find the financial root of these other matters. I have learned not to consult it unless I actually want financial advice.

Asbestos Mango

Well, I hadn't thought of any of my decks having jobs but

My Gilded Tarot seems to have become by "anxiety deck". I suffer from a lot of "free floating" anxiety. I often do readings to ask, "Why am I feeling anxious" and the Gilded seems to be the only deck that will give me a straight answer.

My Bosch Tarot is my intuition developer. Occasionally, I consult the LWB, but mostly when I read with it, I create little stories about the figures in the cards then try to relate the stories to my own life. It works pretty well, even though my impressions of the cards often differ greatly from the interpretations in the LWB.

Alta

Baroque Bohemian Cats is the best deck I have for unravelling behind the scenes currents, betrayals and the like. Uncanny, it saved my bacon in work situations more times than I could say. The LS Secret Tarot is good for treachery, too.

The RWS or the Universal RWS or the Illuminated are simply 'workhorse' decks: get the job done.

The Thoth sort of falls into its own category: it tells the truth but it sort of sneers at me while doing so.

A deck that I have found intensely personal for looking at my own motivations and fears: the Gaian Majors-only deck.

Decks that amuse me to use, meaning, I like to read with them because I like the images: Pagan Cats, 78 Doors, Maria Miduki's Angel Deck (Majors-only but reads well), Tarot for Cats (I love this deck). And some others that I can't seem to think of right now, everything is so neatly put away for a change. :rolleyes:

Alta