Faery Seekers: February 2011: Onyx and DragonFae

strings of life

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading. It only uses four cards, but you can also add an optional 5th card too.

via Fire Cat:

A Message from My Spirit Guide" Spread:

-1-
4-2
-3-
-5- <~ optional additional card

- 1. What should I remember that I am forgetting?
- 2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me?
- 3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me?
- 4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?
* - 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card)
Enjoy!

Onyx

I have completed the reading for DragonFae and sent it to her through PM.

Awaiting feedback.

Onyx.

DragonFae

I'll get your feedback to you this weekend and also your reading.

Onyx

No Problem. Take your time.

Onyx.

DragonFae

1. What should I remember that I am forgetting?

Card: #7 The Queen of Hearth and Home: The ability. of making someone feel at home is a gift indeed. Are you forgetting how important this is. I get the sense this is referring to a specific person or situation. Perhaps someone that is ill at ease around you. Are you forgetting that their reactions, behaviors, and even how they think about a situation will be influenced by this.

2.. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me?

Card: #53 The Blessing: Remember to give and receive blessings. When you bless the day it blesses you in return. I sense also that this may refer to a specific person or situation. If you are able to give whole heartedly...then you will also receive much in return.

3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me?

Card: #10 The Captive Man Do not become so enamored of something that you fail to see it as it is...perhaps a person or a situation has you enthralled. Remember that the mind can play tricks on you. Something you want very much may not be all that golden when you have captured it. Or p[erhaps it is saying..."freedom" may not be all it is said to be. For if one is free alone...then does it mean much?

4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?

Card # 31 The Smith A bond will be forged but don't forget the Smith says to make very sure that you intend to do, to be. to achieve, etc whatever it is you are bonding to because it will be expected that you keep your word.

* 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card)

Card # 38 The Pan You will need courage. You will need to have courage to deal with whatever comes next. I believe this card is saying that if you can not uphold the bond, then you will need great courage to deal with what lies ahead.

Thanks for being my reading partner. I still owe you feedback on your reading and will get it up shortly!

I hope your reading has some meaning to you and helps in some small way.

Onyx

First things first! Thanks for the reading. It is always nice to get a thoughtful reading from someone. I appreciate the effort and time that you put into the reading.

Second . . . after I did your reading my deck disappeared. I haven't a clue where it went. I am very o.c.d. about my decks and keep great track of them but this one up and ran off. I think that it has to be around somewhere but the playful fae sprites have gone off to play. (This is the second faerie deck that has gone missing from my collection.)

So here is the feed back for you.

DragonFae said:
1. What should I remember that I am forgetting?

Card: #7 The Queen of Hearth and Home: The ability. of making someone feel at home is a gift indeed. Are you forgetting how important this is. I get the sense this is referring to a specific person or situation. Perhaps someone that is ill at ease around you. Are you forgetting that their reactions, behaviors, and even how they think about a situation will be influenced by this.

This card is the one that rings the most true in the whole reading. I have to remember that in all aspects of my life that I need to be a force of hospitality and welcoming. I know that I am called into a hospitality role in almost all areas of my life. Family, work and my social group. It is a role that I have been universally cast in. It is a calling if not a duty. I have been a little selfish and needy and I needed a reminder to be more out focused and not so focused on my own selfish needs.

DragonFae said:
2.. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me?

Card: #53 The Blessing: Remember to give and receive blessings. When you bless the day it blesses you in return. I sense also that this may refer to a specific person or situation. If you are able to give whole heartedly...then you will also receive much in return.

I have moved into a position to lead and in that leadership role I have seen that one of the things that I need to learn to do better is to pass on the blessing. Giving the blessing I am giving a gift to those who need the blessing. I see that often there are many people around me that do not have the accurate view of their own worth or have been deprived of the blessing from their family. This card confirms that by expressing and voicing the blessing is a task in my life.

DragonFae said:
3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me?

Card: #10 The Captive Man Do not become so enamored of something that you fail to see it as it is...perhaps a person or a situation has you enthralled. Remember that the mind can play tricks on you. Something you want very much may not be all that golden when you have captured it. Or perhaps it is saying..."freedom" may not be all it is said to be. For if one is free alone...then does it mean much?

The idea of "freedom" is what strikes most true to me in this card. I have found that I crave free time but the fact is that when I am "bound" or "captive" to the responsibilities I have chosen I am able to find my own fulfillment most acutely. Enamored by my own selfish abandonment of the social relationships is not good for me.

DragonFae said:
4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?

Card # 31 The Smith A bond will be forged but don't forget the Smith says to make very sure that you intend to do, to be. to achieve, etc whatever it is you are bonding to because it will be expected that you keep your word.

Finding that if I am able to voice the Blessing and accept the bounds relationship then I am able to find that I am able to "Smith". Keeping my word and bond to the responsibility to the universe I am able to be authentic and true. If I fail to do that then I am shorting myself and those I am personally part of their life's journey. I don't go through this life alone and I need to wake up to my duty to each of them.

DragonFae said:
* 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card)

Card # 38 The Pan You will need courage. You will need to have courage to deal with whatever comes next. I believe this card is saying that if you can not uphold the bond, then you will need great courage to deal with what lies ahead.

Courage huh? Being involved in others lives gets messy and their is a degree of courage that we all need to wade into the chaos of the need and help. I will definitely keep my eyes up and aware and prepare for what might need me to be ready and not hesitate to act.

DragonFae said:
Thanks for being my reading partner. I still owe you feedback on your reading and will get it up shortly!

I hope your reading has some meaning to you and helps in some small way.

Great reading thanks. Take your time with the feedback.

Onyx.

DragonFae

I'm trying to post feedback but keep getting error message that my post is too short...it's not...so.......

DragonFae

I sent feedback via PM....I have no idea why it won't take my post here....says it is under 5 characters...and it isn't so ...idk....I'll keep trying to post it here but have sent it via PM

Onyx

What is odd is that the text of the feedback did not appear in the Private message that you sent. It was completely empty.

But when I hit "quote" to respond back to you the text showed up in the reply box.

I am also unable to add it to a response to ther thread as well.

Very strange, must be a technical bug.

Onyx.

Position One: What should I remember that I am forgetting?
Card One: The Faerie of Naughtiness (Reversed)

Hmm. I didn’t expect reversals. I normally do not read with them but there was something about this card coming up reversed that seems meaningful. Looking at her suspended upside down I think that I get a feeling that she is just as comfortable. Her message to me is one about letting go and having a bit of fun even if it is a bit a mischievous kind of fun. But in this position of what to remember I am drawn to mention what is the underside of a playful spirit. It is good to enjoy yourself but don’t injure or mock at the expense of others. I don’t get sense that this is the issue though. Instead there is something about the truth of a playful situation is hidden in playfulness and that there is a truth in the play that is overlooked and unless it is considered careful or intentionally it will be missed and it needs to be considered or corrected in some way.

Strangely I think that this card is the setting for the situation in the reading. Oddly enough I think that this Fae suggests that in some situation where you are currently see enjoyment and laughter might need your great scrutiny. Does this make sense to you?

I think this does set the mood....and what I am forgetting....life with out play is a dull life indeed! I think this faery is popping in to remind me not to take myself...or life too seriously!

Position Two: What is my Fae Guide trying to tell me?
Card Two: The Lady of Faith

In the Lady of Faith we see one that empowers us to see ourselves in a clear understanding of our value and worth. This Fae Guide has told us that you are of great value and that you have a power and strength that you may need to acknowledge, embrace and empower. She is a force for good and a warrior fae that fights against our doubt and uncertainties. You may need to remember this when the Fae of Naughtiness is out and about making fun or takes things a bit too lightly. Now this seems to make some sense. There is a faith and belief in yourself that you may need to build up. I am thinking now that the playfulness might be a self-deprecating humor where you make yourself the target of jokes or in some way where you give others enjoyment at your expense. You may need to remember that you may have upturned yourself to the enjoyment of others and you need to remember the cost and take a more objective view of your worth.

Hmmmm...this does seem to fit a bit...most of the time the "playfulness" of people at my expense doesn't bother me and it is easy for me to laugh with them...but every now and then it does wear a bit old.

Position Three: What is the advice my Fae Guide is giving me?
Card Three: The Prince of Light

Bring peace and light to life in your actions and words. The light that you need to bring to the world will come as you shine your confidence in yourself. The book talks about this being a Fae of New Beginnings but there is something about the image that sings to me about a light-bringer. Similar to the dawn or the twinkling of the first stars at twilight there is a newness about that light and so I see this Prince as a bringer of light. In place of the cheer-making and casual fun that the Fae of Naughtiness the advice is to make sure that all that is said and done is from a place of building up those around you. You may need to draw on the Lady of Faith energy to stand as you need to in those moments. You can do it though no matter how tough it might be.

The gem I get from this is to make sure fun is fun...without bringing others down. Not that I typically do that but of course being a light bringer can be hard to balance. Yes the Lady of Faith makes perfect sense in my life right now.

Position Four: What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?
Card Four: The Fixer

If you are able to find the balance between good humor and having fun and when to uplift and defend others you can do a lot to be a peacemaker and a reconciler of the human spirit. When you act in confidence and belief in yourself and bring light into the lives and situations around you then you will find that there are others around you is looking to you for direction, strength, guidance or hope. In your playful spirit you are depriving them of the help that you can be by projecting a firm belief in yourself and the light that you can bring as a new start from them. If you make this light of beginning shine for them then they will be empowered and developed.

I tend to be a fixer, a peacemaker...trying to juggle things to keep everyone happy. I think perhaps this card is asking..."do you REALLY want to follow this path?" Because recently I have been trying to break away from this pattern. It is getting quite tedious and takes a lot of energy. Not that I wouldn't care about others but back away from it and let others be a bit more responsible...if that makes sense. I think he is saying...if you keep on this will be the end result...and it is the EXACT opposite of what I have been thinking I need to do....so I need to reevaluate my approach...I might be missing something!

Thanks for a great and thoughtful reading. I have reflected on it several times and while the pieces "fit"...I still feel as if I am missing something....as you know the faeries are tricky little creatures, spekaing in riddles....I hope you find your deck... :)......