Faery Seekers: February 2011: darkbookworm13 and BlueDragonfly

strings of life

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading. It only uses four cards, but you can also add an optional 5th card too.

via Fire Cat:

A Message from My Spirit Guide" Spread:

-1-
4-2
-3-
-5- <~ optional additional card

- 1. What should I remember that I am forgetting?
- 2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me?
- 3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me?
- 4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?
* - 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card)
Enjoy!

BlueDragonfly

aurarcana, thanks for setting up our thread!

Hi darkbookworm13! It's nice to be exchanging with you! What's your pleasure? I have both Froud's Faeries and HOF.

Do you have a specific question in mind or would you ike a general reading? And what about the 5th card? Should I add it or not?

We've got plenty of time, no rush. :)

darkbookworm13

I am very happy to be exchanging with you as well :)

Either deck is fine, I only have the FO but the HoF is intriguing, so I don't mind either one. A general reading would be ok, thank you. The extra card adds an interesting twist too, so yes, please add it?

Since I only have the FO, would you like the extra card? Also, a general reading or a specific question? I am having a lot of fun doing these readings, they are fascinating and have introduced me to a wonderful group of people too.

Take your time with the reading, we have all month :)

BlueDragonfly

Sorry, I've been a bit scattered the last couple days....I think a general reading would be great. As for the 5th card, yes, let's see what the fae have to say about paths not taken.

I'll use the HOF and give you some detailed descriptions of the cards, since you don't have them yet. :)

eta-I'll PM you when it's done.

darkbookworm13

thats ok, things have been rather crazy today so I can understand. I will try to get your reading once things calm down a bit, and I recover from my badly bruised and sprained ankle. I will pm you once I do your reading :)

BlueDragonfly

Oh Oops! :embarrassed: It's been one crazy month here! I'll post your reading tonight after work! My apologies for taking so long.

darkbookworm13

your reading

I got the chance to sit down and do the layout for your reading, here it is

card 1: The Sage (reversed)
The Sage is calling to you to remember the knowledge you have gained, both in life and from the Fae as well. Something feels like it is invalidating that, and has caused for some frustration and helplessness on your end of things. Have you been questioning yourself on decisions and commitments? The Sage feels solid, steady, and grounded, and can lend those qualities to you as well. Helping you tame those pesky voices undermining you, and open up to new things in the future. Utilizing the calming energy will help you stay strengthened and able to use that knowledge better.

card 2: The Faeries of the Future (reversed)
Have things been unclear about your future, as in something hanging tenuously by a thread, unable to see if it would last? Housing or a job comes to mind first, perhaps what will also happen in a relationship? With this card being reversed, all the eyes of the Fae in the foreground are facing towards the rest of the layout, reminding you not to get caught up in trying to see what will happen next that you forget the present. The unsettling part of the future is that we can never see exactly what will happen, but don't be crippled by it, and unable to see NOW as well as what could be. It is hard not to when you don't know where your next meal is coming from, for instance, or where you will be sleeping tomorrow night, but use the resources you have and try to enjoy the small moments of joy, peace, or happiness to recharge from the chaos and uncertainty.

card 3: Faery Guide (reversed)
Since my Faery Guide card is still blank, this is saying your FG might be trying to get your attention. I think with all that has been going on they feel left out, and forgotten. Have you discovered your Guide? If not, now would be a good time to try during the down time I mentioned before. A very active Fae in our home wasn't happy until I started making him breakfast every morning when I made my own. So perhaps you could do that, have a cup of tea and talk, being silly, and having fun. Our Fae friends don't always know what all the fuss is about with us rushing back and forth, never smiling or laughing, always trying to be prim and proper. Sometimes they like to push us in the mud for a good laugh, and hope that we laugh with them. I think they enjoy that look of shocked surprise when life doesn't go as we want it to.

card 4: The Journeyman (reversed)
All the uncertainty and chaos could have you rushing of before you know the whole picture, and landing in a bigger mess then you are in now. Take time to breathe, relax, have fun, smile, and gather your resources. Take time to savor your excitement for this journey, and treasure every sunrise and sunset as its own gift, without rushing life's journey. Don't be afraid of the journey, life is one long, meandering, walk through our many adventures.

card 5: Death (upright)
I see this as sudden, irretrievable change happening, closing a door permanently on something if you don't listen to these messages. Its not an actual death at all, but more an end to something, an idea, a path in life, or a lost opportunity. It could be quite painful, drastic change usually is, but even if it were to happen, you can create something new. Don't necessarily try to rebuild with the lost or broken pieces, rather leave them and let them be recycled back into the Earth, to be reborn as something new. I think that the other cards are a good indicator or what could be changed or lost if you don't heed their advice.

an overview
1. forgotten knowledge, lack of solidarity
2. fear of the unknown, losing sight of the good in life
3. the need to reconnect with the Fae, your FG especially
4. rushing "out of the frying pan into the fire" if you don't ground and strengthen yourself, and take time to learn what is speaking to you
5. closing a door and losing something important, could be painful and cause a reevaluation of self to find strengths, ones path, and where to go next.

BlueDragonfly

Oh darkbookworm13, this is a "spot on" reading! I'll finish yours before I do my feedback, the wiley fae have me pegged to a tee! :D

darkbookworm13

glad to know my reading made sense, since I posted it late last night, I was worried it wouldn't. also with my kiddos being sick I was hoping I was able to open up enough to get a proper reading.

BlueDragonfly

Hi darkbookworm13. I'm going to do my feedback and then come back tonight to do your reading. Long posts are the bane of my existance right now. There's some key I'm bumping on my touchy laptop keyboard that is just deleting my whole post. I'm getting kind of ticked off!
darkbookworm13 said:
I got the chance to sit down and do the layout for your reading, here it is

card 1: The Sage (reversed)
The Sage is calling to you to remember the knowledge you have gained, both in life and from the Fae as well. Something feels like it is invalidating that, and has caused for some frustration and helplessness on your end of things. Have you been questioning yourself on decisions and commitments? The Sage feels solid, steady, and grounded, and can lend those qualities to you as well. Helping you tame those pesky voices undermining you, and open up to new things in the future. Utilizing the calming energy will help you stay strengthened and able to use that knowledge better.
The Sage has pegged exactly what is going on with me. I've had a few big decisions to make lately, second guessing myself and listening to that little voice too much. When I laid out the cards to go along, the first thing I noticed about the reversed Sage was that the top of the card looks like roots and the bottom has those 2 little sprigs growing out. These reminded me that spring is just around the corner, and the focus is on growing stronger and focusing on the future, after a long cold winter.

card 2: The Faeries of the Future (reversed)
Have things been unclear about your future, as in something hanging tenuously by a thread, unable to see if it would last? Housing or a job comes to mind first, perhaps what will also happen in a relationship? With this card being reversed, all the eyes of the Fae in the foreground are facing towards the rest of the layout, reminding you not to get caught up in trying to see what will happen next that you forget the present. The unsettling part of the future is that we can never see exactly what will happen, but don't be crippled by it, and unable to see NOW as well as what could be. It is hard not to when you don't know where your next meal is coming from, for instance, or where you will be sleeping tomorrow night, but use the resources you have and try to enjoy the small moments of joy, peace, or happiness to recharge from the chaos and uncertainty.
When I think about the uncertainties it all feels very self(inward) directed, but there is always the questions of job/housing hanging over many of us in this economy. My hours are down a bit at work, so perhaps it's playing in the back of my mind and I'm not as consciously aware of it. I'll have to give this some careful thought.

card 3: Faery Guide (reversed)
Since my Faery Guide card is still blank, this is saying your FG might be trying to get your attention. I think with all that has been going on they feel left out, and forgotten. Have you discovered your Guide? If not, now would be a good time to try during the down time I mentioned before. A very active Fae in our home wasn't happy until I started making him breakfast every morning when I made my own. So perhaps you could do that, have a cup of tea and talk, being silly, and having fun. Our Fae friends don't always know what all the fuss is about with us rushing back and forth, never smiling or laughing, always trying to be prim and proper. Sometimes they like to push us in the mud for a good laugh, and hope that we laugh with them. I think they enjoy that look of shocked surprise when life doesn't go as we want it to.
I actually got the HOF before the Froud's Faeries and haven't worked with them as much, so yes, my Faery Guide card is still blank, as well. With all the things that have been going on, I have been much less attentive of them, tarot and oracles in general, too. Message received loud and clear! :D

card 4: The Journeyman (reversed)
All the uncertainty and chaos could have you rushing of before you know the whole picture, and landing in a bigger mess then you are in now. Take time to breathe, relax, have fun, smile, and gather your resources. Take time to savor your excitement for this journey, and treasure every sunrise and sunset as its own gift, without rushing life's journey. Don't be afraid of the journey, life is one long, meandering, walk through our many adventures.
Ya know, I am in a hurry for spring to get here, and letting the late winter beauty slip beyond my notice, and wanting to move forward in other things too quickly, too. It is time to slow down, finish up a few things, reorganize myself and just plain slow it down. Make it more about the journey and less about the destination!

card 5: Death (upright)
I see this as sudden, irretrievable change happening, closing a door permanently on something if you don't listen to these messages. Its not an actual death at all, but more an end to something, an idea, a path in life, or a lost opportunity. It could be quite painful, drastic change usually is, but even if it were to happen, you can create something new. Don't necessarily try to rebuild with the lost or broken pieces, rather leave them and let them be recycled back into the Earth, to be reborn as something new. I think that the other cards are a good indicator or what could be changed or lost if you don't heed their advice.
This is change I don't even want to think about. It's the type of change that would leave me bereft of a integral part of myself and the pictures I have of my future. That's why this whole reading is so on target, it's really gotten me thinking about what I'm doing/not doing, what I stand to lose if I don't stay true to myself and my path.

an overview
1. forgotten knowledge, lack of solidarity
2. fear of the unknown, losing sight of the good in life
3. the need to reconnect with the Fae, your FG especially
4. rushing "out of the frying pan into the fire" if you don't ground and strengthen yourself, and take time to learn what is speaking to you
5. closing a door and losing something important, could be painful and cause a reevaluation of self to find strengths, ones path, and where to go next.
Thank you so much for this reading. There is much to take in and think about, including getting back to working with these faeries decks, which I've loved using. :)