Faery Seekers: February 2011: autumn star and Elendil

strings of life

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading. It only uses four cards, but you can also add an optional 5th card too.

via Fire Cat:

A Message from My Spirit Guide" Spread:

-1-
4-2
-3-
-5- <~ optional additional card

- 1. What should I remember that I am forgetting?
- 2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me?
- 3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me?
- 4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path?
* - 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card)
Enjoy!

autumn star

Hi Elendil, it's nice to be partnered with you this month :)

I really like this spread! Is there anything that you would like me to focus on in your reading? What do you think of the optional 5th card? I have both the Faeries and Heart of Faery oracles - do you have a preference for your reading? I happy to read with either :)

autumn star

Hi Elendil :) Here is your reading with the general focus that we discussed via PM. I have used the Heart of Faery.

A Message from My Spirit Guide" Spread:

-1-
4-2
-3-
-5- <~ optional additional card

- 1. What should I remember that I am forgetting? ~ The Temptation

This card depicts a young girl walking through the woods - she is wearing white and has flowers in her hair, she looks very innocent. The girl reaches out to the single fruit of a gnarled, old tree.There is a sinister looking fairy/tree spirit in the the trunk of the tree that the girl can't see.

Your guides are asking you to think about what is tempting you at this time and to ask yourself whether it is really a good idea. There is something a little dark about this card and something that can't quite be trusted - so remember to keep your wits about you, as something may turn out to be not as you expected. Think about what the temptation could be, as it is next to the Song, I believe that your guides are asking you to be very observant and still, and the answer will come to you.

- 2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me? ~ The Song

The Song features an elegant female faerie, she wears an elaborate feathered mask, and has a slight sense mystery about her. The Song, shows us that every thing in life has it's own energy, vibration or song.

You guide is asking you to stop, be still and listen. Be aware of what it is happening around you - notice what is not obvious, pay attention. Your guides are telling you that if you want to have more of a connection to them - they are available to you, be still and connect to their energy and the subtle messages they are trying to give you.

- 3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me? ~ Prince of Light

I think that the Prince of the Light is very handsome - he has a beautiful face and bursts into the card with a surge of blue light, there are smaller faeries around him and it looks like he is holding an egg in his hand. The egg symbolizes birth and new beginnings.

The advice that your spirit guide is giving you is to take up new opportunities, and embrace new beginnings. With the Temptation here just make sure that they are taking you down the right path, that you want to travel down first. His blue light shows that he is a peace-maker he can calm and soothe situations, so if things have been rough in your relationships it is time for some peace-making and the Princeof Light will be there to help you. There is alot of potential around you, so perhaps with the The Song here also, you must be observant to make the most of it, and notice where it is coming from. This is a very positive card, there are blessings to be recieved around you.

- 4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path? ~ Wild Card

This is the wild card with the many faeries with mushroom caps all squished together. Some look happy, some look cross - there is a wide variety of facial expressions here.

As this is a Wild Card, it is hard to say what will happen if you follow this path - perhaps something completely unexpected will happen, something a bit wild. As there are so many faeries in this card, perhaps the outcome involves working in groups or your relationships with others and over-coming differences to collaborate and come together. Or working through different perspecitves and feelings to reach a common ground and be in harmony with those around you. The Prince of Light is also a peace-maker card, so he gives some of his energy to this card also - to be at peace with others even though they might take up some of your space &time (these faeries are very squished), and perhaps even impose upon you. Perhaps, this card is about boundaries - you creating secure boundaries with others, while still maintaining the relationship.

* - 5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card) ~ The Returning

The Returning is a beautiful faerie, with small, gossamer wings on her back and long auburn hair. She has her back turned and she looks out of the card with a sideways glance. She holds a unicorn horn and a pearl of wisdom - symbols of all that she has learned on her journey.

If you did not follow this path things would probably work themselves out in the end as all paths often lead into one. You would come to the pivotal point of being at the point where things end but things are also beginning - this time though you have all the wisdom you have gained from your previous experiences and journey. Your perspective would shift, you would come to understand and integrate all that you have learned from the past, ready to embark on the next leg of of your journey.

I hope that the reading makes sense. I am looking forward to reading your feedback :)

Elendil

Hi autumn star
Here is your February reading. I used a combined deck - although, as it turned out, only the last card was from The Faeries' Oracle:

1. What should I remember that I am forgetting? The Crone (HoF 26)
The Crone comes as a test and challenge. She is a reminder that we should not always judge things on first impressions which can be misleading and lead us astray. This is something that we all already know, but which we often forget. I get the sense that there is a situation 'out there' in your life that needs re-assessment, re-adjustment, re-appraisal. The Crone offers her 'pearl of wisdom' but only if you remember how to look for it and can recognise it for what it is.

2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me? The Queen of the Night (HoF 3)
The Queen of the Night comes with a warning. She offers to lead you but the destination is uncertain. I think that this card is suggesting caution. You may very well have misinterpreted/be misinterpreting a situation (linking with the first card in your spread) and though it suggests a possible path forwards you need to exercise care lest you be led astray.

3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me? The Lady of Faith (HoF 44)
Believe in yourself, for at 'heart level' you know what is right. Faced with the dilemma of the first two cards you need to trust in what you know to be true.

4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path? Wild Card (HoF -)
A tattered winged fae sits and considers. She is the only hint of colour in an otherwise monotone of brown. I think that this card is telling you to place faith in yourself. This fae is you. She considers carefully the way forward. Her life has perhaps not always been easy thus far (hence the tattered wings) - but she wears experience upon her face and she is crowned (suggesting mental strength). Whatever you decide will lead to greater experience for you though your journey may not always be comfortable and easy.

5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? Lys of the Shadows (FO 44)
This card suggests that should you ignore the path laid out by the previous cards you may very well come to regret it and remain caught up and trapped within a shadow of yourself and what you can ultimately be. You may find comfort in the darkness of not knowing - but there is so much more on offer in the light of new experience.

I hope that at least some of this makes sense. Apologies for taking so long to get this posted.

Love and light

Elendil

Elendil

Feedback

1. What should I remember that I am forgetting? ~ The Temptation
Your guides are asking you to think about what is tempting you at this time and to ask yourself whether it is really a good idea. There is something a little dark about this card and something that can't quite be trusted - so remember to keep your wits about you, as something may turn out to be not as you expected. Think about what the temptation could be, as it is next to the Song, I believe that your guides are asking you to be very observant and still, and the answer will come to you.

This really fits with where I am right now. There are things that I am doing which are not good for me and yet I still do them.

2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me? ~ The Song
You guide is asking you to stop, be still and listen. Be aware of what it is happening around you - notice what is not obvious, pay attention. Your guides are telling you that if you want to have more of a connection to them - they are available to you, be still and connect to their energy and the subtle messages they are trying to give you.

For me, listening is one of the hardest things to do. I see myself as independent and strong and in charge of my own life and destiny. I find it hard to take advice. I realise that sometimes I really need to STOP and BE STILL.

3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me? ~ Prince of Light
The advice that your spirit guide is giving you is to take up new opportunities, and embrace new beginnings. With the Temptation here just make sure that they are taking you down the right path, that you want to travel down first. His blue light shows that he is a peace-maker he can calm and soothe situations, so if things have been rough in your relationships it is time for some peace-making and the Princeof Light will be there to help you. There is alot of potential around you, so perhaps with the The Song here also, you must be observant to make the most of it, and notice where it is coming from. This is a very positive card, there are blessings to be recieved around you.

I like the idea of a new beginning. For some months now I have made a conscious choice not to move onwards from a relationship which (if truth be told) had been over for several years. I need the assistance (and advice!!!!) of the Prince of Light to make some positive move forwards...

4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path? ~ Wild Card

This is the wild card with the many faeries with mushroom caps all squished together. Some look happy, some look cross - there is a wide variety of facial expressions here.

As this is a Wild Card, it is hard to say what will happen if you follow this path - perhaps something completely unexpected will happen, something a bit wild. As there are so many faeries in this card, perhaps the outcome involves working in groups or your relationships with others and over-coming differences to collaborate and come together. Or working through different perspecitves and feelings to reach a common ground and be in harmony with those around you. The Prince of Light is also a peace-maker card, so he gives some of his energy to this card also - to be at peace with others even though they might take up some of your space &time (these faeries are very squished), and perhaps even impose upon you. Perhaps, this card is about boundaries - you creating secure boundaries with others, while still maintaining the relationship.

I also like the idea of something wild and different. Expect the unexpected!

5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? (optional additional card) ~ The Returning
If you did not follow this path things would probably work themselves out in the end as all paths often lead into one. You would come to the pivotal point of being at the point where things end but things are also beginning - this time though you have all the wisdom you have gained from your previous experiences and journey. Your perspective would shift, you would come to understand and integrate all that you have learned from the past, ready to embark on the next leg of of your journey.

In life we always have a choice. From this reading (for which much thanks) it would seem that whatever my decision things will eventually turn out well. I guess I will have to see how it goes - but with your kind advice, at least I am forewarned a little about what to expect…

Elendil

autumn star

Hi Elendil :) thankyou for the reading!

Elendil said:
Hi autumn star
Here is your February reading. I used a combined deck - although, as it turned out, only the last card was from The Faeries' Oracle:

1. What should I remember that I am forgetting? The Crone (HoF 26)
The Crone comes as a test and challenge. She is a reminder that we should not always judge things on first impressions which can be misleading and lead us astray. This is something that we all already know, but which we often forget. I get the sense that there is a situation 'out there' in your life that needs re-assessment, re-adjustment, re-appraisal. The Crone offers her 'pearl of wisdom' but only if you remember how to look for it and can recognise it for what it is.

There are a two situations in my life right now which are causing me alot of confusion ... I will remember to stop going by first impressions and look a bit deeper. So, I can understand the challenge part of the card because that is really how my life feels at the moment. I suppose that there is a pearl of wisdom in the situation somewhere, but honestly, I am at a loss as to what it is right now. I keep getting alot of cards lately that are about looking at things from a new perspective or that there is something that I am not seeing. I often get the Big Behind or the Messenger in my daily draws. I can't see what I can't see I suppose ;)

2. What is my Spirit Guide trying to tell me? The Queen of the Night (HoF 3)
The Queen of the Night comes with a warning. She offers to lead you but the destination is uncertain. I think that this card is suggesting caution. You may very well have misinterpreted/be misinterpreting a situation (linking with the first card in your spread) and though it suggests a possible path forwards you need to exercise care lest you be led astray.

Like, I said above there are two situations in my life that are uncertain right now, one involves another person and the other is my career. I'm not sure which one these cards are referring to - perhaps both. I can understand how this card could be relating to the situation with someone else and that caution is probably warranted. As for mis-interpreting something I get this message from the fae alot - it seems like the messages they give often lead me to ask more questions rather than answer the ones that I have.

3. What is the advice my Spirit Guide is giving me? The Lady of Faith (HoF 44)
Believe in yourself, for at 'heart level' you know what is right. Faced with the dilemma of the first two cards you need to trust in what you know to be true.

I get this card quite often lately too. I do need to have faith in myself, which I find really hard to do.

4. What would be the outcome if I decide to follow this path? Wild Card (HoF -)
A tattered winged fae sits and considers. She is the only hint of colour in an otherwise monotone of brown. I think that this card is telling you to place faith in yourself. This fae is you. She considers carefully the way forward. Her life has perhaps not always been easy thus far (hence the tattered wings) - but she wears experience upon her face and she is crowned (suggesting mental strength). Whatever you decide will lead to greater experience for you though your journey may not always be comfortable and easy.

If I went ahead with either of the two situations I mentioned I am quite sure that it wont be an easy ride. I am like this fae too - sitting, considering, not sure of my next move. I will remember to have more faith in myself too. My life has had it's share of ups and downs and after last year my wings do feel rather tattered. I do have alot of experience now and have learnt alot from. I feel stronger for what has happened and I know myself better. We both got wild cards in this position :)

5. What would be the outcome if I decide to not follow this path? Lys of the Shadows (FO 44)
This card suggests that should you ignore the path laid out by the previous cards you may very well come to regret it and remain caught up and trapped within a shadow of yourself and what you can ultimately be. You may find comfort in the darkness of not knowing - but there is so much more on offer in the light of new experience.

I will remember this as I am tempted to do nothing at this time and not embark on the new opportunities presented to me especially in my career. I would hate to get caught up in the shadow of myself.

I hope that at least some of this makes sense. Apologies for taking so long to get this posted.

Love and light

Elendil

Thankyou Elendil, the reading has given me alot to think about and it makes alot of sense to me. It seems like the reading is referring to a particular situation and as I have a few things going in my life at the moment, I will think more on what is telling me more specifically.

:)

autumn star

Thankyou for the feedback :) Best Wishes for new beginnings :)