How Can I Be More... A Guidance Spread by Glass Owl

Amanda

I saw this spread and thought it could be helpful to me. Normally I'm so focused on sucking out my own poison, I forget to look at the positive things needed to promote change as well.

Gilded/No Reversals

****1****
4*******5
****7****
2*******3
****6****

How can I be more...

1. Adaptable
(willing to change) - Queen of Wands

I need to get more active and assertive in my life, rolling with the punches by bouncing back with creative solutions.

2. Receptive
(open to learning, accepting of gifts) - 7 of Cups

I thought that perhaps this card was referencing some kind of artwork. Piddling around with my dormant creative talents.

3. Generous
(give of myself, share, teach) - Star

The Star is a positive influence, a guide?

4. Positive
(radiate positive energy) - 7 of Wands

I thought maybe this was saying to take more pride in myself.

5. Courageous
(take action) - Hierophant

I don't exactly see the Hierophant as courageous... he's pretty standard quo, in my opinion- maybe I need to... stick to some kind of plan? Not sure here.

6. Graceful
(Willing to let go, accept, forgive) - Page of Cups

The only thing I could think here was to "take it easy" on people.

7. Authentic
(be true to myself) - 3 of Wands

Create my next steps over and over again.... take less of a long view, focus on what's coming next instead.

Any other thoughts on this?

samantha

Hi Amanda . Just a quick thought about the Hierophant . Personally I see him as being in his element when "taking action" is required . He is quick to see how the *uninitiated* , the *ill informed* are causing problems for a wider society and wants to redress the imblance . Tipping the scales at one end you can , for example , end up with the fanatical religious bigot , but futher along you find someone with integrity who is willing to stick their neck on the line for wanting to create a better world , or quality of existance , for others . I think that this could often challenge the status quo ( which may be corrupt ) , rather than keeping it in place. Seems to tie in with your words ? " ... possitive things needed to promote change ..."

BrightEye

1. I would have thought you were the QoW already. You seem very much like her here on the board. :) I take it you won't have much work to do here. :)

2. Know what you want. I somehow feel that if you know what you want it'll be easier to receive, probably because you'll know what to do with the gifts coming your way, whereas now their energy dissipates because you don't know what to do with it.

3. Stop trying too hard. For me the Star often means to sit back and let the universe work for you.

4. See life as less of a battle or struggle.

5. The Hierophant is a guide and protector. He sticks up for people who are on the right path and helps them along. He's a mentor. He also knows how the system works. He may seem conventional but he may actually be playing the system.

6. Be accepting of your inner child came to mind.

7. Get started on those projects that have been knocking around in your head for a while.

tarot_red

Just a few comments :
5. The Heirophant - You need to take action but after taking the advice of someone knowledgable or someone you look up to at work. He or she will be the right mentor to guide you.
The Page of Cups refers to a sweet and fun loving person. Are you a little harsh with words or maybe too blunt sometimes?

Amanda

samantha said:
Hi Amanda . Just a quick thought about the Hierophant . Personally I see him as being in his element when "taking action" is required . He is quick to see how the *uninitiated* , the *ill informed* are causing problems for a wider society and wants to redress the imblance . Tipping the scales at one end you can , for example , end up with the fanatical religious bigot , but futher along you find someone with integrity who is willing to stick their neck on the line for wanting to create a better world , or quality of existance , for others . I think that this could often challenge the status quo ( which may be corrupt ) , rather than keeping it in place. Seems to tie in with your words ? " ... possitive things needed to promote change ..."

Wow, yeah that makes sense... challenging the status quo for a better world, like setting new principals?... that kind of sounds like me... and I can see how that would be a courageous act for the Hierophant. Thanks samantha!

Devi

1. Adaptable
(willing to change) - Queen of Wands-Is a creative, intuitive and go-getter kinda person. I feel, you are willing to change yourself from supermom/homemaker to a professional person.

5. Courageous
(take action) - Hierophant - your courage and strength is your education, your intuitive gifts and most importantly your being a good adviser and manager.

7 of Cups - Star - 7 of wands, page of cups are indicating, you are a multi-talented person. You have amazing healing powers and highly developed intuition. Why don't use them more pro-actively????

3 of Wands, i'm reading this card as Queen of wands' next step, waiting for the right opportunity to grow and growth in your career and professional life....

Just few more thoughts :)

Amanda

BrightEye said:
1. I would have thought you were the QoW already. You seem very much like her here on the board. :) I take it you won't have much work to do here. :)

Thank you for the compliment! :D In real life, I'd say I'm a slowed-down version of this queen, kind of burnt out. LOL Or maybe a more upbeat pentacle... not exactly sure... I feel kind of sluggish, anyway. :laugh:

2. Know what you want. I somehow feel that if you know what you want it'll be easier to receive, probably because you'll know what to do with the gifts coming your way, whereas now their energy dissipates because you don't know what to do with it.

Yeah, actually (a recent example) I've been looking for a new car and it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. I haven't made such a large purchase for myself in a while- I found something I liked, I was very set on testing it out and everything, and then it was sold, so now I'm back to the drawing board, and it seems like nothing compares to what I found- I feel like I am getting lost in the choices now, and it seems to be like this for me with the "bigger" things.

3. Stop trying too hard. For me the Star often means to sit back and let the universe work for you.

Oh, I like that interpretation! It seems very fitting too! :)

4. See life as less of a battle or struggle.

I've lightened up in that regard a lot, I think. Actually, another recent example (lol) - I went to the eye doctor with my mom a couple of days ago, and witnessed just how touchy I can be through her actions (I got some perspective, I think). She spent about half an hour with the Dr. and then a whole other hour asking all kinds of questions about certain frames and lense type and everything she could think of, and then sometimes asked it twice to be sure (I guess) - it's like woah! Am I this controlling about things? LOL I mean, it's a pair of glasses. I didn't think I had asked quite so many questions about a car as she had for her glasses... LOL

5. The Hierophant is a guide and protector. He sticks up for people who are on the right path and helps them along. He's a mentor. He also knows how the system works. He may seem conventional but he may actually be playing the system.

LOL - An undercover pope? :D What you describe here, is kind of how I see myself in relationships. I'm so straightfoward (and realistic) with how I feel and what I expect that it's thrown guys for a loop; like they had a bias against women and expected me to be mushy and emotional and whatever else. Like they were the ones waiting for the other shoe to drop. LOL Almost the same with friends growing up; young girls, and the dramatics- nope, that didn't include me. I think I was the "rock" in those relationships as well, and (now that I think of it) by just being myself, I might have demonstrated how dramatics and high emotions weren't necessary.

6. Be accepting of your inner child came to mind.

Yeah, I don't do that too often. I seem to always be focused on accomplishing tasks, it seems.

7. Get started on those projects that have been knocking around in your head for a while.

I'm trying! :D It all starts with a car. Once I get that, you all might not see me around as much. ;)

Thank you BrightEye, you've given me a few more things to think about with the insight you've given! :)

Amanda

tarot_red said:
Just a few comments :
5. The Heirophant - You need to take action but after taking the advice of someone knowledgable or someone you look up to at work. He or she will be the right mentor to guide you.
The Page of Cups refers to a sweet and fun loving person. Are you a little harsh with words or maybe too blunt sometimes?

Someone knowledgable, yes- I'm not working at the moment... but am always looking for knowledge and wisdom. ;)

And I can definitely be too harsh and blunt sometimes.

Thanks tarot_red! :)

Eddie

You only have two majors here and the Hierophant is one of them. Changing aspects of ourselves, that may be deeply rooted, is a very courageous thing to try and do. So, the real meaning of this card for you, would lay deep in how much you would have to change.

I would put you down as a queen of pentacles, with probably aspects of the queen of swords...snap!! me too. So, to embrace elements of the queen of wands, may seem reckless and almost out of control for you. This is where the Hierophant comes in and your need to learn to do this. This won't be easy for you, changing deep, in grained ways is a big ask, it might be that you will have to accept that some things you will be able to change to a point and some not.

Being more receptive for you, would mean giving way to your imagination. allow yourself to loose control, again, a scary thing for you. The queen of wands does this, almost on a daily basis and does it scarily easily.

Staying positive, at present, is a bit of a struggle. It needn't be but it is. You are in a much stronger position that you realise. Ahhhh........if only we could see ourselves as other see us!!

The page is asking you to loosen up, enjoy life more and try not to get so hang up on the finer details of things. Try not to think so much and just do.

Time to give yourself the break you need that would enable you to enjoy the present and take your time in thinking about the future. The 3 wands is a gestation period. Enjoying what you have achieved so far and taking your time in working out where you will go next.

eddie

Amanda

Devi said:
1. Adaptable
(willing to change) - Queen of Wands-Is a creative, intuitive and go-getter kinda person. I feel, you are willing to change yourself from supermom/homemaker to a professional person.

Oh yes, this is definitely right. LOL

5. Courageous
(take action) - Hierophant - your courage and strength is your education, your intuitive gifts and most importantly your being a good adviser and manager.

Wow, nice way to put all that, I hadn't considered everything you said. The education part crossed my mind- I do need to be reminded that it still isn't worthless to me now sometimes. lol But I do identify with everything you say here, it's kind of how I hope I am being at least. The things you mention seem to be what I strive for anyway.

7 of Cups - Star - 7 of wands, page of cups are indicating, you are a multi-talented person. You have amazing healing powers and highly developed intuition. Why don't use them more pro-actively????

Ahhh! You struck a chord here, and to answer your question... the multi-talents are helping to confuse me on which direction to go! LOL :p Right now they are a hindrance, because they are scattered in various directions, and I don't know how to pull them together.

3 of Wands, i'm reading this card as Queen of wands' next step, waiting for the right opportunity to grow and growth in your career and professional life....

Just few more thoughts :)

Oh yes, this is definitely true as well! Very good Devi, you made me open my eyes to some things... especially the multi-talented thing. Sometimes I'm so busy looking for 'the' thing that I lose sight of other things I'm capable of.

Thank you for taking the time! :)