Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

joya250 
Citizen

Looking for a spread, re: choices

hi everyone. I am trying to find a spread that deals with making a decision. I remember seeing one way back when (before The Crash) that depicted two paths... the spread was split... showing what would happen if you took one path, and then the other. I will prob. end up making one up, but I know there are several out there that exist. Any input would be helpful.

thanks! (btw, my question would be concerning going back to school part-time, or not... to learn stuff I could probably teach myself... though I might learn better in a class-setting. relates to current career. .... just thought I'd throw that out there to see if anyone had a REALLY specific spread that you think might be good to use for this particular question.) okay, thanks again!
joya250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
DeLani 
Citizen

Hi,
One good spread for either/or decisions is the Golden Dawn Spread. It uses 15 cards:

13 9 5 ---- 4 8 12
_____ 2 1 3
14 10 6 ---- 7 11 15

#1. The querent, nature of the problem
# 2 & 3. also key cards describing the nature of the situation.
#13, 9, 5. describes the left hand path; if an alternate course is taken, etc.
#4, 8, 12. The direction you are going.
#6, 10, 14. Psychological basis of the question. This can assist you in making your decision.
#7, 11, 15. Karmic forces beyond your control.

Now, for more than one option, you can use this method:
After meditating on your question and shuffling the cards, cut the deck into as many piles as options. Designate a Major or Court card to represent what you want (best outcome). Go through the piles to find which pile it is in. That option will probably be the best. Then shuffle that pile only and lay out 5 cards:
1. The question/problem/issue.
2. The background.
3. The querent.
4. The environment.
5. The outcome or advice.
Hope that helps!
DeLani
DeLani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Diana 
Citizen

edited

Last edited by Diana; 26-03-2006 at 04:12.
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Mojo 
Charlatan

Joya, this may be the one you're looking for. I posted this last summer.

This spread is specifically for people who are trying to make a decision between two choices. I suppose this could be used to choose between more than 2 by just adding some additional paths to it, but since the choices usually come down to following your head or following your heart, so this one handles that nicely.

----3---2----
------1------
-----4-7-----
----5---8----
---6-----9---

1. This card represents the querent in regards to the question - this is the root or driving motivation

2. This card represents something the querent knows or something they can see about this situation

3. This is something the querent DOESN'T see, but needs to know

4-5-6 This represents one choice... I usually assume this to be following one's head.

7-8-9 This represents the other choice. I usually define this as following one's heart

4 & 7. This is something the querent needs to do to make this work

5 & 8. This is something that needs to be done on the querent's behalf by someone else in order for this to work

6 & 9. This is the expected outcome of this choice

Old 05-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
joya250 
Citizen

Mojo! yes, that was exactly the spread I was thinking of. thank you for re-posting it. And, thank you DeLani and Diana... those spreads look great too. !!!!!
joya250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
bec 
Citizen

spreads ever posted in aeclectic

hi all,

I have done some collecting from these boards of spreads ever posted here, so this might be a good time to renew my "shame-less" advertising since some of the posts might have been lost.

URL for spreads - I have 58 of them now:

http://anjastarot.dk/spreads/spreads-main.htm

enjoy
Love bec

Old 07-03-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today