Looking for crystals to help my husband...

Belthane

My husband has been complaining about low energy levels so I gave him a poppy jasper bracelet. Within a week plus of wearing it nonstop, it shattered and broke by itself during an episode when he got too stressful and angry. I held the remainders in my hand and they felt heavy and flat. Poor things! I'd just cleansed them in salt water and plan to give them a proper burial in the garden soon.

A few days later, he told me he felt the difference of *not* wearing the bracelet. His body ached, his sleep deep and dreamless, and in the morning he didn't want to wake up.

I really want to find another bracelet for him so I asked what does he want it to do and he said it wants something that can give him a boost of energy (like the poppy jasper) and something that can overcome anger and depression.

I'd looked around and didn't find any that can suit all these requirements. Perhaps some of you have a few to suggest?

Maybe I can even make a custom bracelet of mixed stones but that's a bit difficult to do.

Thank you all! :)

cardlady22

Light blue/turquoise and shades of orange/red if we're going by color. Maybe some tumbled calcite in those colors in a pouch for his pocket?

aragonite or dumortierite "worry stones"

I like howlite and tiger iron.

amethyst57

try orange carnelian for energy, citrine for anger control,
and smokey quartz for depression....

ncharge

You could try Selenite, since it doesn't hold on to negative energy, but cleanses it.

celticnoodle

I would recommend using a clear quartz crystal along with a smokey quartz crystal to help with his anger. it may be wiser to have a few different crystals that can work together on this. other good anger management crystals include blue-lace agate and moss agate.

I would further suggest he take a sea salt soaking bath to calm himself. sea salt is a great stress reliever. if you can find some lavender sea salt, this will help with his body aches as well. If you cannot find this, try sea salt and buy some lavender oil to add to the bath water.

to combat depression, try bloodstone, citrine and again the smokey quartz is good. also garnet and jet.

for bodily aches, try malachite and copper. also, again quartz is good. Rubys are great for energy, and a clear quartz is great for everything. it can be used to heal most anything.

if you cannot make a bracelet with these stones, how about buying a small bag, and putting these gems inside. your husband can carry them on his person--in a pocket or put it on a cord that he can wear around his neck.

Belthane

Thanks everybody - it seems there is a general agreement that smokey quartz is suitable for him. Also I found Carnelian's properties to be exactly what he needs but the bright orange is weird as a jewelry. LOL

We'll find a way to work around this - I like the suggestion of a pouch but he's a very simple man (no bags for him!) and forgetful sometimes and I just might find a bunch of stones in the laundry one day!

I really appreciate all your suggestions and I'll talk to him about it and see what we'll agree upon. :)

cardlady22

You do need to have him feel the smoky quartz before you buy. A lot of what is for sale is "treated" regular quartz.

Belthane

cardlady22 said:
You do need to have him feel the smoky quartz before you buy. A lot of what is for sale is "treated" regular quartz.

I didn't know that! Thank you for letting me know. :)

Pam O

cardlady22 said:
Curious to know more about smoky quartz treatment?
All the smoky quartz I have "feels" good...

I do know most citrine in the stores is lower grade amethyst heated over 550 degrees, but don't you think it works anyway? Does it matter if the heating takes place in the earth or the oven? Heck, isn't the chip on the computer mother boards of all our computers silica quartz crystal made in a lab, and we can't get a computer to work without the "chip" of quartz crystal, right?

hmmmm.....???

cardlady22

The biggest factor is how it could fade since it will be worn as jewelry.

And there are some people who worry about whether any possible irradiation process was done in a country that does not have higher safety/quality standards.

Personally, I have and use many lab grown or coated things, but I know of others who say they feel a difference & cannot or will not use them.

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/Encyclopedia_pages/gem_treatments/Gemstone_FAQ05.htm
http://crystal-cure.com/article-lab-enhanced-stones.html
http://chimeradesignlowell.blogspot.com/2009/01/lab-grown-gemstones-vs-synthetic.html