Breaking an addiction/focus

Deb

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. I was wondering what crystals are effective when trying to break an addiction.

I have been told and have read a lot about amethyst being very good for this but I am not sure if I should be wearing it on me at all times or use it as a elixer or ????? ( I have 7 beside my bed, 1 cluster in the lounge room and more in my drawer. I read somewhere that if using a crystal for therapy it should be kept against your body for 20 days or something like that - has anyone else read/heard this?

I have also read that Rose Quartz is good for this also, I have a few rose quartz, as well as a heap of identified and unidentified crystals.

I also would like to know what is good for focus, as I seem to be having trouble in this area also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx heaps in advance.

Deb/xo

Ruby7

Deb said:
I was wondering what crystals are effective when trying to break an addiction.

I have been told and have read a lot about amethyst being very good for this but I am not sure if I should be wearing it on me at all times or use it as a elixer or ????? ( I have 7 beside my bed, 1 cluster in the lounge room and more in my drawer. I read somewhere that if using a crystal for therapy it should be kept against your body for 20 days or something like that - has anyone else read/heard this?

I have also read that Rose Quartz is good for this also, I have a few rose quartz, as well as a heap of identified and unidentified crystals.

I also would like to know what is good for focus, as I seem to be having trouble in this area also.

Deb/xo

Hi Deb, I wish you well in overcoming this.

For focus, rock crystal (clear quartz crystal) is recommended. It is supposed to encourage clarity (allowing focus), better perception and understanding. It is also supposed to enhance the effectiveness of other crystals. I'm not sure about application, my own personal feeling would be to have a rock crystal in it's natural form ( a crystal uncut) and meditate with it either before bed or first thing in the morning.

Amethyst is recommended the most in overcoming addiction. Since this is an ongoing battle, maybe you should wear an amethyst necklace at all times, a beaded necklace attached by chain links or a pendant, whatever feels right and comfortable for you.

If it makes you feel better to be surrounded by many crystals and different types, like rose quartz----which is known to be soothing---then do this, but if you feel overwhelmed by all these crystals --then just work with the amethyst and rock crystal---sometimes less is more.

Hope this helps, Ruby7

raeanne

Hi Deb,
I always keep the stones/crystals that I am working with close to me either on a necklace or in my pocket. I've never made an elixir before so I don't know anything about that. If you are familiar with making elixirs, I don't think it would hurt anything to use that too. Amethyst is very good for breaking addictions. Depending on what type of addiction, I would suggest using Amethyst with some other stone. For a physical addiction you might want to add a stone to help cleanse your body, perhaps Citrine along with the Amethyst. For a mental addiction like compulsive gambling, maybe Rhodochrosite combined with Amethyst. Also, don't forget added protection. Obsidian and Jet are both good for protection. When you are busy healing, you don't want to get hit with something else. I just recently bought a nice piece of Jet and I really like it. If Obsidian were a suit of armor, Jet would be a nice Kevlar bulletproof vest! I haven't heard of Rose Quartz being good for addictions but it could be. Pyrite is very good for concentration and focus and Rhodochrosite is good strengthening mental power but I am sure there are others too.

(Hey, Ruby7, we must have been typing our answers at the same time!)

buzzbee

I agree with Ruby's comments re: clear quartz.

Re: timing cycles - I would think in terms of the moon - when it is deminishing (from full to new) is the time to wear the amethyst to strengthen your abilities to banish or deminish the addiction.

During the waxing phase, from new to full, wear a stone that will attract a strength you wish to bring into your life - such as rutilated quartz to help anchor & ground the benefits gained during the waning phase with the amethyst.

Rose quartz assists with self-love & can provide motivation to stick with it.

Deb

Thanx heaps guys

I will be taking your advice and will let you know how I go.

I really appreciate it.

Deb

Madonna

while those lovely purples & lilac colors are great , I suggest wearing one all the time except at night, they keep you awake esp. if you have a few by the bed.

Chronata

Madonna said:
while those lovely purples & lilac colors are great , I suggest wearing one all the time except at night, they keep you awake esp. if you have a few by the bed.

(LOL!) I wondered why I hadn't been sleeping well this week! (I didn't think it was stress)... As soon as I removed that new chunck of Amethyst crystal from the bedroom, ah! It was a nice peaceful and refreshing sleep again!
Thanks Madonna!

rostie

like others say: amethist, also smoky quartz
and what i think is also good moldavite, it's the stone that breaks with old habits and thoughts, it's the stone for transformation...a very strong one!!!

but the best advise i can give is that you go to your gemstoneshop and just choose one intuitively because your body, your unconcious knows what you need...what stone(s) can heal you, just let them speak...and use them as you think is right for you...mostly it is indeed by wearing them for several weeks...night and day or if they are too strong at night (so you can't sleep ;)) just at day :)

with love,
sara***