The I Ching Fu Hsi Arrangement

JTKyouki

...................Heaven
.........Lake................Wind
......Fire........................Water
..........Thunder......Mountain
...................Earth

Something fun to try. It's a terribly interesting correlation that involves the deific name Yod-He-Vau-He and the four suits of the Tarot. I haven't really derived too much else from it yet simply for the fact that I haven't bothered to delve deeper.

Align Heaven with M.C., Fire with Desc., Water with Asc., and Earth with N.C.
Pisces, Aquarius, and Capricorn should come under Wind
Saggitarius, Scorpio, and Libra should come under Lake
Virgo, Leo, and Cancer should come under Thunder
Gemini, Taurus, and Aries should come under Mountain

Wind is equivalent to Swords
Lake is equivalent to Cups
Thunder is equivalent to Wands
Mountain is equivalent to Disks

I believe that the rest of the I Ching may be derived from this same astrology wheel pattern when taken into account with planetary rulers, symbology, and a little bit of time and patience. Luckily, these are all things I have. Conclusive statements soon to come :D

brightcrazystar

Look at the Lo Pan (Feng Shui Compass),
and you will see the way the I Ching correlates to Astrology and more.

But technically, what you have is the eight Ba Gua (or San Yao as they are sometimes called) not the Chou I.

(Chou I is the Oracle, I Ching is the Book about the Chou I Oracle)

JTKyouki

Thank you, this is a subject I'm still studying so I do have a few misconceptions here and there still. My problem with the compass is the arrangement of the metaphysical attributes. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water versus Mountain, Heaven, Thunder, Lake
it seems to flow better when done with these attributes in my opinion.
Besides, Doesn't the polarity of the Bua Go or Fu Hsi arrangement also fit better with our zodiac? I suppose you could argue that the other is cyclic, but I think with the Earth's poles and the fact that we go by season should indicate more towards the polar. I also just thought of another thing, is it possible that the various arragnements can be related and layed over planet and star alignments?

brightcrazystar

It depends of which arrangment of the Ba Gua you use.

The "Post Heaven" (older "Fu Xi" arrangement) and the "Pre Heaven" ("King Wen") arrangements are much different.

In Post-Heaven, they are generally attributed to the Seasons thus:

Summer
00 degrees Cancer to 14'59" degrees Leo - Heaven
15 degrees Leo to 29'59" degrees Virgo - Wind
Autumn
00 degrees Libra to 14'59" degrees Scorpio - Water
15 degrees Scorpio to 29'59" Degrees Sagittarius - Mountain
Winter
00 degrees Capricorn to 14'59" degrees Aquarius - Earth
15 degrees Aquarius to 29'59" degrees Pisces - Thunder
Spring
00 degrees Aries to 14'59" degrees Taurus - Fire
15 degrees Taurus to 29'59" degrees Gemini - Lake

Seems to me, align "Fire" to the Ascendant of a natal chart, and see what it leaves you with might be the best way to run this. That is therefore, what I do. These do not rotate diurnally, so I don't know why you would do them so. But generally, if you are looking into Taoist Magic and Astrology, I would look into Da Liu Ren and check out a Qi Men Dun Jia Lo-Pan for real detail. It can be costly, but it is very accurate.

http://www.fengshuisos.com/products_tools.htm

JTKyouki

I flipped the circle because it seemed to make more sense when I applied it to the western zodiac. By that I mean that the meanings and symbols lined up better when it was turned around. It seemed to make sense to me simply for the fact that it's two different sides of the world, two completely different night skies and charts. You can't completely change the meaning of something just because of a chart, but they both pertain to the same thing so they should still line up in a similar pattern. The pattern I noticed was that if you flipped it, all the meanings line up much better than the other way, in both an archetypal and historical sense.
Thank you much for the link :]
very helpful page

Alta

JTKyouki said:
I flipped the circle because it seemed to make more sense when I applied it to the western zodiac. By that I mean that the meanings and symbols lined up better when it was turned around. It seemed to make sense to me simply for the fact that it's two different sides of the world, two completely different night skies and charts.
The night sky would look the same in China as here as it is still in the northern hemisphere. Perhaps it would need to be flipped in the southern hemisphere?

JTKyouki

heh, sorry I was tired when I wrote that :p thank you again and yes I think that would probably be a better time to flip it.