Legacy of the Divine Study group - 10 of Cups

Jes

Where to start.

I love this card because of the softness of it. The crackling fire in the background, the dog and cat dozing peacefully in front, the Cups are lined nicely around it (like a traditional RW rainbow). When I feel this card I have flashes of reading a good book in front of a fire, of the simple company that comes from pets and people that I am completely at ease with (these people are rare). It makes me think about taking time out for myself, (or the person I'm reading for).

Seeing the symbols of Pisces and Mars hanging from the fire place I think of (mars) the cycle of life, passion, being focused and active, and of course the masculinity of it. Then (Pisces) I see compassion and love, dreaminess and the constant stream of thoughts, I also feel like blending and adapting when I think of this.

The image is soft and inviting, comforting and exciting all in one.

I read this card as enjoying time to oneself. Enjoying the small delights of a family day at home, of spending time with the people who, although you have differences, the most important people to you.

I would love to know what others thoughts are...

ana luisa

I bought the deck BECAUSE of this card. As simple as that :) I love it. It is the only deck that I own that shows this peaceful, "that's ok", warm accomplishment vibe. I love dogs so that helped a lot, too. But I believe that , to me, the original RW "couple embrassing with kids playing in the background with 10 cups hanging in the air" doesn't really cut it. The fireplace also is VERY important in this card because, for some reason, it carries this protection thing, it keeps the animals warm and safe. They can relax now. Also, the cat and dog standing next to each other peacefully gives me the impression of hope: things don't need to be like they have been forever (cats are dogs "natural" enemies). They CAN get better. Super optimistic card :thumbsup:

bluecaffeine

I love this card, too. A peaceful atmosphere. The cat must feel like: she can trust the dog, so she can sleep. It is a warm and tidy place. The cups stand upright, stable, as if somebody had planned the positions. The owner of the house seems to like details, like the sunflowers on the 2 glasses. Everything is perfect at the moment. No need to worry.