Egyptian Astrology

diaynoche

Do You Know Any Good Books Devoted Exclusively To Egyptian Astrology?
Many Thanks

jaj

Hi diaynoche,

Bernadette Brady has studied numerous ancient texts and believes that she is calculating astrology as the ancient Egyptians did. Her book on this subject is _Brady's Book of Fixed Stars_.

Before you buy the book, you can visit her website at www.zyntara.com. There, you can learn more about her methods, read some of her articles, and listen to her lecture on her theory to see if this is the type of information you are seeking.

As an aside, I will mention that the psychic Edgar Cayce used a very unusual method of astrology in his readings, and he often talked about ancient Egypt. As I have studied Brady's methods, I have seen correspondences between her vocabulary and Cayce's astrological vocabulary, so if Cayce is any indication, I do think that Brady is on to something.

Minderwiz

Bernadette Brady is an outstanding Astrologer and is well worth the study, as is the Visual Astrology approach (though I get the same effects using a freebie program that came with my astronomical telescope and my copy of Solar Fire (which gives star aspects and parans using Brady's work).

It is worth pointing out that Brady is not solely or even mainly concerned with Egyptian Astrology (though it does feature in her works), so if you're purely concerned with Egypt, this might not be your best source. However, she should be required reading for any Astrologer, so you will certainly not in any way be wasting your time.

One of the 'problems' with 'Egyptian Astrology' is that it covers a very long period, perhaps 3,000 years or more, so you will some variations, especially towards the end - the last 500 years or so was dominated by Hellenistic ideas and before that there are interactions with Mesopotamian ideas (a two way flow). Enjoy your research, it's a fascinating subject