Buckland Romani - Aces

LittleWing

I love the detail in these Aces - my cosmic deck does not have much in the aces.

My first favourite is the ace of wheels - lots of green showing fertility and health, and success. the wheel leans against a wall which seems to have an opening - and this makes me feel very positive.

my second fav is the ace of cups - how beautiful is this!! happiness in abundance. There is the usual meaning of 'instability' here too but the colours are soft and the whole scene is blissful. a real card of hope and love.

the ace of wands, i find strange because of the mans hand holding the wand. i think this is because it is the only one with reference to a person. but the aces are undirected energy - so this passionate and firey energy of the wands could go either way - especially in the wrong hand!!

what does the house mean??

The ace of knives is cold and cutting. sheer mental energy. it seems quite a ruthless card - but there is something that i find quite positive about the knive being stuck into the tree stub - it is on target.

ScarabFlight

I find it interesting that the Ace of Koshes has the house in the background. It almost seems like the hand is threatening the stability of the structure. Kind of like shaking your fist at stupid drivers on the road. The road seems to go straight to the door. IF you were headed to the house you would be shaking your fist at the inevitable. If you were headed away it would be a good riddance gesture. Maybe the road continues past the house and you would have worried about it for no reason.

The Ace of Chivs is, like you said, cold. It seems like it might be a warning to those following or maybe it's a sign. The hilt of the sword is very interesting. Is it a crown or perhaps the foot of a bird? (or a frog??) The sky is rather foreboding. The storm could be rolling in or going away.

The Ace of Bolers could be a nice surprise for someone who needs a wheel. Unless of course that is poison ivy covering it. Be wary of gifts?

Disa

The Ace of Bolers(wheels): If aces are the unmanifested power or potential of the suit, then I think the wheel sitting on it's own has the potential to become a method of transportation, ie. a new wagon. The Ivy is showing growth and potential.

What is that wooden thing to the right of the ivy, sort of hidden behind it?

The Ace of Chivs (Swords) seems to me like halted potential? That sword isn't going to be of use to anyone unless they pull it out of the tree trunk. So again, I suppose if someone were to come along and manage to pull the sword from the stump, they would probably find all sorts of uses for it.

The Ace of Koshes(wands) It seems to me that man is walking up to that house for the purpose of finding workers to accomplish his goal.

Ace of Koros(cups): I agree that the card is full of love, hope, and growth.

Mi-Shell

I think, with the Ace of Koshes we are looking out of the side window of a vado and see the hand of the driver of the vado stretched out, holding the whip and the house of a Gaujo to the side in the background.
It is autumn and the vado is on the road. the angle of travel seems a bit strange to me... are that coming from the large house?
Autumn Is to me a strange season for the Ace of Wands

The Ace of Chivs feels sad and desolate to me.
The Tree of life, the Sacred Oak, revered by the clans is cut down and a sword is embedded in the trunk, right through the last oak leaf. There is fresh snow - but not on the sword or the trunk or the leaf.......
It might be a patin, a sign for those that follow, but is it all that wise to leave such a valuable one? the only sense that would make is, id someone died, the oak was cut as a befitting tree to light the funeral vado. And the sword was owned by the one, that passed on.....
The horses are hitched to the wagons.... 2 wagons in rather unnaturally
tight / close formation...
The end of the wagon train?
Moving on in a snowstorm is not what the people would do! It is too hard on the horses! So who or what is forcing them?
Do they have to move because they are leaving the smoldering vado of a former leader behind?
The whole suite of Chivs looks like the story of a family of Kalderash carnies that are facing a lot of conflict and hardship.
Winter travel is unusual. The people normally are in an established camp this time of year.....