Game of Thrones Tarot - WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Carla

As far as I know there's no such thing, but I've been reading Songs of Ice and Fire, and watching the TV show, and I would LOVE a Game of Thrones Tarot. Now...who would we cast for each major?

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Flaxen

Carla said:
As far as I know there's no such thing, but I've been reading Songs of Ice and Fire, and watching the TV show, and I would LOVE a Game of Thrones Tarot. Now...who would we cast for each major?
I've been reading the books too and watching the series - I love it! :)

Not sure who I'd put for what majors but the Lannisters would get my vote for the Swords.

Manda

People, people - there are three more books to come. What a tragedy if we decide on say, Bran as the Hermit, and then we find an even better Hermit?

That being said, there is absolutely beautiful art based on the story and I would rather see that used than stills from the show.

velvetina

Can we use Sean Bean for each card? i would be happy to photograph him for this project!

Carla

Oh absolutely! Art--not stills!!

HearthCricket

I love this idea! I have been watching the series and reading the first book alongside. It is so addicting and we have 4 books so far, plus another coming out this summer. A Game of Thrones tarot would be perfect! There is certainly plenty of characters and variety to fill up a deck!

Eyebright

Ooh Carla, what a marvellous idea. I'm loving the series so far and devoured the first book over last weekend. I'm loving this series and can't wait to get started on the next book.

Flaxen

I'm on the second half of book 3 - I'll have to be careful what I suggest in case of spoilers. :)

Emily

I'm halfway through book one - I think a deck based on this book, for me, the Lannister's would be Swords and Sean Bean would be the Emperor. :)

Pipistrelle

Emily said:
I'm halfway through book one - I think a deck based on this book, for me, the Lannister's would be Swords and Sean Bean would be the Emperor. :)
I've only been watching the series, haven't read the books (yet) so I may not be qualified to comment but I'd already cast King Robert as the Emperor. :)

Totally agree with the Lannisters as the Swords. Perhaps they would represent the Swords courts, rather than the whole suit (rather like the Haindl Tarot uses cultures in the suit courts and the Aces but not across the other suit cards). That gives you a bit more freedom when choosing things to represent the minors.

I suppose the Dothraki (sp?) would be Wands?

And OMG, best thing on TV!