FSC ~ June 2011: Linh & elvenstar

strings of life

Hi Linh & elvenstar, you are partners :). Have fun!

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading.

All-Purpose Compass Spread (6 cards) via Glass Owl:

----4----
---------
5--1/2--6
---------
----3----

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning.

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation.

elvenstar

Hi Linh, looking forward to exchanging with you :)

Do you have a specific topic/situation in mind for your reading?

I'm still deciding, will post back soon with my topic.

Linh

Hi elvenstar, lookin forward to reading for you as well :)
Can you focus on my love life please?
And do you have a preference between the faeries oracle or heart of the faerie Oracle?

elvenstar

Queen of Laughter. Well, you're laughing! Or should be anyway. Life is good. Flowers sparkle in her hair, a certain amount of pride in your personal appearance and general body awareness is due, she says. When you love yourself, you make yourself beautiful to others. And there's a couple of pixies surrounding her, basking in her smiles. Your emotional seas are vast and varied, so a certain amount of skill in navigating them is important. You have developed this skill, but do you always remember to use it and stay afloat of sudden storms? It is important to ground your emotions. Do do not be afraid of acknowledging and accepting the scars of the past. At the same time, there's no reason for them to hold you down. Speaking of reason, clear ideas of who you are and what you want are also important at this point. Remember to be light on your feet and wings though. Don't let stuff bog you down. Laugh and be free!

Ah, my friend The Paradox. Men are a mystery to me, but not to the faeries. And certainly not this faery. He's got the brooding, changeable emotional swirling vortex thing down to a t. The point is, nothing is static and nothing is black and white. He's staring a bit accusingly out of the card at me. I have feelings too, he says, and I want them acknowledged and addressed. Not sure if he speaks for a specific person in your life or is making a more general comment. But he says we sometimes need to accept things we don't fully understand and also accept that this might also change at a moment's notice or less. Not fair you say? This is faery advice, no one said anything about fair, he says. ;) Be more aware of others and the impact of your behaviour on them.

Ohh, The Thief. He looks smug. And a little bit taunting. He's also a bit sad too, but he doesn't want to point that out or dwell on it. He's talking about consequences. About broken hearts and pleas gone unheard. The things he sees sometimes hurt him but he is steadfast. Whatever it was, learn from it and let go, he says. Life just goes on. So should you.

Heh. In Two Minds. I love these guys. Again we have big ears, like the Thief and the Lady of Laughter. You have to start listening before it's too late! They said, including the exclamation mark. Do you want a confrontation? Sometimes the two sides of the coin are really the same one, they say, if only you'd just listen. There's no real duality involved here, if only you will see it, they say. There's no real dilemma here. It's a trick of the light. Peripheral concerns will fade and everything will make sense if you only see things their way. Choose one over two.

Darkness. The Queen of Passage is sitting in the forest at night, her wise birds holding her company. She loves it there, she belongs, it's her time and place. But do you? She asks. She's holding out a blood red pomegranate but it has a razor moon attached. Yielding to temptation may be sweet, but will also hurt. Don't torture yourself and don't go into the dark place. Communication is important here. But sometimes it's critical we do not say things that will hurt, things that we cannot take back once they've flown the mouth's nest. Sometimes the wise thing is to be still, to be quiet, to listen.

Ah, one of the faces of my favourite lady. The Challenge. She smiles. Her eyes are piercing and playful and she says, Are You Game? Well? Are you? Will you sit in the dark and wait for life to come to you, or will you go out there and grab it by the horns? Will you help yourself grow? Will you acknowledge how far you have come already from who you were, have a small hoot and a wiggling dance and set out for more? More life, more love, more laughter and joy. It's there for the taking, but only for those who dare. She's got a secret smile just for you and a ferocious appetite for life. So do you, she says. She knows, you know it, now I know it :D What are you waiting for?

Ok, this was it. I only used the Heart of Faery deck without reversals. Hope it makes some sense to you. To me what this says is that you're basically doing fine, but perhaps need to work on the listening thing, to be aware of emotional undercurrents, both yours and those of others, and finally to avoid moping around emo-goth-style and to have a positive, light-hearted, go-get-them-tiger attitude. If there's a specific guy or two involved, love them, listen to them, don't let them get you down. Choose one over two. If not, same goes for any who turn up in the near future. Because if they're not there now, they soon will.

elv xxx :love:

elvenstar

Ok, I want one on my love life too, I decided :D Choose whatever deck you like, I use either or both as the mood strikes.

Oh, and don't feel the need to hurry just because I posted your reading so early. It's just that I'll be busy/away for a lot of the month. :)

Linh

Hi elv,
Here's what I have for you using the Faeries' Oracle:

Current situation: She of the Cruach
Weather: Lady of the Harvest
Past: The Dark Lady
Future: The Pook
Forget this: Sylvanius
Remember this: The Faun

Interpretation:

Are you holding on to a relationship that can't be saved? She of the Cruach stands for nurturing and caring, but the Lady of the Harvest signifies ending. If this is the case, I'd advise you to let go and don't try to fix the broken. I see that things used to be very unclear in the past, and you may have felt like life is playing a game with you, keeping secrets and mysteries, and hiding away the truth and the true answer. Retreat into your own brilliance and enlightenment and the answer will be revealed to you. I have the feeling like this whole reading is based upon finding "truth." The Pook means resolution, changing things according to the insight that you got. I have the feeling like something will be revealed to you, and it is within your power to grasp onto that piece of truth and decide what to do. Things may be confusing now, but let go and be patient and everything will resolve by itself. Don't try to "make things clear," as suggested by Sylvanius. Just go with the flow, and know that the answer will come to you. You don't need to take any active steps toward getting it, but be prepared to act once the secret is revealed. The Faun is telling you to remember, natural magic is happening. Everything is flowing and you're exactly where you're meant to be. Let the story unfold by itself, and you'll soon see your journey is but a great fairytale.

I hope that made sense and looking forward to your feedback! :)

Linh

Queen of Laughter. Well, you're laughing! Or should be anyway. Life is good. Flowers sparkle in her hair, a certain amount of pride in your personal appearance and general body awareness is due, she says. When you love yourself, you make yourself beautiful to others. And there's a couple of pixies surrounding her, basking in her smiles. Your emotional seas are vast and varied, so a certain amount of skill in navigating them is important. You have developed this skill, but do you always remember to use it and stay afloat of sudden storms? It is important to ground your emotions. Do do not be afraid of acknowledging and accepting the scars of the past. At the same time, there's no reason for them to hold you down. Speaking of reason, clear ideas of who you are and what you want are also important at this point. Remember to be light on your feet and wings though. Don't let stuff bog you down. Laugh and be free!

Thanks for the advice, I'll remember not to take everything too seriously! :)

Ah, my friend The Paradox. Men are a mystery to me, but not to the faeries. And certainly not this faery. He's got the brooding, changeable emotional swirling vortex thing down to a t. The point is, nothing is static and nothing is black and white. He's staring a bit accusingly out of the card at me. I have feelings too, he says, and I want them acknowledged and addressed. Not sure if he speaks for a specific person in your life or is making a more general comment. But he says we sometimes need to accept things we don't fully understand and also accept that this might also change at a moment's notice or less. Not fair you say? This is faery advice, no one said anything about fair, he says. ;) Be more aware of others and the impact of your behaviour on them.

Again thanks for the advice. There is a mysterious person in my life right now whom I'm attracted to. I think it's very interesting that this card shows up.

Ohh, The Thief. He looks smug. And a little bit taunting. He's also a bit sad too, but he doesn't want to point that out or dwell on it. He's talking about consequences. About broken hearts and pleas gone unheard. The things he sees sometimes hurt him but he is steadfast. Whatever it was, learn from it and let go, he says. Life just goes on. So should you.

I have been trying to let go and move on from my previous relationship, so this is a good card for me.

Heh. In Two Minds. I love these guys. Again we have big ears, like the Thief and the Lady of Laughter. You have to start listening before it's too late! They said, including the exclamation mark. Do you want a confrontation? Sometimes the two sides of the coin are really the same one, they say, if only you'd just listen. There's no real duality involved here, if only you will see it, they say. There's no real dilemma here. It's a trick of the light. Peripheral concerns will fade and everything will make sense if you only see things their way. Choose one over two.

I should choose one over two and start listening! I don't know which to choose right now, but I know that I'll have to make a decision soon.

Darkness. The Queen of Passage is sitting in the forest at night, her wise birds holding her company. She loves it there, she belongs, it's her time and place. But do you? She asks. She's holding out a blood red pomegranate but it has a razor moon attached. Yielding to temptation may be sweet, but will also hurt. Don't torture yourself and don't go into the dark place. Communication is important here. But sometimes it's critical we do not say things that will hurt, things that we cannot take back once they've flown the mouth's nest. Sometimes the wise thing is to be still, to be quiet, to listen.

I'm trying to listen for small clues in the two people in my life right now and try to get a grasp what they really think of me. I'll work on my low self esteem as well.

Ah, one of the faces of my favourite lady. The Challenge. She smiles. Her eyes are piercing and playful and she says, Are You Game? Well? Are you? Will you sit in the dark and wait for life to come to you, or will you go out there and grab it by the horns? Will you help yourself grow? Will you acknowledge how far you have come already from who you were, have a small hoot and a wiggling dance and set out for more? More life, more love, more laughter and joy. It's there for the taking, but only for those who dare. She's got a secret smile just for you and a ferocious appetite for life. So do you, she says. She knows, you know it, now I know it :D What are you waiting for?

This is such a great advice! I've been so indecisive and I think it's time for me to take the driving wheel in my life and start putting on the accelerator! :)

Ok, this was it. I only used the Heart of Faery deck without reversals. Hope it makes some sense to you. To me what this says is that you're basically doing fine, but perhaps need to work on the listening thing, to be aware of emotional undercurrents, both yours and those of others, and finally to avoid moping around emo-goth-style and to have a positive, light-hearted, go-get-them-tiger attitude. If there's a specific guy or two involved, love them, listen to them, don't let them get you down. Choose one over two. If not, same goes for any who turn up in the near future. Because if they're not there now, they soon will.

elv xxx :love:

Thank you so much for the clear and wonderful reading! I shall remember your helpful advice.

Thanks again,
Linh

elvenstar

Hi Linh, thank you for this reading. It makes sense to me.

Hi elv,
Here's what I have for you using the Faeries' Oracle:

Current situation: She of the Cruach
Weather: Lady of the Harvest
Past: The Dark Lady
Future: The Pook
Forget this: Sylvanius
Remember this: The Faun

Interpretation:

Are you holding on to a relationship that can't be saved? She of the Cruach stands for nurturing and caring, but the Lady of the Harvest signifies ending. If this is the case, I'd advise you to let go and don't try to fix the broken.
Well that sums things up quite accurately. I'm starting to come to terms with that.

I see that things used to be very unclear in the past, and you may have felt like life is playing a game with you, keeping secrets and mysteries, and hiding away the truth and the true answer. Retreat into your own brilliance and enlightenment and the answer will be revealed to you.
It's true I have been confused and also felt like I was lost in a dark place for a long time. I like the 'retreat into your own brilliance' image, find myself and find the light inside me rather than an external source.

I have the feeling like this whole reading is based upon finding "truth." The Pook means resolution, changing things according to the insight that you got. I have the feeling like something will be revealed to you, and it is within your power to grasp onto that piece of truth and decide what to do. Things may be confusing now, but let go and be patient and everything will resolve by itself. Don't try to "make things clear," as suggested by Sylvanius. Just go with the flow, and know that the answer will come to you. You don't need to take any active steps toward getting it, but be prepared to act once the secret is revealed.

Well, good to know things will sort themselves out :D Not sure what this insight is about, but I guess I'll find out when the time comes. I do find it hard to go with the flow and be patient, this is good advice.

The Faun is telling you to remember, natural magic is happening. Everything is flowing and you're exactly where you're meant to be. Let the story unfold by itself, and you'll soon see your journey is but a great fairytale.
Ah, the optimistic view. Need a bit more of that right now. :) Being exactly where I'm meant to be, I guess I needed to hear that, as I have doubts I've been doing the right thing.

I hope that made sense and looking forward to your feedback! :)

This made a lot of sense. Thank you very much for this reading!