Which RWS?

Emily

I'd really like the deck as I don't want to set. It's too expensive and I can't afford it:(

That's what's putting me off too, the price. I hadn't got Waite's book so I've enjoyed reading that and the other book and postcards were interesting but I don't really want duplicates of them.

Teheuti

Go on Ebay and get an older yellow box that still had the original lettering. Printings can vary slightly - in some the blacks are a little darker than in others, but generally speaking, a 1970s yellow box US Games is the closest you will get to a non-aged-look Pam A.

Freddie

I still sugest this one guys as it is my favourite. I never get tired of using it or looking at it

Albano-Waite

Freddie

Attachments

• Deniers 07.jpg
    Deniers 07.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 141

ann823

I got my Commemorative from an amazon seller for about $14, which included shipping. They said it was sealed but the box had some damage. I didn't see much wrong, maybe a bit of shelfwear.
I'll have to look at the older yellow boxes, is the difference in print noticeable on the box or just the cards?

Teheuti

I'll have to look at the older yellow boxes, is the difference in print noticeable on the box or just the cards?
It's only noticeable on the cards. In fact, when they first changed the card titles to a print font instead of Pixie's lettering, the box still showed her hand-lettering. The biggest difference comes when the cards were printed in Italy. The card stock and lamination is different as well as the color intensity. With older decks the differences are much more subtle and not noticeable without comparing cards side-by-side.

Queen of Disks

I like the Original and the Albano too, but I use the Universal Waite the most. The colors are the easiest on my eyeballs and it was the first deck I actually understood. :)