Dragon Tarot -- The Hierophant V

Kosjitov

Dragon Tarot by Peter Pracownik

From the Little White Book:
"V THE HIEROPHANT - Above him is an archway, for he stands at the enterance to his own Temple. Beyond this, the symbol showing the link between that which exists above and that which is found below, a symbol reminding us that from "the stars the dragons came, and to the stars they shall return." On his head he wears the headdress showing his spiritual supremacy in Dragonland. In one hand, a puppet, symbolizing the web of manipulative power through which so much of his power is held in reserver. In his other hand, an artifact showing the link between the celestial and terrestrial globes. To his left, a six-pointed star, to show the supremacy of the 12 Tribes of the Dragons over all other life forms. To one side, a ladder, hinting that step by step we grow to new levels of awareness.

Divinatory Meaning - Power behind the scenes. Also, teachings and teachers entering one's life.
Reverse meaning - Stuck in tradition. Unable to keep up with the times.

The Hierophant stands at the gate, though this doorway doesn't seem to have an arch. The intertwined boomerangs looks like one of the symbols of the masons- the square and compass. The massive green dragon has batlike wings and is highly intimidating. He too carries a rod of lordship, this one almost marking him as a conduit between the world and the spiritual realm especially considering the stained glass in the background. Electricity flies near him. He holds a cross in one hand, which dictates the dance of his puppet. The six pointed star and the symbol of Taurus grace the bottom of the card

All in all, this card makes me uneasy. There's such a domineering feel to this card, heightened moreso than the Emperor.

G Dren

Revisited

crossing boomerangs/Masonic Hexagram = This is an interesting glyph, seen above the Hierophants head; there are three points in the ascending and three points descending positions: equating to “As Above; So Below” it is also the representation of the 6 point star. This particular glyph indicates that from the stars the Dragons came, and to the stars they shall return.

Solomon’s Seal = Whereas the 6 point star indicates the Hierophants supremacy over the 12 Tribes ( or Zodiac) of the dragons over all other life forms in the Dragons Tarot. Again you see the 3 points above and the 3 points below.

Fire Triangle = Male (as is pointing up) – ascending. As in Solomon's Seal; represents the aged man with a long face and white beard; he is considered more mature, knowledgeable, an elder in magic.

Water Triangle - Female (as is pointing down) – descending. As in Solomon's Seal; represents the short faced younger man with a black beard, less mature, less knowledgeable, apprentice in magic. Each triangle in Solomon's Seal is the distorted reflection of the other.

Tripple Name for the Arcanum

Magnetismus Universalis = Universal Magnetism (Positive/Negative or Good/Bad)(Attraction)(Teachings/Teacher)
Quintessentia = Essentially (Purest form, Manifestation, Matter) Giving realization of the great action
Religio = Religion (Kingdom of Nature)

Loosely Translated – The Universal or Natural magnetism is essentially good and evil, Negative and Positive, in its’ purest spiritual or religious form. Proper guidance is the natural key.

The dragons head dress is the horns of Isis with the triple moon goddess symbol; this signifies the male and female energies for this card. In the right hand (your left) He has a puppet held by strings indicating his web of manipulative powers that are held mostly in reserve. In the other hand the dragon holds what looks like a barbell; one with a dark version of Earth, and the other the lighted green and blue Earth. This is the link he has between the celestial and terrestrial globes. He is guiding the puppet by strings or hints of his knowledge (As an elder should); up the ladder (on the ground next to the dragon), step by step climbing to ever higher levels of awareness. Each of us must endure this spiritual process/climb guided by en elder. This card can mean that you need to seek advice from one more proficient than yourself; or perhaps a guru: or you are stuck in a rut, and need to change to keep up to date.

The scary part of this card for me was giving up total control to the higher powers meaning behind this particular arcanum. Once I rendered that control, this card no longer felt oppressive to me. Actually this one the white book defined the best to me. I am sure more things will surface everytime you look at all of these cards.