Problems with astrology

LoveLove

Dear all,

I am not sure that I am posting my thread in the right place, but for a long time I want to discuss about something that makes me wonder is it astrology or the astrologers :) .
Well, a few years in a row (from 2006 to 2010) I have ordered my personal horoscope reading (the question was simple: Will I meet the love of my life, his looks and characteristics, will I get married, have children etc) from various astrologers, all of them very famous and considered best here on the Balkans.
No one of them, but literally no one, didn't give me an answer even close to the truth. Nothing happened. If it was as they said, I would be happily married with children now.
So I became a bit disappointed in astrology.
Did anyone had a similar experience?

Best regards...

214red

did you get your chart done by hand or by computer? its often better finding a good astrologer to go through your chart with you, rather then a computer generated one that just lists transits.
also astrology cn tell you likely when, but not really a description as far as i am aware, it can tell you were your likely to meet them etc.
Also meeting someone can mean you having to do something, they can give you best times, probability, options but you still have to take actiom. perhaps something is blocking you?
Were all the readings alike? were they wildly different?

LoveLove

did you get your chart done by hand or by computer? its often better finding a good astrologer to go through your chart with you, rather then a computer generated one that just lists transits.
also astrology cn tell you likely when, but not really a description as far as i am aware, it can tell you were your likely to meet them etc.
Also meeting someone can mean you having to do something, they can give you best times, probability, options but you still have to take actiom. perhaps something is blocking you?
Were all the readings alike? were they wildly different?

Well, all of the astrologers were living in the other town so I ordered my analysis per post. I just gave them date, place and time of birth, how did they do the chart I really don't know. About the blocking part, I do have depression issues. Some of the readings were alike (his description, circumstances of our first meeting etc). They all have described me very well, that's a fact.

dadsnook2000

Chart readings may not cover what you need to know

The fact that all of them described you well is a very good start. The problem may relate to the fact that you sent for a reading and provided only the data needed. When working with an astrologer directly there is a lot of dialog.

My view is that if a client offers nothing then they are likely to get nothing. It is not that the astrologers is not competent, it is that a natal chart can tell you a lot but, given the time devoted to the reading relative to the price paid, one can't look at all aspects of a whole life. In fact, if the client has specific concerns as well as specific personal issues, then more than a natal chart will be required.

In your case, having problems with depression can sidetrack many opportunities for establishing a relationship. What you needed were answers relative to working your way out of depressive moods and for compensating for them in one-to-one relationships. This would have been far more valuable that looking for "where and when" predictions. Once the problem is identified and remedies taken (with a resulting success level) the rest of the process of finding someone special will take care of itself. Dave

Minderwiz

Without knowing their methods can't be certain here. However, one of the sad things these days is that many Astrologers actually use software to not only generate their charts but also to generate the reading and interpretation. This tends to hold even for very good Astrologers, who sell readings by post or through their websites. The sheer volume of such requests usually means that it's the only way they can cope, so for a basic price they provide a basic reading. I've even heard of some Astrologers delegating this sort of task to employees. The only way to be sure that they actually do the reading is to pay for a personal consultation and that also gives you a chance to not only supply additional information but to also ask them direct questions.

The fact that the various Astrologers seem to agree on the description but all get the outcome wrong, perhaps hints that they're all using the same software, and where applicable the same interpretation packages.

As you've done this for several years running, have a look at the various readings and see if both the structures of the readings (especially from the same Astrologer) follows the same format each year, do the same phrases and even paragraphs crop up each year - if they do then I suspect it's computer generated and not actually done by a human.

Virtually all clients who buy such readings are only interested in one outcome - the reading suggests real romance and marriage on the horizon - it's very difficult to take someone's money and say 'not this year'. I've done similar readings for free, and even there, you want to convey good news! it's really hard to come back and say, 'I don't see anything in the time period you mentioned' - I have to force myself to look for very strong indicators that things will change, without them I reluctantly accept that the default (current) situation will continue.

I use a techique that is one of the oldest forms of Astrology - the horary question - where the question is agreed by negotiation between Astrologer and 'client' and a clear time period is fixed. The chart relates solely to that one question - a single issue. It seems that many professional Astrologers use natal charts - and that seems to be the case here - and judge by transits, progressions, etc. I've always found these too general but that's probably because I'm not a top rated professional :)

I'm coming up to another round of these, so if you are interested you can submit a question along these lines, and through the thread or PM we'll establish the question to your satisfaction that it's what you want to ask and from mine that I understand it in the way that you do. I won't say that there's a chance of romance unless I clearly see it in the chart. But - I'm an amateur not a professional and I'm fallible.

LoveLove

@dadsnok2000: Dave, I would really appreaciate if someone would help me find the way out of my depression moods (have tried medications, no result). But only oone of them mentioned depression as a result of some bad things that happened to me from 2003 to 2007, that was correct, altough he didn't give me any advice how to act to surmount that condition.
@Minderwiz: I just checked their analysis and you were right - they used the same words and same phrases, really terrible, it is obvious that they use the same software. Sad hence they are considered the best over here.
I really wasn't insisting that they indicate that true love will come into my life in some short time period, when it happens, it happens, it was meant to be so. However, after all these years being single I'm really worried and a bit impatient :).
So kind of you to offer help! Thank you!
I'm not really sure how to ask the question properly, maybe you can help me with that? I am interested in true love, soulmate, marriage, children etc... the usual single girl things :). I'm not sure whether to post a link to my natal chart, but for the begginig here is my data:

born on 5 September 1978 local time 7:30 am
in Sarajevo, BIH U.T. 06:30
18e25, 43n52 sid. time 06:39:43

Planetary positions
planet sign degree motion
Sun Virgo 12°21'00 end of house 11 direct
Moon Libra 12°13'25 in house 1 direct
Mercury Leo 24°17'48 in house 11 direct
Venus Libra 28°14'26 in house 1 direct
Mars Libra 20°18'57 in house 1 direct
Jupiter Cancer 29°59'02 in house 10 direct
Saturn Virgo 5°04'20 in house 11 direct
Uranus Scorpio 13°12'24 in house 2 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 15°33'51 in house 3 direct
Pluto Libra 15°16'36 in house 1 direct
True Node Virgo 26°43'33 in house 12 direct
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Libra 7°38'12
2nd House Scorpio 3°46'39
3rd House Sagittarius 4°38'48
Imum Coeli Capricorn 9°07'29
5th House Aquarius 13°06'59
6th House Pisces 12°55'16
Descendant Aries 7°38'12
8th House Taurus 3°46'39
9th House Gemini 4°38'48
Medium Coeli Cancer 9°07'29
11th House Leo 13°06'59
12th House Virgo 12°55'16

Major aspects
Sun Conjunction Saturn 7°17
Sun Sextile Uranus 0°51
Sun Square Neptune 3°13
Moon Sextile Neptune 3°20
Moon Conjunction Pluto 3°03
Moon Conjunction Ascendant 4°35
Mercury Sextile Venus 3°57
Mercury Sextile Mars 3°59
Venus Square Jupiter 1°45
Mars Sextile Neptune 4°45
Mars Conjunction Pluto 5°02
Neptune Sextile Pluto 0°17
Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

Please feel free to ask any question you find necessary, I will give you a honest answer.

LoveLove

Minderwiz

Well firstly, I agree with Dave, you do need to take your depression as the main priority. In terms of horary questions, you should concentrate on the issues that is most important to you at the tme - that means that if you're more concerned with getting your depression treated and cured, then you would ask a question concerning that - for example if you were considering a particular treatment, you might ask whether that treatment will work, or produce results within a particular time period.

In the case of a relationship question you might ask something general such as whether you will meet someone in the next three months, but it tends to work best if you have met someone and want to know if you're relationship with them will develop.

With any question, the Astrologer should spend time discussing it with you - that's what I meant by negotiation and the point holds for any consultation, as Dave's post emphasises with natal work.

Face to face can work best, but email or telephone, or even here (at least for questions) work well - as long as there's some interaction between questioner and Astrologer. Keep and eye out over the next couple of weeks for the next Horary thread. I'll take you as one of the first questioners - but spend the intervening time thinking about what you really want to ask about - what concerns you most at the moment - that is don't ask about romance if what you really want to know is concerned with your health.

PS whilst I don't use your natal details - the chart for the question is set for the time that I understand it - it is useful background in deciding whether my chart is one that will work well.

LoveLove

My dear, I agree that my depression is my biggest problem and really blocking me in all aspects of my life, especially it is the reason I have gained some weight in the past few years and because of that I tend to avoid bigger social events. But the main cause of my depression is my emotional status. A devilish circle. As for therapy, I gave up. I have spent a lot of money, it hasn't helped me at all. Ok, I'll wait for the horary thread. Thank you for having the patience with me.

With love,

LoveLove

214red

Perhaps until the horary thread opens people could suggest ideas based on your chart of therapies that might help your depression.

It seems that you have a lot of planets in both 1st house and the 11th house the house of groups and friendship, perhaps you need to be in therapy group not one to one therapy, as your sun is in the 11th house. you also have mercury in leo (i have that two) in the 11th house so it might help your confidence to be in a group situation, it might allow you to 'shine' within a small supportive group.

good luck

LoveLove

@214red: Unfortunately, there are no group therapies here. Regarding your mentioning friends, I love people, I am a very dedicated and faithful friend, but my experiences with friendships are very negative.