Harmonious Tens

GryffinSong

It looks like the Harmonious Tarot study group only got to the nines, so I'll give a try at the tens. :)

10 of cups is quite reminiscent of the RWS image. A family seems to be celebrating. There are flowers, a glass of champagne, and what looks like confetti. Everyone is looking off the left of the card, as if in welcome or congratulations or perhaps farewell. The feel of the scene is distinctly friendly and warm, full of love and enjoyment.

10 of pentacles is even more similar to the RWS image, right down to the arch behind them and the shapes of the building and tower behind the arch. The woman holds an elegant bird in one hand, while the man holds what appears to be a large flower stem with a flower bud on the end. This couple looks content, successful, and in the spirit of this deck, quite whimsically weird.

10 of swords strays from RWS imagery. There is still an injured man, but the swords have been removed from his body and he's being tended by two young women. One holds his injured head while the other offers him liquid refreshment. We get the sense that with the help of these two young nurses he will recover.

10 of wands strays even further from RWS imagery. Instead of a man burdened by ten wands, this scene shows a farmer couple. The man holds a scythe while the woman holds a broom and basket full of plants. The both look off into the distance towards a castle. One might assume that they are burdened by their work. And the land seems quite dry, as if it is difficult to make things grow here. My sense, though, is that since they have the help of each other they will manage to overcome their difficulties, and since there are flowering plants in the basket, and the basket is full, I'm not clear on whether there is a burden at all.