Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

GoddessArtemis 
Citizen

Ace of Wands in Yes/No

I read all aces as a "yes"...but recently, have seemed to get Ace of Wands as a "no". Anyone else think the Ace of Wands is a "no" card, as a general rule?

And if you do think so, please share why.

GA

Old 06-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
crazy raven 
Citizen

This may not answer your yes/no question. But when I've been repressing a alot of anger or stress and this card shows up ....something in my life just may go utterly out of control ....like a volcano bubbling to the surface...at that moment I feel I have no control, if anything could go wrong, it will. Then it dissipates and I either feel totally wiped out or on a total high.
crazy raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
GoddessArtemis 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy raven View Post
This may not answer your yes/no question. But when I've been repressing a alot of anger or stress and this card shows up ....something in my life just may go utterly out of control ....like a volcano bubbling to the surface...at that moment I feel I have no control, if anything could go wrong, it will. Then it dissipates and I either feel totally wiped out or on a total high.
Thanks, I can see your point. But my question is more about the general yes/no angle...

GA

Old 09-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Amanda_04 
Citizen

As a general rule, no. I would see the Ace of Wands as a Yes.
Amanda_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
kd87 
Citizen

Hi Goddess,

Upright, I have seen this card to represent desires that the sitter is incredibly passionate about, hoping that they will develop. I'm sure sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

This card shows enthusiasm to me...similarly to the fool, you can't achieve anything without the fire, energy and enthusiasm. I see this as potential, but of course it depends on other factors. Just look at other cards to see who, or what, is needed for this ace to manifest.

Hope this helps....at the end of the day though, I don't view it as a no, (maybes rx, but I don't read that way) rather as a possibility because all of the energy surrounding the card.
kd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Amanda_04 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd87 View Post
Hope this helps....at the end of the day though, I don't view it as a no, (maybes rx, but I don't read that way) rather as a possibility because all of the energy surrounding the card.
Yes, in Rider-Waite I've seen this card reversed as a "thumbs down". Upright seems like a "thumbs up".
Old 10-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Are you saying that you have removed the Aces, asked a yes/no question, and pulled out one of the Aces to answer that question, or that you've asked a yes/no question, done a spread and gotten the Ace/Wands?
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Amanda_04 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Are you saying that you have removed the Aces, asked a yes/no question, and pulled out one of the Aces to answer that question, or that you've asked a yes/no question, done a spread and gotten the Ace/Wands?
I thought she meant in general, just looking at the card... if you just look at the card (in my opinion) you get a "thumbs up" which would indicate a "Yes" to me.
Old 17-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
CaballoDeCopas 
Citizen

Wouldn't it depend on the question?
CaballoDeCopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Amanda_04 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaballoDeCopas View Post
Wouldn't it depend on the question?
She asked specifically what we thought "as a general rule" about it. First glance, no time to sit and think about it, card by itself with no question in mind- what would you say the Ace of Wands represents? Yes? Or No?
Old 17-07-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today