Has anyone heard of or found a book about elemental dignities?

Molly

I have looked at Paul's website
http://www.supertarot.co.uk/

and noticed he recently revamped it. The lessons are in a more easily printable format I believe, which is awesome. But I would still love it is elemental dignities were given a book. I don't study so well on the net as I do from book.

I noticed that the author of the website is also coming out with a book, but he covers more than elemental dignities... I'm not sure if the other subjects his book is covering are for me.

Now, there must be other people in the tarot community who use elemental dignities other than Paul ... and I am sure there is room in the market for more than one book on a subject...

But I just don't think there is ANY book in print right now explaining this system... has anyone found one? Does anyone know if there are other books in the wings to be published that cover this topic?

I would love it if it came out through the Llewellyn special tarot topics series...

TIA!

phb

ED's

"Tarot and the Magus" is coming out in November 2003. There is a whole chapter on Elemental Dignities as I analyse a String of cards, rather than simply cards in groups of three.

There are lots of innovations in the book, which is like no other on Tarot - details at http://supertarot.co.uk/resource/tarotbk.htm

I have just came back from the Toronto Tarot Symposium where I presented a talk on the book.

Molly

First off, I have to say welcome - even though you have been registered here for a while now, I had to no idea you were a member of the forum, so *wow* cool! Welcome! I read about your book at your site, and my first thought was that our personal world views seem to be different enough that I wasn't sure I wanted to get the book... However, I do have other tarot books that are not in line with my own philosophies and I am not intimidated by them at all, so, LOL, I guess I am going to have to add your book to my wish list. I really do love learning new things, so I look forward to it!

Did you learn this method from a particular person or book yourself, or is this something that has grown with your reading practice over the years?

Have you considered putting the lessons on your website, as they are, into book format?

Just curious... thanks so much for finding this thread and commenting, btw.

phb

Molly said:
Did you learn this method from a particular person or book yourself, or is this something that has grown with your reading practice over the years?

At the start of writing, I was expecting no surprises, since I have been using this spread for years and years. However, with the intensive study and analysis that a book requires, new insights came out - particular spirits turned up unannounced, and I found myself going down new and interesting avenues. The book was supposed to be for beginners, and have something in common with Supertarot, but my publisher was happy for me to pursue the new ideas, new system, new magick, particularly as my prose style improved so much! Tarot has never really had its own system of magic, so it is very exciting.

Have you considered putting the lessons on your website, as they are, into book format?

I have taken the lessons on supertarot to a new level, so buying the book is definitely not a printed version of the website.

I just came back from Toronto where I was able to present some of the ideas at the Symposium. I was fortunate to talk to Mary Greer and Rachel Pollack about what I am up to, so there will not be too much of a shock. Many of the ideas are so new to me that I am still trying to understand what I have written!

full deck

Do let us know when your work comes available Mr. Hughes-Barlow. It sounds of great interest in that it echoes part of what I've been concentrating on recently.

Thanks for the notice. :eek:)

phb

New bok

Hi,

It will be published around November 2003. I have now put a list of the topics covered by the book at www.supertarot.co.uk/resource/tarotbk.htm.

I am also working on an exciting new project which promotes the powers of the Tarot. I will let you know when that is ready.

full deck said:
Do let us know when your work comes available Mr. Hughes-Barlow. It sounds of great interest in that it echoes part of what I've been concentrating on recently.

Thanks for the notice. :eek:)

HOLMES

hail

i didn't see a notice of your book on amazon,
is it still getting published in november?

phb

Tarot and the Magus

Hi,

The book is listed for order on amazon.co.uk. My publisher tells me he is working on deals for USA distributors, and confirms that it will be available on amazon.com.

I am still waiting to know the publishing date too!

Best wishes,

phb

Tarot and the Magus Launch

Hi everyone,

At last I have a publishing date for Tarot and the Magus - it will be 16th January 2004. The book should be available on amazon.com.

The Launch Party is at a special place - Atlantis Bookshop in London at 7.30pm 16th January. There is limited availability, so if you would like an invitation, please email me with your name and address, and I will pass your details on to the organisers.

Atlantis Bookshop is famous around the world as the place where magicians such as Aleister Crowley and Dion Fortune visited regularly.

Details of the book is at www.supertarot.co.uk

Look forward to meeting your there!

jmd

Great news...

I would of course wish to be there for the launch, but, as they say, the length of my cable-tow precludes my being in London at the time.

Best wishes for the launch of your book!

:):):)