Book 4

Always Wondering

What I like about Book Four is that there is a lot of information all in one place. Sure, some of it is available on the net, but I found myself jumpfrogging and searching a lot because Crowley references his own material quite a bit. Book Four has a great appendix and it is a much more orginized study.

I don't have it with me right now, but it covers yoga or union as well as magick. But my favorite is still A Breif Interlude.

Aeon418 had the best review from antoher thread. . .
Aeon418 said:
Part 1 is probably one of the clearest expositions of Raja yoga ever. Mercifully free of the superstitious clap-trap that infects many of the so called "classics" on the subject.

Part 2 is a detailed discussion of the implements of ceremonial magick and their meaning. At first glance it can seem very intimidating. I remember thinking to myself, "where the hell am I going to get a gold capped altar engraved with the New Jerusalem!" But it's worth remembering that Crowley is describing the ideal setup. It's something to aim at.
It's a good idea to read chapter 23 from Magick Without Tears first.
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/mwt/mwt_23.html

Part 3 is the book commonly refered to as Magick and Theory and Practice. In 22 chapters (related to the Hebrew letters and Tarot cards) Crowley trys to explain how magick works. It gets very deep in places, so don't panic if it doesn't make complete sense after the first read.
Most of the stuff in the appendices is part of MTP. There's more Libers in there than you can shake a stick at.

Part 4 is The Equinox of the Gods. This is Crowley's fulfillment of the the injunction in AL 3:39.

AW