Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996


    · Decks   · Readings   · Forum   · Home
Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Forum Community What's New Home

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering is completely free, and allows you to post, search, watch threads and more. Hope to see you in the forum soon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
blu3 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Apr 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 614
King of Cups and The Magician as feelings (love)


Hello all. I'm using the Morgan Greer tarot deck and I asked "How did he feel about me when he saw me today?"

I'm confused when it comes to the meaning of these two together, especially The Magician.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1

Ads by Google
via Google Adsense
 
 
 

  #ADS
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen
 
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 Jan 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 9,098

The Magician acts.
The King of Cups represents deep feelings.

He wanted to act (Magician) on his feelings (KoCups).

ETA: The Magician is a card described as the "politican". He can make you believe one thing, do another as long as he is in the position of power. Reading between the lines: he is manipulative. Now, when he's upright it's more or less harmless and isn't necessarily associated with the negative connotation of the word. However, when paired with the King of Cups which is a card everyone likes to think of as feelings, it can mean he wanted you to adore him. He wanted to do something that would impress you. See the theme? It's not about 'us' or 'together' just yet but is still about what you can do for him, praising him, making him feel good.



__________________
The truth cannot be hidden. What is clouded in darkness will always come to light, my love.

Last edited by LovelyMissAries; 04-08-2011 at 14:09.
LovelyMissAries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
xLilyPondx 
Citizen
 
xLilyPondx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 Sep 2010
Location: CA, U.S.A
Posts: 4,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3 View Post
Hello all. I'm using the Morgan Greer tarot deck and I asked "How did he feel about me when he saw me today?"

I'm confused when it comes to the meaning of these two together, especially The Magician.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
My first gut feeling is that he feels that he can be there for you in times of trouble. If you need anybody to talk too when you are down, then he will be there to console you. (King of cups) He feels that he can do anything when you're around him (: (The Magician)
xLilyPondx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon
Moderator
 
Thirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2001
Location: Pluto
Posts: 7,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3 View Post
Hello all. I'm using the Morgan Greer tarot deck and I asked "How did he feel about me when he saw me today?"
The Magician really doesn't act, per se. He puts on a show. And he's a politician in that he talks a good game. He knows exactly what to say to make you believe something--including believing in yourself, believing in him, believing that something seeming impossible is possible. He is the inspiration that is motivation.

The King of Cups is not just deep feelings, but mature feelings.

So how did he feel when he saw you today? I think he felt that impossible things were possible. Like a man watching and hearing the magician talk and believing it all. But there's a problem. The Magician is a showman, and once the show is over, you may not believe it any longer. It's a belief with a shelf-life. So, he sees you, and he believes. He believes for that one moment he saw you that some mature, deep feelings, not immature, fleeting feelings, or some sort of surface attraction, is possible. The question is, did he believe it strongly enough to try and make it come true, or did he stop believing it as soon as he stopped looking at you? The Magician promises only that it could be happen, not that anyone is going to make it happen. So it might be that he said "I'm feeling like it's possible!" and then, a moment later, "Naw, who am I fooling?" and forgot all about it. Or, he might have said, "You know, I really feel this is possible," and "Well, why not? Let's see if it is possible."

What's important to remember is that the Magician, like the Aces on his table, only gives your guy the "seeds" of a feeling, the feeling of possibilities. Not the full and complete and actual feeling. If it was true love, it was only the possibility of it, not it in all it's glory.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
blu3 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Apr 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight09 View Post
The Magician acts.
The King of Cups represents deep feelings.

He wanted to act (Magician) on his feelings (KoCups).

ETA: The Magician is a card described as the "politican". He can make you believe one thing, do another as long as he is in the position of power. Reading between the lines: he is manipulative. Now, when he's upright it's more or less harmless and isn't necessarily associated with the negative connotation of the word. However, when paired with the King of Cups which is a card everyone likes to think of as feelings, it can mean he wanted you to adore him. He wanted to do something that would impress you. See the theme? It's not about 'us' or 'together' just yet but is still about what you can do for him, praising him, making him feel good.
That makes sense, I did ask him to do something..it didn't necessarily impress me because he always does it, but still I see the connection =). I think the tarot is talking to me because he was actually doing something for me, but the praising him for what he did and trying to impress me does make sense!

Quote:
My first gut feeling is that he feels that he can be there for you in times of trouble. If you need anybody to talk too when you are down, then he will be there to console you. (King of cups) He feels that he can do anything when you're around him (: (The Magician)
Very true -- I asked him for help & he is a nice person overall so he does cooperate and I'm sure he will help me out a lot.

Quote:
The Magician really doesn't act, per se. He puts on a show. And he's a politician in that he talks a good game. He knows exactly what to say to make you believe something--including believing in yourself, believing in him, believing that something seeming impossible is possible. He is the inspiration that is motivation.

The King of Cups is not just deep feelings, but mature feelings.

So how did he feel when he saw you today? I think he felt that impossible things were possible. Like a man watching and hearing the magician talk and believing it all. But there's a problem. The Magician is a showman, and once the show is over, you may not believe it any longer. It's a belief with a shelf-life. So, he sees you, and he believes. He believes for that one moment he saw you that some mature, deep feelings, not immature, fleeting feelings, or some sort of surface attraction, is possible.
Yes, thanks for putting it in simple terms -- it's exactly like a magic show, lol

Quote:
The question is, did he believe it strongly enough to try and make it come true, or did he stop believing it as soon as he stopped looking at you? The Magician promises only that it could be happen, not that anyone is going to make it happen. So it might be that he said "I'm feeling like it's possible!" and then, a moment later, "Naw, who am I fooling?" and forgot all about it. Or, he might have said, "You know, I really feel this is possible," and "Well, why not? Let's see if it is possible."

What's important to remember is that the Magician, like the Aces on his table, only gives your guy the "seeds" of a feeling, the feeling of possibilities. Not the full and complete and actual feeling. If it was true love, it was only the possibility of it, not it in all it's glory.
Yes, thanks! I didn't mention the Ace of Wands in the middle of these two cards, but I interpreted as being ill-dignified so it made sense when you said: "I think this is possible" once he saw, but then once he stops thinking about it/seeing it the "Who am I fooling?" makes sense here especially when the Ace of Wands landed between these two, which is ill-dignified. I also kind of feel like the magician when it comes to this relationship and I think the same: "I want to" (when I see him), but then I really start thinking about it and say "It's just going to be the same..no changes", so I just stop thinking about it =).


Thank you all for your answers! They have really helped me out with The Magician =)
blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:18.

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Forum Community What's New Home

Aeclectic Links
What's new
Add your deck
Write a review
Contact us
About us
Home
Popular Forums
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Reading Exchange
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Lenormand
· Chat
Useful Forum Links
· See today's new posts
· Upgrade your membership
· Win in our competitions

· Get help using the forum
· Search the forum
· Contact a moderator
Elsewhere on Aeclectic
Tarot Card Meanings
Free Tarot Readings
Tarot Books & eBooks
Decks by Theme
List All Decks

©  Aeclectic Tarot