How to solve a T square?

saren

I have a t square in my natal chart, which I'd like to learn more about, and effectively solve.

T Square AC, Moon, Saturn (and very dominant cardinaly in libra).

I have read the solution to a T square lies in the sextile planet, which in my chart leads to Venus in scorpio?

How do i use Venus to solve the T square?

p.s. how i do I upload my chart as attachment?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=305705#post305705

Minderwiz

I have a t square in my natal chart, which I'd like to learn more about, and effectively solve.

T Square AC, Moon, Saturn (and very dominant cardinaly in libra).

I have read the solution to a T square lies in the sextile planet, which in my chart leads to Venus in scorpio?

How do i use Venus to solve the T square?

p.s. how i do I upload my chart as attachment?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=305705#post305705

Well first of all, you haven't got a T square. That requires three planets not two planets and a point. The Ascendant cannot cast and aspect, it can only receive one. So you have two planets aspecting the Ascendant by square or opposition but the 'circuit' is not completed. It's easy to be misled by the red lines drawn by the software, which link in to the point and seem to create the pattern but you have to bear in mind the nature of the three places.

Secondly the aspects involved in a T square are one opposition and two squares, there is not, except by accident a sextile planet. There are other aspect patterns which do involve sextiles, such as Yods and Kites, so just check whether you do have any of these, or whether you really meant one of these.

Personally, I treat aspect patterns with some scepticism. I have this heretical feeling that they are the product of software drawing those red or blue (or even green) lines, coupled with a feeling that as they look cool they must mean something special. The planets and their aspects are, of course, real and valid but whether there is something which is greater than the sum of the parts is by no means as clear.

Also all T squares are not the same, one obvious case is that a T square involving Venus, Jupiter and the Moon, is quite a different thing than a T square involving Saturn, Mars and Pluto.

Minderwiz

Yes I'm sure you don't have a T Square and if you read her answer carefully you will see that she interprets for Saturn square Moon and Square Descendant. I certainly don't have a problem with her dealing with those aspects. Indeed if I had been able to access your chart I would have said there was a focus on the Descendant from these aspects, but as your post here did not make clear what the exact nature of the configuration was and the link to me to a site which I had to join to see the chart, that information was not available.

Now that you have posted a visible chart I can see that Saturn is your Ascendant ruler, so you (Saturn) will have trouble with relationships - The square to the Moon is also of significance in that it's the Descendant ruler, so you not only have problems with the house but also it's ruler. You also have Mars in Leo in the Seventh, and Mars is not at it;s best here. You might well come across as over aggressive, or too pushy in relationships (though this may not be your intention at all). Your expectations of the partner are that they will be of a lunar nature and possibly somewhat submissive, allowing you to take the lead. Mars also rules your MC and the tenth includes Venus, So you do have a link between the seventh and Venus and you probably project a somewhat softer image within the work environment, so yes in a way using Venus to help moderate and stabilise the Seventh House issues would work. But this has nothing to do with T Squares whatsoever.

I would point out that it does help to either post your chart directly or your natal details. You can't expect significant comment on two planets and an angle, which are linked by square and opposition but it's not clear which and another planet that is in sextile to one of the other three.

Edited to add:

I also agree with her point about you using a relationship to establish social status and possibly ignoring the partner's needs.

Ronia

Minderwiz, I'd like to ask a question about Saturn too. I read yesterday that Lilly (pardon me if I misspelled the name) says that if the ruler of the Ascendant (Saturn for me too) is in the 7th (in my case in Leo) accompanied by the ruler of the 7th (in my case Moon and it's there in Cancer in 7th) it means the person will have happy personal life. I'm not paticularly lucky in the personal area but just wanted to check with you if this is correct. :)

P.S. I guess in my case the square to Sun conjunct Uranus in the 9th in Scorpio is not very helpful.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, I'd like to ask a question about Saturn too. I read yesterday that Lilly (pardon me if I misspelled the name) says that if the ruler of the Ascendant (Saturn for me too) is in the 7th (in my case in Leo) accompanied by the ruler of the 7th (in my case Moon and it's there in Cancer in 7th) it means the person will have happy personal life. I'm not paticularly lucky in the personal area but just wanted to check with you if this is correct. :)

P.S. I guess in my case the square to Sun conjunct Uranus in the 9th in Scorpio is not very helpful.

Yes you spelt the name correctly :)

Actually he doesn't quite say this. He uses the configuration you mention when he considers the prospect of marriage (usually within a horary context) and with your chart he'd be a little concerned about the difference in signs, so he'd want Saturn in early Leo and the Moon applying to a conjunction with it in late Cancer, for that particular test.

Also these are not the only signs of marriage and he'd be considering a number of other factors as well - one factor on its own either in a horary or a natal chart is not enough to produce a given result. We'd want a number of 'testimonies' for that result before we'd be reasonably sure that it's going to happen. Also getting married is no guarantee that the couple will then live 'happily ever after' and for that he would look at other factors but perhaps especially, the comparison between the natal charts of the two concerned.

Lilly's test of personal happiness/misery requires looking at all the planets and assessing their condition, giving more emphasis to Sun and Moon and paying particular attention to the condition of Venus and Jupiter on the one hand and Mars and Saturn on the other. This allows a range of happiness through from being happy most of the time to being miserable most of the time but as he says, most people will be somewhere in the middle. As we are rarely happy and miserable at the same time, people who are in the middle will experience periods of happiness and periods when they are down. When those periods come would be determined through looking at predictive methods such as solar returns or profections or primary directions, etc.