Turquoise Strength

Wonderwoman

For the last 5 years or so I have been on a spiritual quest. I have purchased many, many stones. Worn many many bracelets, necklaces, you name it. And I stumbled upon Turquoise. It has Drained me beyond belief :( All of the sudden my all but forgotten nerve compression came back Full Force. I'm talking a 9 of Swords, 10 of Swords experience.
Is it me??? What are your experiences with this stone???

Ww

Wonderwoman

Cardlady, i really do not know about the origins of the bracelet, except I got it from a reputable crystals webstore and it did not cost much. Around $8.

Hemera

I have been giving this some thought and I have done some research on this,too. But I just can´t find anything like this about Turquoise. It seems to be a very positive stone, all about spiritual clarity, love and especially mothering.
So..are you quite sure it is the stone that is draining your energy?

Have you tried to cleanse and re-program the stone? (There is a nice thread about programming in the sticky "index" thread above.)

celticnoodle

I do think that anything can be over done/over used. This would include gemstones too. Apparently something in that bracelet gives you too much of a good thing. Turquoise is a great crystal, and known as a sacred stone to the American Indians. I do wonder if Hemera is on to something and perhaps you need to cleanse this stone? Over all it is known as a great positive stone, and is spiritually, emotionally and physically and mentally positive.

I think again, as Hemera mentions, you should probably make sure it is the stone itself that is draining your energy. When you have made sure it is the bracelet, perhaps try wearing it only once in awhile. You may also want to cleanse it--and you can google to see how to safely do this to your bracelet. so many stones cannot get wet, or shouldn't be in the direct sunlight for hours on end, etc. so be sure to research the safest way to program and cleanse your turquoise bracelet.

I have a moldavite gem that I wear on a chain as a necklace. It is too strong for me, and so I now only wear it when I'm going to divine for someone. It is way too powerful for me, bringing on massive migraines and such. So now, we've found a happy medium. I wear it only when divining and then when I am done, I take it off and put it away.

*did a bit of googling on turquoise and found it is recommended to clean your turquoise once a month in a bowl with tumbled hematite stones and then recharge it by setting it with rock crystals. It is also advised to keep it out of the light of the sun.

peaceandkarma

I've got a Turquoise tumble stone which gives me very deep meditations. I find the stone alright. A lot of people sell Blue Howlite but wrongly label it as Turquoise.

Wonderwoman

Fair enough, I will try and reprogramm this stone. It looks Soooo Pretty and was told it would protect me then of all the sudden my back pains which were Long Gone re-appeared full force :( you can imagine my 10 of swords moment. Perhaps placing under the moon light?? I will cleanse and reprogramme. :)

I have been giving this some thought and I have done some research on this,too. But I just can´t find anything like this about Turquoise. It seems to be a very positive stone, all about spiritual clarity, love and especially mothering.
So..are you quite sure it is the stone that is draining your energy?

Have you tried to cleanse and re-program the stone? (There is a nice thread about programming in the sticky "index" thread above.)

Wonderwoman

Ys, I think maybe I have placed my own lack of energy onto the poor stone and now it reflects Maximum..??? LOL, just thought about this, i have been feeling Such a Strain from all aspects in life lately. Drained. Do you think this stone Magnifies what already exists?? or perhaps unearths this?? I will place the bracelet under seasalt and under the moonlight. Whatever it takes to get rid of the 10 of the swords...:)

I do think that anything can be over done/over used. This would include gemstones too. Apparently something in that bracelet gives you too much of a good thing. Turquoise is a great crystal, and known as a sacred stone to the American Indians. I do wonder if Hemera is on to something and perhaps you need to cleanse this stone? Over all it is known as a great positive stone, and is spiritually, emotionally and physically and mentally positive.

I think again, as Hemera mentions, you should probably make sure it is the stone itself that is draining your energy. When you have made sure it is the bracelet, perhaps try wearing it only once in awhile. You may also want to cleanse it--and you can google to see how to safely do this to your bracelet. so many stones cannot get wet, or shouldn't be in the direct sunlight for hours on end, etc. so be sure to research the safest way to program and cleanse your turquoise bracelet.

I have a moldavite gem that I wear on a chain as a necklace. It is too strong for me, and so I now only wear it when I'm going to divine for someone. It is way too powerful for me, bringing on massive migraines and such. So now, we've found a happy medium. I wear it only when divining and then when I am done, I take it off and put it away.

*did a bit of googling on turquoise and found it is recommended to clean your turquoise once a month in a bowl with tumbled hematite stones and then recharge it by setting it with rock crystals. It is also advised to keep it out of the light of the sun.

Wonderwoman

Whoaaaa!!!

Hmmmmm.....this is an interesting revelation! the webstore stated very clearly the stone was Turquoise, however only a gemologist would know and i am so far from that, LOL. i know i paid a tiny sum for it, $8. and it sucked the life outta me :(

I've got a Turquoise tumble stone which gives me very deep meditations. I find the stone alright. A lot of people sell Blue Howlite but wrongly label it as Turquoise.

peaceandkarma

Hmmmmm.....this is an interesting revelation! the webstore stated very clearly the stone was Turquoise, however only a gemologist would know and i am so far from that, LOL. i know i paid a tiny sum for it, $8. and it sucked the life outta me :(

Turquoise generally has a dark veiny look within its the blue. With Blue Howlite, as the Howlite is dyed blue, you can rub the blue of in some cases. I've seen a lot of retailers selling Blue Howlite as Turquoise, it happens all the time.