Guessing someone's sun and/or rising sign?

LovelyMissAries

I wasn't sure where to post this, my apologies if it's in the wrong spot. I have a crush on a co-worker but don't really feel like delving into my quirky astrology obsession with him just yet by asking his birthday. I was wondering if there's any way to narrow down what sun sign he could be if I describe his personality &/or physical characteristics. If so, I thought it'd be a fun game to try. Any takers?

dark gloss

For his rising sign~ take notice of how he seems he wants to come across- Does he want people to think he's a neat freak when really, he goes home and lies around on the couch? (or maybe he really is a neatfreak) Could be Virgo, Capricorn, or even Scorpio rising. (wants to seem like he's the best/perfect). Does he want peeps to think he's mega relaxed/chill when on the inside he's got a lot going on? Could be Pisces rising. Does he have uber thick, dynamic eyebrows with a boyish face but seems a bit pushy- could be Aries rising.

For his sun sign- what things about him are inherently true. The qualities that will always be with him. Will he most likely always be a hard worker, or is there room to grow in that area? Or does he just want you to think he's a hard worker? ;)

His moon sign could be easier to tell. What kind of things does he like/need? Does he like old/antique things? Cancer moon. Does he love to teach/get gratification out of spreading complex knowledge? Sagittarius moon.

Of course a lot of these possible aspects can be easily switched around and confused for one other and depends on how well you know him.

~But yes, I'll be happy to give it a shot. I love figuring out people's signs and such before knowing.

For some reason I'm vibing a relaxed, but responsible energy. Like a combination of Earth and Air elements. Maybe a little bit of Water. I saw green and white, and maybe glasses? Is he really studious or a bit awkward? Tries to be a little artistic perhaps? Or I could be totally wrong lol..Ok shutting up now lol. Curious to see what his qualities are and what he turns out to be. :)

LovelyMissAries

Oh dark_gloss you just made my day! I'll be honest in that I was expecting someone to nag me not to turn astrology into a parlor game. It's happened before in innocent curiosities like this. Anyway (now I'm shutting up. Partially, lol.)

Okay, he is the undercover security officer at the department store I work at. Let me explain the vibe I got from him 'cause it was a little different than what I'm used to. I felt like, one, he didn't really want to train us (for whatever reason, I don't think it was personal). Two, when he finally came in there (after much adeu) he was nice but I kind of got the vibe he was a little awkward (I don't know why... he is simply gorgeous.) I don't think this was apparent to the other two girls though. I'm just used to analyzing people lol. He spoke loudly, used his hands a lot, obviously confident in his ability for the job. He looked so manly lol!

He's 6'2", blonde hair (clean cut), blue eyes. During the introduction he mentioned he's trying out a scruffier look with his 6 o'clock shadow so I'm assuming he's usually clean shaven. OH, god I know now what was so off when I talked to him!!! Other than his loud voice, I wasn't really intimidated by him. I'm usually shy around really good looking guys like that but I wasn't as much with him by far. Anyway, he's got one tattoo on his arm that says "Live strong" as well as wearing the yellow bracelet. I think he was trying to come off a little warmer because halfway through his speech (note we're just in a small back lounge in a department store... it's not like this was an assembly or anything. Very casual.) is when he started asking us questions like where do we go to school. He teased a couple of the co-workers flitting in and out while we were being trained but not enough to really call him playful. One of the first things he said when he began our training is he's blunt. (I was like YAY! FIRE SIGN! But I don't see him as impulsive... so maybe you were right with the earth sign?) but he said he tries to be nice to the shoplifters when he's confronting them, lol.

Based on that, I was thinking Leo because of his attitude (though I usually don't respond well to Leos, and I didn't feel the psychic vibe with him I usually do with Leo guys) or Taurus because of his stature.

Your turn!

ETA: I think you were picking up my sign(s) actually. I'm very creative (though no one would guess, I don't think.) I'm a Sun Aries though. However, I have 2 planets in Gemini and 3 in Capricorn with a Taurus moon and Gemini rising. :)

jaj

The website http://www.astrofaces.com is a research project to see if people's sun, moon, and ascendant signs show up physically. Take your best guess(es) and look up the photos on this site to see if they have similar features to the guy. VERY educational!

LovelyMissAries

Interesting!!! I came across that site but at the time didn't get what it was for. After clicking through a lot of them I started to forget his face haha. However, I'm now a little bit more convinced he has some fire or earth in him. I only go gaga like that for Taurus/Sags or Capricorn/Leos and he didn't come off snobby or pompous enough to be a Cap/Leo (in my opinion). Sagittarius suns usually make me uncomfortable or squeamish. Leos I'm able to tune into really well, and I couldn't with him. I'm just almost certain there's Taurus in his chart somewhere. This is interesting, lol. :)

dark gloss

Oh shame on me for not linking astrofaces. Sometimes it's eery! Great resource. If it's turning astro into a parlor game, so be it! It's uber fun, and great for developing both intuitive and observation skills.

Ok, yes I am totally vibing some Leo up in there. It may be placed in a way that doesnt turn your chart off like normally. Of course you can't apply this all the time, but often times blonde hair and blue eyes make me think of Air or Water signs, OR Leo. Like the guy who played Thor. The detail about the yellow bracelet even makes me think Leo perhaps. Like it's a little sporty- is he athletic? If a regular athlete, that helps the Leo case. Oh, also the tattoo.

Yeah, I'm with you, he sounds like Earth/Fire. If he is Fire dominant, he will be more smiley and excitable. It's harder to tell without being around him in person. The not seeming impulsive takes away the fire like you said. If I had to guess, I'd say like Taurus with Leo rising. Or a Leo moon (wants to be noticed?).

One of my favorite ways to get a better idea of what he may be is to think of what celeb he looks like/reminds you of. I've found this to be a pretty accurate approach.

This is one of my favorite topics ever~ and you sound a bit like me; therefore, I'm going to also recommend the astro blog: http://www.MysticMedusa.com. She's educational, accurate, trendy, and hilarious. She's an Australian Pisces Sun with Leo Rising and Libra Moon, which sums those adjectives in a lot of ways lol. It's like reading a fab indie magazine woven by astro knowledge.

*PS: I was totally picking up some Gemini in my earlier post btw, so I guess that was you! lol

LovelyMissAries

Oh shame on me for not linking astrofaces. Sometimes it's eery! Great resource. If it's turning astro into a parlor game, so be it! It's uber fun, and great for developing both intuitive and observation skills.

Ok, yes I am totally vibing some Leo up in there. It may be placed in a way that doesnt turn your chart off like normally. Of course you can't apply this all the time, but often times blonde hair and blue eyes make me think of Air or Water signs, OR Leo. Like the guy who played Thor. The detail about the yellow bracelet even makes me think Leo perhaps. Like it's a little sporty- is he athletic? If a regular athlete, that helps the Leo case. Oh, also the tattoo.

Yeah, I'm with you, he sounds like Earth/Fire. If he is Fire dominant, he will be more smiley and excitable. It's harder to tell without being around him in person. The not seeming impulsive takes away the fire like you said. If I had to guess, I'd say like Taurus with Leo rising. Or a Leo moon (wants to be noticed?).

One of my favorite ways to get a better idea of what he may be is to think of what celeb he looks like/reminds you of. I've found this to be a pretty accurate approach.

This is one of my favorite topics ever~ and you sound a bit like me; therefore, I'm going to also recommend the astro blog: http://www.MysticMedusa.com. She's educational, accurate, trendy, and hilarious. She's an Australian Pisces Sun with Leo Rising and Libra Moon, which sums those adjectives in a lot of ways lol. It's like reading a fab indie magazine woven by astro knowledge.

*PS: I was totally picking up some Gemini in my earlier post btw, so I guess that was you! lol

I don't think he has Leo rising. I couldn't see a Leo rising (guy) being okay with having to be undercover. That's like... opposite of Leo lol! He could be a Leo moon but I didn't get a very "open" vibe from him. You can tell he's nice but not approachable for just chit chat. I've known a few Leo moon guys before and always felt at ease. I didn't feel uncomfortable or threatened (psychically) around this man but not at ease, does that make sense? His energy was very closed, all business. Yes, I bet he's athletic he's very well built (well, he has a little bit of a pot belly so I thought 'hmmm beer drinker.' which actually would point to Leo. But I don't buy it. This guy is too contained. Maybe I've just never met a mature Leo lol)

Also, what makes you so sure it's Leo? I bet he probably has Venus in Leo or something but I'm curious why a Gemini wouldn't get a tattoo or a Virgo, etc.

lilangel09

Generally, think of how that person comes across to you, especially the first impression. Compare it to experience with people whose Sun signs you know. Often, I botch the Moon sign but tend to guess the rising instead. I'm not so sure about physical characteristics yet.

For example, does this person seem calm, stable, and enjoys touching? Probably a Taurus rising.

Is this person, bubbly, jovial, silly, and seem to like their imagination is going wild? Probably a Pisces rising.

Sun sign is usually a little harder to spot because it's not always forthcoming. It may take some time.

You can spot their Mercury by their manner and volume of speech. You can use that to guess their Sun sign, since Mercury is never more than 1 sign away from the Sun.
Ex. Aries will either have a Pisces, Aries, or Taurus Mercury.

LovelyMissAries

Generally, think of how that person comes across to you, especially the first impression. Compare it to experience with people whose Sun signs you know. Often, I botch the Moon sign but tend to guess the rising instead. I'm not so sure about physical characteristics yet.

For example, does this person seem calm, stable, and enjoys touching? Probably a Taurus rising.

Is this person, bubbly, jovial, silly, and seem to like their imagination is going wild? Probably a Pisces rising.

Sun sign is usually a little harder to spot because it's not always forthcoming. It may take some time.

You can spot their Mercury by their manner and volume of speech. You can use that to guess their Sun sign, since Mercury is never more than 1 sign away from the Sun.
Ex. Aries will either have a Pisces, Aries, or Taurus Mercury.

Interesting! (and true! I'm an Aries, I have Merc in Aries. :) )

He's definitely not a Pisces rising, lol.

dark gloss

Ah okay! I think I misunderstood you-- you were saying you get Leos, and he didn't seem to be one. I was trying to entertain how he could be one. Oh, anyone could have a tat obviously- I just meant that "Live Strong" sounded a little fiery to me. Or is that too literal? lol

Okay, if he's closed off, that makes me think either Cap, Cancer, or Scorpio Rising.
Those guys to me, would be the closed off ones. Cancer Rising peeps are sensitive and literally have an invisible shell about them and can be harder to get to know. Cap Rising will be more objective/professional while maintaining a well balanced sense of humanity (trying to seem warm although not typically in his nature perhaps?). Scorpio Rising likes to challenge peeps with their cutting marks (getting to know them through how they react). He doesn't sound like a Scorpio Rising. Although they can be distant, and even shy- they are mostly just reserved, suspicious, and speak only when they really feel necessary.

So given this new info- Perhaps Aries Moon? is he a self-starter type? Or just kind of only worries about himself, and the things he has to do lol

For his Sun- do you think he could be an Aquarius? that makes me think of the beer gut lol. Or some Uranian energy lurking about. Ahh and if he's an Aqua Sun, he could have a Mercury in Leo, which would explain the louder type of speech perhaps?

So maybe Aqua Sun, Aries Moon, and Capricorn Rising?