A book for Thoth and RWS

Sulis

`Tarot as Your Companion - A Practical Guide to the Rider-Waite and Crowley Thoth Tarot Decks` by Hajo Banzhaf and Elisa Hemmerlein

I just noticed this book on Amazon and was wondering if anyone had read it. I`ve been studying Thoth for a little while and am about to start studying the RWS deck :- what`s this book like?

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

MystiqueMoonlight

Yes, I would be very interested to hear feedback of a book detailing 2 similar yet different systems

:smoker:

Emily

I have this book but haven't had it long enough or used it too much to give good indepth info on it.
It is based on a 4 part spread, yes the whole book, this spread can be used for many, many questions - Position 1 - Starting position, where you are now, Position 2 - Now is not the time to, Position 3 - Instead, it is now important to, Position 4 - Your next step leads you to. This is the spread used.
The book does give good interpretations of the Rider Waite and Thoth decks, shows each card side by side for comparison - but they are scaled down interpretations compared to the other Thoth and Rider Waite books done by Banzhaf.
Saying that I do like it, I'm studying the Rider Waite and Thoth side by side, well now also joined by the Ancient Italian, and this book suited me. :)

Edited to add:-
You can also use this book without using the spread system, I use it as a 'normal' tarot book, the meanings are the same as any other books its just the spread has been tailored to be easily used and learnt.

AmounrA

I know one man who would hate this book...Crowley. He loathed Waites deck and Waite as a man also.