A special gift from the river.

Grizabella

Yesterday when I got home from being discharged from the hospital, McKenzie came in from swimming and said, "Here Grandma. I found you something down at the river." It was a big, heavy quartz crystal cluster. We're not used to finding crystal clusters in Oregon rivers so it must have been brought here when the river was at the high stage last winter. Isn't that a nice homecoming gift from "my" river? Having a river nearby brings some very nice surprises sometimes.

How does one clean a crystal cluster? This one has the usual dulling, muddy gunk on it and I'd like to clean it off. They're not the long crystals, they're more of a short, squatty nature although some of them are fairly large. I have it on my bedside table.

celticnoodle

water won't hurt quartz crystal, so just rinsing it off with water should do the trick. however, considering it probably has a huge buildup of dirt and grime and mud on it, perhaps allowing it to sit in the sun for awhile to dry out completely before rinsing it off with water will help too. I would imagine using a soft cloth or a soft toothbrush gently may also help to get it out of the crevices and such.

What a lovely find! as you probably know, quartz crystals are GREAT healers!!! This particular gem is known as the "Master Healer". very interesting that Mckenzie would find it at such a time when you are having health issues. ((:)heart:)))

Hemera

Oh, that is a really wonderful gift indeed! I hope it will bring much healing, clarity and strenght your way :love:

shelikes2read

Yesterday when I got home from being discharged from the hospital, McKenzie came in from swimming and said, "Here Grandma. I found you something down at the river." It was a big, heavy quartz crystal cluster. We're not used to finding crystal clusters in Oregon rivers so it must have been brought here when the river was at the high stage last winter. Isn't that a nice homecoming gift from "my" river? Having a river nearby brings some very nice surprises sometimes.

How does one clean a crystal cluster? This one has the usual dulling, muddy gunk on it and I'd like to clean it off. They're not the long crystals, they're more of a short, squatty nature although some of them are fairly large. I have it on my bedside table.

Now I KNOW I spend a lot of time on Facebook. I just went looking for a LIKE button to click on this post. :)

LIKE LIKE LIKE. It's nice to know your river thinks so highly of you as to send get-well gifts. :)

peaceandkarma

I wish I had rivers like that where I live lol

MsRubyRain

What a beautiful gift!

Briar Rose

Wow, a crystal found it's way to you through McKenzie. Awesome gift.

Grizabella

I'm still surprised that she found it from the river because it's such an unusual find. Quartz crystals don't commonly turn up around these parts and certainly not from our rivers. Not only that, but the kids go down there swimming every day and nobody saw it.

That IS really remarkable that it's known as the "master healer", isn't it? I'm going to go say thank you to the river in the next day or two. I've been meaning to go down there to paint before the weather turns too cold, anyway. I feel guilty painting when so much else is waiting to be done, but painting is also healing for me and I got some art essentials I needed to round out my tools yesterday so I have no excuse for procrastinating.

Life and the Universe are so amazing.

I intended to take a short nap today but I slept for hours! I only woke up about half an hour ago. I feel like I frittered away my whole day. :p

GryffinSong

What a lovely gift!!! :heart:

We used to find quartz clusters (some amethyst in them) and washed them in mild soapy water. We used a toothbrush to scrub off the worst of the grime.

peaceandkarma

I'm still surprised that she found it from the river because it's such an unusual find. Quartz crystals don't commonly turn up around these parts and certainly not from our rivers. Not only that, but the kids go down there swimming every day and nobody saw it.

That IS really remarkable that it's known as the "master healer", isn't it? I'm going to go say thank you to the river in the next day or two. I've been meaning to go down there to paint before the weather turns too cold, anyway. I feel guilty painting when so much else is waiting to be done, but painting is also healing for me and I got some art essentials I needed to round out my tools yesterday so I have no excuse for procrastinating.

Life and the Universe are so amazing.

I intended to take a short nap today but I slept for hours! I only woke up about half an hour ago. I feel like I frittered away my whole day. :p

You should paint the river in an abstract crystal cluster feel as a thank you to the river. That would look good.