Sacred Sites

RiccardoLS

I would like to spend a few words on a deck that could be one of my personal favourites for 2012 (by Lo Scarabeo): the Sacred Sites Tarot.
Concept by Massimiliano Filadoro (Tarot of Metamorphoses, Shaman Tarot, Yoga Tarot)
Artwork by Federico Penco (Shining Angels Tarot)
Extimate release: May 2012 (unconfirmed)

I have 4 images to show you: Magician, Temperance, 2 of Pentacles, 8 of Wands.
http://www.loscarabeo.com/files/preview_sacred_sites.pdf

I added a very brief explanation of the card, not far from what will probably be in the LWB.
The concept of the deck is very simple, but not really easy to create.
Through the ages, from ancient to modern times... in nature or by mankind's work... some places, some sites have grown to have a special significance or power.
It may be ley lines, it may be myth, it may be the human consciousness, or it may be something else altogether... but there are place that have the power to bring us closer to whater is beyond the veil.
As usual, I don't want to see a Tarot deck as a collection of answers, but rather as a tool for asking questions and explore... sometimes to read with, sometimes to help us understand a little better the world we live in.

The deck does not limit itself to nature or human built marvels, nor any single continent or culture.
I am curious about what you think, and, obviously, to what sites you would liked into the deck and in relation to which card.

All the best,

Ric

Pandora MoonRaven

Now i admit i usually do not like lo scarebo decks, but if this one shapes up the way it loks like it will shape up i would buy it.
If i could add my magickal places i think they would be from california. The first would be the redwood groves. I go there surrounded by these magickal huge trees and its the most amazing calming theraputic place. I also love yosemite, the other well too small to even mention. But i grew up and love cali. I k.ow this deck is looking for something om a grander scale but thats my place.

Maan

I really like this idea and was totally sold when i saw the Nasca lines. They are kind of special to me.
Now i'm wondering wich places i would choose for certain cards.

cardlady22

Oh, this is an incredible deck concept! I wonder if you could get AT members to contact organizations in their own respective areas to suggest lists of historical and cultural sites- that would bring up some beautiful places that have not made it to worldwide registries, etc.

I would love to see places like the Bok Tower Gardens!
http://boktowergardens.org/

Alta

That one card on the Nasca lines sold me as well. I suppose the places have been picked but I also have some personal ones. The ones you showed all look well chosen.

annik

For sure, the art is stunning...

rachelcat

Beautiful! Idea and artwork. A must-have for me! (Now why didn't I think of that . . .)

AJ

The 8 of Wand is brilliant, the best I've ever seen in Any deck.

What does the magician have on his platform? Apple, Mushroom, Onion, the red and blue things?

Tibor

Amazing idea (like most Lo Scarabeo decks) love it, beautiful pics of those cards. There are so many places in the world that could be incorporated. Personally (since I'm Eastern European) I would like to see Lake Balaton (in Hungary) to be on one of the cards. It is the largest lake in Central Europe a very popular tourist destination. It is also referred to as the 'Hungarian Sea' (there are also artificial sandy beaches that were created around the lake). This idea could be incorporated into the Moon card for example with the moonlight reflecting on the huge surface of the lake. The actual surface of the lake seems infinite but it is still a lake that is surrounded by land, but this is not apparent especially at night time when it really looks like a sea. So the idea of deception, illusion, mystery, confusion could be linked to this Moon card.