HallowQuest Lesson 14 - The Moon

PathWalker

This lesson is just a guided meditation, no tasks or questions.

PathWalker

Lesson 14 - The Moon - meditation

The Moon – meditation

I went to the pool and saw the giant salmon swimming there. His voice inside my head asked if I wanted to travel upriver with him. I agreed, and slipped into the water. I stretched out along his back, and he swam. He weaved with the currents of the water, and we travelled fast in the direction of the moon.
“What do you go to see?” he asked me.
“What waits for me.” I answered, and tat seemed to be enough.

I was surprised to arrive at the city of silver and gold. The salmon swum in the harbour; “I will wait for you.” He told me.
There were tall towers, clear shapes, beautiful stiches and patterns. And I knew this was a fantasy place, created by my hand and mind, imagined form work I had seen and work I had envisaged stitching. It was more beautiful than I had dreamed, although quiet and without people. I saw an embroidery hoop, laid down on a step, and filled with careful beginner’s stiches. I wondered if that was mine, or someone elses stitches. Then at my waist I felt a little foled stitching kit, hanging on a cord. One I had seen before. I laughed. So this place and all these stitches are mine, my work waiting to be created. I had been granted the toolkit I needed to begin. I smiled and smiled!

As we swam back towards the Towers of the Moon the salmon asked me
“Which tower?!
I chose the one which was now on my right as we approached. I told the salmon I could walk from here back to the pool when I was finished, and bowed my thanks. He left me then.
I walked around the tower until I came to an arched doorway, I pushed it open. Inside, darkness.
But a light was coming from above, and there was a staircase around the walls. So I climbed and reached the light room. There is an old woman who sits at a loom and weaves. She smiles a greeting, and I notice the wonderful view from the windows.
“Would you like to be the one who sits here and weaves?” she asks me.
I tell her no, not now, and she asks me for a long silver hair to weave into the cloth – “Then you will know you were part of the beauty and the place” she tells me. So I give her a hair, and it is tamped down into place among the bright threads. I take my leave, not sure if I will come here again. But I skip down the stairs, outside, and walk away towards the pool.