Tarot de Marseille - Reading Circle - September/October 2011 - Sign Up

le_charior

Sign up closed for this round. If you wish to be notified for the next Tdm Reading Circle, please leave a reply in this thread here.

Luminosa and Chiska
Lee and Lumen
Satori and jaled
Mnemonica and RexMalaki
BrightEye and Manda
Flaxen and le_charior

Dear (aspiring or accomplished) Marseille readers,

This is the new sign up and discussion thread for the Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle. We can inscribe ourselves for the circle and discuss general matters and organization here, and then post the actual readings in threads in the "Readings" forum.

I would propose the following:
- Inscriptions open until Thursday, Sept 22nd - changed to Sunday, Sept 18th
- Partners/groups assigned on Friday, Sept 23rd
- Readings and feedback to be completed within a month, so before Oct 22nd.

Should we leave the spread open? Unless you think it's more interesting to experiment all with the same spread? I am always interested to learn new spreads (or propose some I like), but also happy with a free reading.

Let me know what you think, please, if you have any other ideas, if the dates are not realistic etc, since I am the total newbie here…

Looking forward to this!

le_charior

Lumen

Le_Charior,

Thanks for setting this up.

Signing up.

jaled

I want to join!

Chiska

I will definitely sign up!

As for spreads to use - there could be a size restriction of no more than 5 or 7 cards, perhaps?

Perhaps there are "traditional" Marseille spreads that could be explored and used. I don't know as I am a newbie in the realm of Marseille.

le_charior

4 is a party already!

glad to see you joining!

I agree on limiting the number of cards.

Some spreads I like to use
- the Dynamic Hexagramme Spread by jmd (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=58319)
- Tirage en Croix: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=79794&highlight=marseille
- the oldest recorded spread by Comte de Mellet (as described on Mary K. Greers Blog here: http://marygreer.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/the-oldest-spread-by-le-comte-de-m/). It is described for two people, but I like to do by myself. It's nice how you need to concentrate to turn the cards, the majors with the one hand and the minors with the other while counting up aloud from Ace to King. Turn the minors, don't turn the Majors unless you have a Minor that corresponds to the count up. And it is nice not to know how many pair of cards you will get in the ends, it's the cards who dictate it, and you are free in the interpretation of the cards then.

But maybe easiest if every reader/sitter pair decides on what they want, for spread and also deck choice?

Lumen

May I suggest the regular 3-card reading?

I often do the extended version (adding cards from the bottom and top of the deck), using a mixture of reading styles/approaches.

Lee

I would like to sign up as well.

Luminosa

Hi everybody,

I would like to sign up too, especially for the Tirage en Croix my favorite.

Luminosa

le_charior

Hello Lee, hello Luminosa,

great that you are joining! Let's see if some more people get on board within the next week.

It will be very interesting to see what decks you will all be using, there are so many different ones! I mostly work with the Flornoy Dodal for myself, but when I read for others (which is very rare so far) I also like to use the Piatnik Marseille (Ignaz Krebs), it is very charming...

Have a good evening!

Luminosa

Hi Le Charior,

I am modest and use only one, the Marseille Grimaud, but I like to make comparisons among the several decks of the Marseille family using internet images and I have had lots of surprises. Very slowly I am trying to understand the minors, meanwhile use only majors.