Thoth ISBNs; quick question

Le Fanu

I don't have my decks at hand but could someone who has the 3-Magus editions do me a favour?

Is there a difference in ISBN between the mid-sized purple box 3-Magus Thoth and the newer "Premier Edition" 3-Magus Thoth which comes with the spreadsheet (and in the bigger box with the inset for the deck)?

I'm too impatient to wait till weekend when I can check my own editions.

Le Fanu

No, because nobody mentions the Premier Edition. It's too recent. That thread is for the Weisers and the White Boxes etc.

The Premier Edition + Spreadsheet only came out a couple (?) of years ago. I don't think new editions of the 3-Magus Purple Box Thoth come in tuck-box only anymore

Le Fanu

Nobody has the Premier edition and the standard purple tuck box to compare ISBNs? Oh well, I'll have to check with my own at the weekend!

gregory

There is a thread here from someone looking for a deck with the three Magus cards here, who found both on amazon and was asking for advice (the Premier cost more...), and I THINK they had different ISBNs. One moment....

Cards only, no fancy box: 978-0880793087

The one with a spreadsheet, it says: 978-1572815100

Thread with links.

OK ??? :*

Elendil

My deck might be the one you mean. It definitely came in a big box with a spread sheet. When I bought it I thought I was buying the larger cards (from the size of the box). It has three Magus cards. I have ditched the larger box so canoot be 100% sure.

ISBN: 0-88079-308-2

Le Fanu

There is a thread here from someone looking for a deck with the three Magus cards here, who found both on amazon and was asking for advice (the Premier cost more...), and I THINK they had different ISBNs. One moment....

Cards only, no fancy box: 978-0880793087

The one with a spreadsheet, it says: 978-1572815100

Thread with links.

OK ??? :*
THIS was what I needed to know. I thought the Premier Edition was way too recent to have threads about it.

It's just that I have both these editions and - you may think I'm lying - but the Premier Edition cardstock is slightly thinner. I always think it must be my imagination but when I get the two 3-Magus decks out, I know that the simple purple tuck box one has thicker cardstock.

thank you gregory :*

Le Fanu

Oh but hang on... Elendil's ISBN is different. Here we go...

Chase. Wild & Goose :bugeyed:

Tibor

I have both versions. There was no difference apart from the spreadsheet :)

gregory

Oh but hang one... Elendil's ISBN is different. Here we go...

Chase. Wild & Goose :bugeyed:

No - the ISBN Elendil quoted is the old style 10 digit one; amazon quotes both - new style is 13 digit as I quoted... Just a sec.

Cards only, that way:

0880793082 - as Elendil said for one that came with a spreadsheet - so I am guessing the INTERNAL box has the no spreadsheet ISBN on ? as Elendil no longer has an outer box !

As listed with spreadsheet, old style 10 digits: