Waite's Second Tarot Deck - Originals Discovered

Teheuti

The color versions posted are gorgeous.
The colored images in my post are Trinick's other works in and for stained glass.

The color version sounds exciting. I saw a sample once on a Tarosophy posting on World Tarot Day.
Yes, but that was a cleaned up version of a small, damaged card. The images Marcus wants to publish are the recently discovered large-size originals! He says they are beyond scrumptious.

Thanks for doing that earlier work on Trinick's bio!

Abrac

It will be great to have something new from Waite. The Waite-Smith's had a great run and I love it dearly, but it's starting to be played at this point. :)

Debra

Really exciting, I agree!

I wonder why they're choosing to self-publish--a pricey proposition, judging by the amount they're soliciting in donations and what they plan to charge for the books. Seems like a project crying out for a major publisher who could also print cards. (US Games comes to mind.)

Minotauro

Really exciting, I agree!

I wonder why they're choosing to self-publish--a pricey proposition, judging by the amount they're soliciting in donations and what they plan to charge for the books. Seems like a project crying out for a major publisher who could also print cards. (US Games comes to mind.)

well it could be because they want to be able to print it acording to their standards.
it could also be that they dont want to give it to either one company or the other , I mean we know this deck's going to sell, so it could be a bit unfair, they could also want to keep all of the money.

but most likely , I think it is they want to keep the ownership of the images , they dont want to give it to a big publishing house ,after all they probably had to do to get them.

I mean you would you???
I know I wouldnt like to. they would be MIIIIIINEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
X)

and thanks for the link!

AJ

It doesn't sound like they are 'keeping' the images, only buying the right to publish.

And that they aren't expecting to print the color images as a deck, but their goal is to print to black and white images as a deck.

I hope they get enough funding to raise their sights to a color printing, that moon card is beyond gorgeous. I can't shuffle a book...

BodhiSeed

So are they going to do a book and then possibly a deck (black and white)?

Minotauro

So are they going to do a book and then possibly a deck (black and white)?

they say there are no plans for it yet because it'd cost much more , but perhaps in the future, I mean they HAVE to , right? D:

Im getting that book anyway , perhaps it'll explain some of the vague things the pictorial key said lol

Teheuti

It doesn't sound like they are 'keeping' the images, only buying the right to publish.

And that they aren't expecting to print the color images as a deck, but their goal is to print to black and white images as a deck.

I hope they get enough funding to raise their sights to a color printing, that moon card is beyond gorgeous. I can't shuffle a book...
My understanding is that not all the cards are in color. I believe they are hoping to print the book with the cards as they actually are - whether color or B&W. If a deck is eventually produced I imagine they'll have to decide if they do the same or get someone to colorize the b&w images. Having the book means that there is a permanent record of the originals.

Teheuti

Im getting that book anyway , perhaps it'll explain some of the vague things the pictorial key said lol

I doubt that Waite is much plainer in his commentary. In the Fellowship of the Rosy Cross, Waite took his mystical Christian ideas much further than he ever had before.

We'll see, but I believe that each deck can stand separate as they deal with different things. The RWS deck was always intended as a deck for the public and for divination - athough it alluded to higher things within a GD/Grail/Masonic/Western Occult and Mystery School framework.

The Waite-Trinick Deck supersedes all these to pertain almost entirely to the mystical (within a Christian Qabalistic and ceremonial framework). At least, that's the way I *think* it's going to prove to be.