Samhain/Hallowe'en Spread

Elendil

We are not many weeks away from Samhain/Hallowe'en.
Here is a spread that I developed and created with a Tarot colleague on another forum which is now defunct.

SAMHAIN SPREAD

Purpose: to gain insight into the new cycle that begins at Samhain

Layout

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *A2

* * * * * * * * * * * * * I6 * * * * * * * * * * * * *A5

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * S1

* * * * * * * * * * * * * H4 * * * * * * * * * * * * *M3

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * N7

S = Self (Where I am now)
A = Ambition (Where I would like to be)
M = Motivation (What drives me)
H= Hopes and Expectations (What I would like to achieve)
A = Adjustment I need to make (An area that needs special attention)
I = Idea (to consider)
N = Next step

The layout represents opposing triangles with the 1st Card: Self at the centre. Cards 2:3:4 are read clockwise whereas Cards 5:6:7 are read counter-clockwise.

Shuffle up your favourite deck and let the cards fall as they may…

NikkiB

Thanks for posting, going to try this one out! can we use it for the deck of the week circle for Halloween?

JDisTheBest

This is cool :) I'll try it after I drop my sister off at work :)

JDisTheBest

I actually liked this spread a lot. It's good for doing readings in yourself cause even if you pull something like the tower, it doesn't end up in an outcome position cause there is none, all this spread does is show you the present and show you what you can do and thats nice :) thanks a lot foe sharing :)

skyfiery

I like this spread a lot upon seeing it. I just have one question for the H(4) position: wouldn't "I" or most people already know what they would like to achieve (whether in their life or at the present moment etc.)? Is there a reason for this position? (Just clarifying, btw. :))

(And I love your ID, since I'm a Tolkien fanatic, too. Lol.)

Sky

Elendil

I like this spread a lot upon seeing it. I just have one question for the H(4) position: wouldn't "I" or most people already know what they would like to achieve (whether in their life or at the present moment etc.)? Is there a reason for this position? (Just clarifying, btw. :))
Sky

Hi Sky. I wanted a position for the H of Samhain and 'hopes and expectations' seemed to fit. You are right - you would expect people to know what their hopes are - but in readings the card in this position has often shown a 'hidden' aspect of the querent's hopes...

:)

Glad you like my 'tag'. It doesn't stop some people thinking I am female however!

ETA: Feel free to adapt the spread and replace my 'H' with another of your own choosing. I would be interested to know what you decide to replace it with.

skyfiery

Hi Sky. I wanted a position for the H of Samhain and 'hopes and expectations' seemed to fit. You are right - you would expect people to know what their hopes are - but in readings the card in this position has often shown a 'hidden' aspect of the querent's hopes...

:)

Glad you like my 'tag'. It doesn't stop some people thinking I am female however!

ETA: Feel free to adapt the spread and replace my 'H' with another of your own choosing. I would be interested to know what you decide to replace it with.

The 'hidden' aspect part was what I thought! :D But just wanted to make sure.

I'm still quite new to tarot and to my deck, so I'll probably take some time before I try your spread. But I definitely will; will also try to update you on the outcome. :D

Thank you for this spread!

Sky