Retrogades?

LovelyMissAries

I was just wondering if there's any retrogades (grades?) going on that would affect an Aries sun relationships, friendships? My sun, merc, and venus are all in the 11th house and all in Aries.

Minderwiz

Retrograde planets at the moment are; Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune. The outers are retrograde for around 40% of the time, so the condition really doesn't significantly affect them . Uranus, though is in Aries, at 2 degrees 51 minutes, so it's possible that it is in contact with one of your Aries planets by conjunction. and Neptune in late Aquarius might aspect one of your Aries planets by sextile.

Is there any reason why you chose retrograde planets as the focus of your question?

It's impossible to draw conclusions on the effect on a relationship, or a nativity, from two or three retrograde planets. Retrogradation is but one factor of many that determine (or influence) a planet's strength and other planets might well be far more significant. Determining influences here, requires not only an examination of your natal chart, but also the other person's (why do you assume that the major astrological effect is on you?) and probably several subsidiary charts as well

LovelyMissAries

Retrograde planets at the moment are; Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune. The outers are retrograde for around 40% of the time, so the condition really doesn't significantly affect them . Uranus, though is in Aries, at 2 degrees 51 minutes, so it's possible that it is in contact with one of your Aries planets by conjunction. and Neptune in late Aquarius might aspect one of your Aries planets by sextile.

Is there any reason why you chose retrograde planets as the focus of your question?

It's impossible to draw conclusions on the effect on a relationship, or a nativity, from two or three retrograde planets. Retrogradation is but one factor of many that determine (or influence) a planet's strength and other planets might well be far more significant. Determining influences here, requires not only an examination of your natal chart, but also the other person's (why do you assume that the major astrological effect is on you?) and probably several subsidiary charts as well

Well, I used to have a lot of friends or at least enough that I could call for company but it's whittled down to only one or two people which is having me quite worried. The whittling has been done by my own accord but I haven't made any new friends in awhile. I know Saturn in Libra is supposed to test Aries relationships (and others in general) so I wondered if any of that was going on.

I asked about retrogrades because I thought they were the aspects that jumbled things up in natal charts and created opportunities for events, or shake-ups.

Minderwiz

Well, I used to have a lot of friends or at least enough that I could call for company but it's whittled down to only one or two people which is having me quite worried. The whittling has been done by my own accord but I haven't made any new friends in awhile. I know Saturn in Libra is supposed to test Aries relationships (and others in general) so I wondered if any of that was going on.

Thanks for the further explanation, it helps quite a bit to see the situation.

What matters here is your Ascendant, as it fixes the houses of your chart. The reference to Saturn is one made in Sun sign columns, which all assume that everyone is born at Sunrise, and therefore has their Sun sign on the Ascendant (in your case Aries). In such a case Libra would be on the Descendant, dealing with marriages, long term relationships (either personal or business) and indeed open enemies. Saturn in Libra, either at the time of birth or transiting during adulthood could be seen as a restricting factor.

However, it is obviously the case that not everyone is born at Sunrise or shortly after, and if you were born at some other time of the day then Libra will not be on your Descendant.

Also you refer to friendships, and these actually come under the eleventh House, so your Ascendant is a vital piece of information to determine what is going on here. Again we would need some derived charts as things have clearly changed over recent times.

I asked about retrogrades because I thought they were the aspects that jumbled things up in natal charts and created opportunities for events, or shake-ups.

A Retrograde planet is one that appears to move backwards through the Zodiac. As it's moving in the 'wrong' direction it's not seen as being helpful to the expression of that planet's role in your chart. How far that goes depends on the other factors affecting the planet and might have very little overall effect or might be enough to make an already weak planet not function well. Even then it's effect will depend on where it happens to be, either natally or by transit and on any aspects it makes to natal planets.

If you want to post your natal details and give some indication of the time periods involved we could look in a little more depth. However given that you had a lot of friendships and by your own actions you've reduced them, I would think that we're looking at something that is not permanent and can be reversed.

MareSaturni

Since this is a thread about retrogrades I thought I should post my question here instead of opening a new thread and repeating the topic.

So far I only found one book about them - Karmic Astrology: Retrogrades and Reincarnation [Volume II] - and it seemed to dwell too much on 'past life' issues for my tastes and only focus on the natal chart, and not on how retrogrades may affect your daily life.

I am curious... does having a retrograde planet in your natal chart makes any actual difference or is it just a sign of 'past life issues'? And when the planet goes retrograde again, does it affect the person in a different way because it is retrograde in his chart, or it makes no difference?

Thank you!

LovelyMissAries

Also you refer to friendships, and these actually come under the eleventh House, so your Ascendant is a vital piece of information to determine what is going on here. Again we would need some derived charts as things have clearly changed over recent times.

My ASC. is in Gemini.

If you want to post your natal details and give some indication of the time periods involved we could look in a little more depth. However given that you had a lot of friendships and by your own actions you've reduced them, I would think that we're looking at something that is not permanent and can be reversed.

Yes, I reduced them but it wasn't because I woke up one morning tired of them lol. There was a lot of gossip and a lot of complexity surrounding them, no trust, etc (without going into much detail) so the only solution I saw was to leave. Anyway, here's my natal chart:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=75&va=&cid=pqffileBjb4Fi-u1287964161

And here's my natal chart with transits: http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=75&va=&cid=pqffileBjb4Fi-u1287964161

Now, with the help of the table graph below, and Astro's colored lines I can tell what is aspecting what in my natal chart. In the transit chart I have no clue, unless it's a square or opposition.

Also, as a P.S. what is that 3 X 3 box titled "C F M"? I've always meant to ask and forgotten.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the links

Also, as a P.S. what is that 3 X 3 box titled "C F M"? I've always meant to ask and forgotten.

C F M stands for Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable (signs) and the four rows are headed F A E W, Fire, Earth, Air and Water. The box gives you a breakdown of the planets by sign element and mode

LovelyMissAries

Thanks for the links

C F M stands for Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable (signs) and the four rows are headed F A E W, Fire, Earth, Air and Water. The box gives you a breakdown of the planets by sign element and mode

Your welcome, and all this time it was that simple and I never put it together, haha!

LovelyMissAries

Edit, nvm.