Capricorns and water signs.

LovelyMissAries

I was wondering what others' experiences are with people who are Capricorn suns and have a large influence of water in their natal chart. The one I'm inquiring about in particular has a Scorpio moon and venus. I imagine that would make for a large need for control. PLUS there's his Mars in Pisces. SO much water! Compared to me who has none in her chart. :D

Thoughts on this? Positive or negative?

NikkiB

I have Pieces and Scorpio in my chart and I can be really emotional and sensitive as well as have quite a sting.. so it all comes into play for me..

Flaxen

I'm Capricorn Sun, Cancer Rising and Pisces Moon.

I'm a curious mix of grounded practicality and a strong emotional, dreamy quality. I'm far too sensitive sometimes, crave security and commitment deeply but at the same time, am rather frightened of being tied down. :)

The rest of my chart is quite balanced though - the elements are pretty evenly spread.

With Scorpio Moon and Venus, I'd expect this person to be quite intense in relationships.

LovelyMissAries

I'm a curious mix of grounded practicality and a strong emotional, dreamy quality. I'm far too sensitive sometimes, crave security and commitment deeply but at the same time, am rather frightened of being tied down. :)

The rest of my chart is quite balanced though - the elements are pretty evenly spread.

With Scorpio Moon and Venus, I'd expect this person to be quite intense in relationships.

Do you get along with (well, I guess you can get along with anyone if you try regardless of sign, but I meant do you tend to gravitate more towards...) fire signs with all that water? I'm an Aries but I have a Capricorn stellium in my 7th house, a pluto singleton in my 5th and an Aries stellium in my 11th. I was told due to some aspects and those placements that it doesn't make me a typical Aries. I'm imagining what our rapport would be like and if it'd be easy to hurt his feelings (I tend to do that unintentionally) or if his Mercury in Sagittarius would help greatly.

Minderwiz

My wife has the same placements. She claims to have no imagination - and she can take a dispassionate view of things if there's a problem, but after things have been sorted, the emotion flows out.

Remember that a Capricorn Sun, is a Winter sign and traditionally would have been treated as 'Phlegmatic' - the Water humour. A Capricorn Sun and Pisces Moon, mean that the Moon is late First Quarter or into Second Quarter, adding some Sanguine (First Quarter) or Choler (Second Quarter). Sanguine adds Air (in modern parlance) Choler adds Fire. and Jupiter (Moon ruler) However the strong likelihood is that temperament comes out as Phlegmatic:

- contemplative, reserved, shy, slow moving, but slow and steady wins the race (my wife describes herself as a 'plodder' but she gets there in the end, even if I or others fall by the wayside). Loves the status quo (not the group LOL) tends to put off things, and prone to inertia. Loves food, likes home, feels comfortable with the familiar, so tends to visit the same places. Phlegmatics tend to get on well with everybody, except other phelgmatics - because of the awkward silences, but all other types tend to be quite happy to do the talking.

My wife also has strong psychic phases, so sensitivity is to more things than other people and their moods

LovelyMissAries

My wife has the same placements. She claims to have no imagination - and she can take a dispassionate view of things if there's a problem, but after things have been sorted, the emotion flows out.

Remember that a Capricorn Sun, is a Winter sign and traditionally would have been treated as 'Phlegmatic' - the Water humour. A Capricorn Sun and Pisces Moon, mean that the Moon is late First Quarter or into Second Quarter, adding some Sanguine (First Quarter) or Choler (Second Quarter). Sanguine adds Air (in modern parlance) Choler adds Fire. and Jupiter (Moon ruler) However the strong likelihood is that temperament comes out as Phlegmatic:

- contemplative, reserved, shy, slow moving, but slow and steady wins the race (my wife describes herself as a 'plodder' but she gets there in the end, even if I or others fall by the wayside). Loves the status quo (not the group LOL) tends to put off things, and prone to inertia. Loves food, likes home, feels comfortable with the familiar, so tends to visit the same places. Phlegmatics tend to get on well with everybody, except other phelgmatics - because of the awkward silences, but all other types tend to be quite happy to do the talking.

My wife also has strong psychic phases, so sensitivity is to more things than other people and their moods

And Minderwiz, what did it take for you to woo her? Lol. I guess the cat's out of the bag now that this is someone I'm interested in whom I think is interested in me as well (but how, oh how, can you tell with Capricorn/Scorpio combinations? They're nearly impossible to read.) but all that water has me a bit nervous. I'm a Gemini ASC, which makes Sagittarius my DSC and I definitely have foot-in-mouth/wish-I-hadn't-just-said-that tendencies! I know anything can work with effort, but it's still fun to speculate what the best approach is.

MareSaturni

I just wanted to say that I found your analysis based on temperament very interesting. I had never seen it done that way before, although I had seen you talk about it. :)

I don't know many Capricorn people, but the ones I know can actually seem more tough than they actually are. My idea is that an Earth sign with a lot of Water influence could be a bit like Earth with a lot of Water... when you look from far away it seems stable and unchanging, but try walking on it and you may find yourself a foot deep into the mud. What I mean is that either they may feel like they move slow through the water-influenced parts of their lives (you'd have to see the Houses), or make others have this impression, that they get nowhere (specially emotionally, since we are talking about Moon and Venus).

However, I have to say that although Scorpio is a water sign, it is so intense that all this 'still' appearance could be hiding a fast river underneath. I'd look at his Asc to see if the water influence is that intense or if you have more factors that can stabilize it.

My knowledge of Astrology is very basic yet, so I apologize for not offering a more objective reply. Since you talked about the elements, and I happen to work with these very often when reading playing cards, I thought I could give my 2cents. :)

And Minderwiz, what did it take for you to woo her? Lol. I guess the cat's out of the bag now that this is someone I'm interested in whom I think is interested in me as well (but how, oh how, can you tell with Capricorn/Scorpio combinations? They're nearly impossible to read.) but all that water has me a bit nervous. I'm a Gemini ASC, which makes Sagittarius my DSC and I definitely have foot-in-mouth/wish-I-hadn't-just-said-that tendencies! I know anything can work with effort, but it's still fun to speculate what the best approach is.

I'm Sagittarius with Sagittarius ASC, perhaps I am the biggest foot-in-mouther in the whole universe? }) You can feel better now, lol! :p

Water signs do not make me nervous, because my mother is Pisces Sun and Moon so I kind of grew used to that *sigh*. They appear to be much more frail (or evil or unstable or whatever façade they use to manipulate you into doing what they want, lol!) than they actually are, and sometimes I think they get a thrill out of it. Tsk tsk. I do think a Capricorn will be strong enough to handle whatever your Sagittarius-big-mouthness has to say, although the Scorpio tendencies may not like it (it always seems to me that Sagittarius and Scorpios don't get along very well). But nah, they will not break, in the worst case they'll give you the Killer Look.
(This whole paragraph is a bit of a joke, I do not mean to offend any fellow Water-sign ATers!) :bugeyed:

Besides, I'm sure that a DSC Sagittarius (if it's all you have in Sagittarius, and your Mercury is not roaming in the solecistic parts of the natal chart) won't make you such a huge foot-in-mouther. ;) As on wooing techniques I am sure Minderwiz knows them better than me!

Barleywine

They're nearly impossible to read. . . but all that water has me a bit nervous. I'm a Gemini ASC, which makes Sagittarius my DSC and I definitely have foot-in-mouth/wish-I-hadn't-just-said-that tendencies! I know anything can work with effort, but it's still fun to speculate what the best approach is.

This sort of polarity can work. All of my personal planets are in negative signs (Cancer, Capricorn and Virgo), while my wife has all of hers in positive signs (Gemini stellium, Libra and and Aries). The "glue" that has held us together for 33 years seems to be the fact that our Ascendant-Descendant axes are mirror images (me: 25 Scorpio-Taurus, her 25 Taurus-Scorpio), plus her stellium is in my 7th house and my Cancer complex is in her 2nd house. At times I do need a LARGE measure of patience when she gets particularly "cerebral" on me (psychologists spell it with an "N" I believe) ;)

MareSaturni

At times I do need a LARGE measure of patience when she gets particularly "cerebral" on me (psychologists spell it with an "N" I believe) ;)

LOL! If you are talking about the Myers-Briggs psychological types, I think it's be spelt with "T", as to "thinking". "N" is "intuitive", the kind of people who are more likely to get a-cerebral on you, lol! :laugh: Now if you were talking about something else, I apologize for sticking my big nose!

I am also sorry for asking, but while I theoretically know what a stellium is (well, I think I do, lol!)... does it have any special effect? :) Thank you!

Barleywine

LOL! If you are talking about the Myers-Briggs psychological types, I think it's be spelt with "T", as to "thinking". "N" is "intuitive", the kind of people who are more likely to get a-cerebral on you, lol! :laugh: Now if you were talking about something else, I apologize for sticking my big nose!

I am also sorry for asking, but while I theoretically know what a stellium is (well, I think I do, lol!)... does it have any special effect? :) Thank you!

Nope, I was just being impertinent: "N" is for "neurotic" :) There is a current article in "The Mountain Astrologer" by Donna Cunningham about the stellium. As she describes it (and not everyone agrees) a stellium is 4 or more planets in a sign or house, ideally in a massive conjunction. Other considerations would be that three of those can't be Sun, Mercury and Venus since they never get far apart anyway, the stellium by house is weaker if it is across signs, and any stellium is much stronger if it involves the slower-moving planets. She notes that some astrologers will take three planets as a stellium. We will need to hear from Minderwiz on the traditional understanding. There is also a book out called "Planetary Containments" that has a slightly different take on the idea. This approach would seem to be best if not all of the planets are part of a mega-conjunction; if they are, you could just synthesize the meanings of all the joint conjunctions, perhaps along with the ideas of the applying and separating and oriental and occidental planetary relationships.