Do you believe you can only wear a stone for a short period of time?

Labhraín

Do you believe that a stone can only be worn for a certain amount of time or for short periods? I had posted a thread a while back specifically asking about emerald, http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=149161&highlight=time, but now I'd like to expand the question to all stones and crystals.

Someone had recommended to me tourmalinated quartz a while back in another thread. I was looking at one of my favorite crystal sites today, and it says that it should only be used for short periods.

Another example of this is that "The Encyclopedia of Crystals" by Judy Hall says that red stones are for short term use, as they are strong.

How does this apply to the world of stones and crystals at large?

AJ

I've been wearing my jade ring for over three years. Can't imagine taking it off.

Catmoon

I'm using a White Opala for over 15 years non stop, no harm done so far LOL
And my oldest son was 3 years old when he wore a tiger eye on his neck for 2 years, and his respiratory problemes reduced enought to medication make it's job decreasing allergies, tonsils and adenoids surgery was canceled.
He was a strong baby scorpion with strong temper but never the less...
So I can't be against on long term use on stones, but it depends on the balance of energy of the user... I gess...

greatdane

Maybe some stones grow stronger?

as Catmoon mentioned, I would think would depend on the energy of the user. I think of wearing or being around certain stones as a kind of symbiotic relationship from the owner of the stone and the stone. Like feeding back and forth from each other. I do cleanse some stones periodically, like a piece of quartz crystal (which is why I LOVE quartz crystal clusters, not only for their beauty, but they never have to be cleansed, they're kind of like a self-cleaning oven!).

shelikes2read

I would say that each individual should be alert to their own symptoms when they wear a stone, particularly if they're wearing it with a particular healing purpose in mind.

It's just like other things -- for example, some people can drink a whole pot of coffee without apparent ill effect, while others discover that the caffeine in just one or two cups will make them feel like they're walking across the ceiling. So anyone who wants to consume coffee on a regular basis will soon find out how much they can tolerate and still feel OK.

In the same way, anyone wearing a particular mineral (or combination thereof) should be able to determine, over time, how they react to it. Then they'll learn if they're just fine wearing a stone for years on end, or if they need to take an occasional "break" from it because they're starting to experience "Too Much Of A Good Thing" syndrome.

greatdane

Good Prudent Advice SheLikes2Read!

There is no one size fits all in many things, especially things that can be as subjective as stones.

Labhraín

I would say that each individual should be alert to their own symptoms when they wear a stone, particularly if they're wearing it with a particular healing purpose in mind.

It's just like other things -- for example, some people can drink a whole pot of coffee without apparent ill effect, while others discover that the caffeine in just one or two cups will make them feel like they're walking across the ceiling. So anyone who wants to consume coffee on a regular basis will soon find out how much they can tolerate and still feel OK.

In the same way, anyone wearing a particular mineral (or combination thereof) should be able to determine, over time, how they react to it. Then they'll learn if they're just fine wearing a stone for years on end, or if they need to take an occasional "break" from it because they're starting to experience "Too Much Of A Good Thing" syndrome.

I like how you phrased that, I think that answers my question - as do all the other responses. Thank you to everyone for your help!

autumn star

I have a topaz ring I have been wearing for years. I don't think it does any harm at all, but sometimes I wonder, because I wear 24/7 if it still has any effect, or if I become immune to it.

Jes

I have been wearing my crystal necklace (its a fairy on a long crystal) for over 10 years. when the rose quartz stone broke i had a amethyst replaced in it. I never take it off.

blowmeblow

I heard that info a couple of days ago from my friend. IMHO, you better check what you need with what crystal you wear..If you need something to balance your throat chakra, you can use lapiz lazuli or blue sapphire or else and if you use it for long time I think it's okay.

and one more thing, you should cleanse your crystal from negative energies and recharge them. You can use a salt water, put the crystal in running waters, or a singing bowl :D