HoF Circle: Nami and Elendil

nami

I'm a little busy at the moment, but here's our thread! Le Fanu and Lokisen have posted some spreads over in the main thread. I don't have anything in particular in mind, so if there's one spread that's really calling out to you that you want us to use, or if you have something else in mind, let me know! I'm feeling a little partial towards this one:

1 *** 2 *** 3

Situation *** what hinders *** what helps

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Elendil

Hi nami
I am more than happy to use the same spread for this first 'outing'. I look forward to sharing an exploration of the deck and the fae with you. Many thanks already for getting this thread up and running for us.
Elendil.

Elendil

Hi again
Do you want a general focus for the spread or do you have any pressing issues for 'The Situation'?

A general focus is good for me.

E.

nami

Hmm. I do have a big writing project coming up. Perhaps that can be the focus of the situation?

A general focus for you? Alright. I'll be back here to post the reading when I'm done.

nami

The cards I drew for your reading:

1- The Juggler (46) for the Situation
2- The Crone (26) for What Hinders
3- The Green Man (29) for What Helps

The Juggler I'd see as needing to manage time/projects/responsibilities, making sure how your time is used is for things that are important, and possibly weeding out anything that isn't really all that urgent at the moment to avoid overload. Or perhaps, reevaluating in a more general sense what's important in your life now, and what isn't anymore.

The Crone gave me some trouble. My attention was drawn to the face near the top, the more "wicked" side of the Crone. Since this is what hinders the situation, maybe not being cautious when one should be. I thought maybe of a older female influence as a possibility as well, maybe someone who's hard to say no to. I'm really not sure about this one.

The Green Man for what helps the situation. What comes to mind here is grounding, focusing, and going forward at a steady pace. Going back to the Juggler, when it's understood what is most needed at the moment, those specific things can then be focused on and given the amount of time and hard work needed to come to the best possible outcome.

Thoughts? Does any of this sound relevent to you?

Elendil

Thanks for the reading. I will post feedback this evening.
E :)

nami

Alright. I look forward to it.

Elendil

Feedback

Hi nami
Here is the feedback I promised. Apologies for the delay.

The cards I drew for your reading:

1- The Juggler (46) for the Situation
2- The Crone (26) for What Hinders
3- The Green Man (29) for What Helps

As I considered your reading I put the cards in front of me...

The Juggler I'd see as needing to manage time/projects/responsibilities, making sure how your time is used is for things that are important, and possibly weeding out anything that isn't really all that urgent at the moment to avoid overload. Or perhaps, reevaluating in a more general sense what's important in your life now, and what isn't anymore.

This rings very true as I have a lot that needs accomplishing at the moment and the only way to get everything done will be to prioritise. There is a whole load of 'work-stuff' piling up and a lot of admin to do to get things up and running smoothly. I know that I need to avoid overload - but I feel very much like this fae at the moment - as though parts of me are just going to drop off with the effort of keeping all the necessary elements 'in the air'.

The Crone gave me some trouble. My attention was drawn to the face near the top, the more "wicked" side of the Crone. Since this is what hinders the situation, maybe not being cautious when one should be. I thought maybe of a older female influence as a possibility as well, maybe someone who's hard to say no to. I'm really not sure about this one.

I think what hinders me is the fear of criticism and failure and being judged poorly by others - so this is probably well represented by the 'wicked' face of the crone BUT it really is all a matter of perception and there ARE two faces to this card. I think I need to re-assess my perception a little. That might well be the message - particularly as there has been a change in management at my workplace where a man has stepped into the shoes and position previously held by a 'crone'. 'Ding-Dong the Witch is dead. Which old witch? The wicked witch. Ding-Dong the wicked witch is dead'.

The Green Man for what helps the situation. What comes to mind here is grounding, focusing, and going forward at a steady pace. Going back to the Juggler, when it's understood what is most needed at the moment, those specific things can then be focused on and given the amount of time and hard work needed to come to the best possible outcome.

This is sound advice and represents my best way forward. I will set this card up on my desk as a reminder to remain grounded and focused in the days ahead. The Green Man's Face is a kindly face and a wise face, don't you think?

Thoughts? Does any of this sound relevent to you?

VERY relevant and pertinent to my situation. Many thanks…

Elendil

Elendil

Reading for nami

Hi nami. Work has taken a turn for the intrusive…so apologies for the delay in getting this to you. Here is your reading:

FOCUS: nami's writing project

Card 1: The Situation: The Dreaming (63)
I guess this is the perfect card to show up for a situation which involves a creative project of some kind. There is so much going on in this card that the possibilities and potentials are combinations are endless. The human figure (?) at the centre of the card is touched by a muse (the faery in white) and her imagination is set afire with all the stories and tales that she might wish to conjure and explore. There is even a little guy at the bottom right who holds a book of as yet unwritten pages that will be filled with the fantasies of the dreamer. The thorns and brambles which coil around the dreamer suggest to me that the way ahead for this project is no easy stroll and that it will involve engagement and commitment if it is to blossom in all its potential, but it would seem that the stage and the characters who will walk into and out of the different scenes are beginning to gather. I am mindful also, from this image that time might play an important role or be an important factor in the mix since one of the creatures (at top right) holds a dandelion clock whose seeds are fragile and will soon be blown away by the winds. If there is an imperative in this card it is perhaps: Don't just dream it and let the opportunity slip away…

Card 2: What Hinders: The Lady of Song (42)
The 'dreamer' in the previous card looks (even though her eyes are closed!) towards the right and might be said to be future oriented. The Lady of Song looks stolidly backwards and it is as if her wigs form a barrier which blocks the way onwards. The Lady of Song is also sitting upon another creature's head and hindering its vision (and quite possibly hampering its movement). All of this seems to indicate something which is holding you back. In the position of something which hinders, this should not really be a surprising image. I think the Lady of Song might indicate distraction. She sings from a different sheet of music and is urging a different path. There is a small star in the night sky at the top left and setting the first two cards side by side it seems that both the main figures on the two cards are yearning for what the star might represent. For the moment, at least, the star seems closer to the Lady of Song and she seems to have the major claim. This makes me wonder if there are things around you which not only distract you, but may even be duties or demands which prevent you from devoting the time you need to follow your 'dream' towards your writing goal. The Lady of Song's card is also much more sparse than that of the 'dreamer' which is jam-packed full of ideas. Perhaps a decluttering and simpler and sharper focus is called for - and the hindrance that you face is just an overload of much too much and more that prevents further movement. Ultimately a 'song' is a simpler tale…so I wonder perhaps if you need to pare things down a little...

Card 3: What Helps: The Faerie of Youth (32)
The Faery of Youth seems to be playing a game of toadstool hopping. She appears to be in competition with the fae behind her . Other fae have dropped out of the game - though only one of them appears to be sulking. What helps is the spirit of fun in the challenge and the 'game' you play.It is often said that it is not the winning or losing that counts but the taking part. There is a lot of fun to be had in the project that you intend and you will get most out of it if you enter it in the spirit of youth. Set aside adult concern and look at your 'story-telling' with fresh eyes and listen to the unfolding tale with fresh ears. Are the fae suggesting that you to write a children's story...perhaps?

Let me know if any of this resonates. I am a relative stranger in this strange land...

Elendil

nami

No worries about lateness. I've been away from AT most of the day anyways. Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad that the reading was of use to you.

I'm laying out the cards you've drawn as well.

Card 1: The Situation: The Dreaming (63)
I guess this is the perfect card to show up for a situation which involves a creative project of some kind. There is so much going on in this card that the possibilities and potentials are combinations are endless. The human figure (?) at the centre of the card is touched by a muse (the faery in white) and her imagination is set afire with all the stories and tales that she might wish to conjure and explore. There is even a little guy at the bottom right who holds a book of as yet unwritten pages that will be filled with the fantasies of the dreamer. The thorns and brambles which coil around the dreamer suggest to me that the way ahead for this project is no easy stroll and that it will involve engagement and commitment if it is to blossom in all its potential, but it would seem that the stage and the characters who will walk into and out of the different scenes are beginning to gather. I am mindful also, from this image that time might play an important role or be an important factor in the mix since one of the creatures (at top right) holds a dandelion clock whose seeds are fragile and will soon be blown away by the winds. If there is an imperative in this card it is perhaps: Don't just dream it and let the opportunity slip away…

This makes sense for me. Right now, while I've gotten the main cast down and the basic premise, there's so many directions I could take it in between. And your last line is particularly interesting to me, as I have a set time frame I intent to get this done in, and even more, the original inspiration for this started with a strange dream I had one night.

Card 2: What Hinders: The Lady of Song (42)
The 'dreamer' in the previous card looks (even though her eyes are closed!) towards the right and might be said to be future oriented. The Lady of Song looks stolidly backwards and it is as if her wigs form a barrier which blocks the way onwards. The Lady of Song is also sitting upon another creature's head and hindering its vision (and quite possibly hampering its movement). All of this seems to indicate something which is holding you back. In the position of something which hinders, this should not really be a surprising image. I think the Lady of Song might indicate distraction. She sings from a different sheet of music and is urging a different path. There is a small star in the night sky at the top left and setting the first two cards side by side it seems that both the main figures on the two cards are yearning for what the star might represent. For the moment, at least, the star seems closer to the Lady of Song and she seems to have the major claim. This makes me wonder if there are things around you which not only distract you, but may even be duties or demands which prevent you from devoting the time you need to follow your 'dream' towards your writing goal. The Lady of Song's card is also much more sparse than that of the 'dreamer' which is jam-packed full of ideas. Perhaps a decluttering and simpler and sharper focus is called for - and the hindrance that you face is just an overload of much too much and more that prevents further movement. Ultimately a 'song' is a simpler tale…so I wonder perhaps if you need to pare things down a little...

I can say I'm definitely prone to distractions, but there is something major coming up that will likely take up a good portion of my time. It's very likely my girlfriend will be moving in with me in the very near future, and that'll tie up a good portion of time getting everything settled in, changing some things over, etc. That'll be taking up a lot of free time. Though the second thing you mention also resonates with me. I've been debating over whether or not to let some subplots I've been planning be cut, as they might start to take away from the focus. Tossing out some ideas and refining the rest would be useful at the present, before I get really into the project and have entire section to rewrite just to do the same. Best to figure out now what parts are the most important. This definitely makes sense to me, from either angle.

Card 3: What Helps: The Faerie of Youth (32)
The Faery of Youth seems to be playing a game of toadstool hopping. She appears to be in competition with the fae behind her . Other fae have dropped out of the game - though only one of them appears to be sulking. What helps is the spirit of fun in the challenge and the 'game' you play.It is often said that it is not the winning or losing that counts but the taking part. There is a lot of fun to be had in the project that you intend and you will get most out of it if you enter it in the spirit of youth. Set aside adult concern and look at your 'story-telling' with fresh eyes and listen to the unfolding tale with fresh ears. Are the fae suggesting that you to write a children's story...perhaps?

The age range I'm going for with the story would be in the Young Adult range. Definitely a very youthful audience. The advice here sounds good to me as well. I'll be keeping this card in mind while I write as a reminder.

Let me know if any of this resonates. I am a relative stranger in this strange land...

Elendil

So much of it! Thank you! This was a very insightful reading.