The Four Heavenly Kings Tarot (NEW Thai art style tarot)

ZKEI

Just wish to inform ATers a news about the forthcoming Thai-art-style tarot deck, naming
"The Four Heavenly Kings Tarot".
This deck is created by Nathnat Tangtassawadi
(the same creator of the Thai Tarot, aka the Thai Buddha Art Tarot).

All 22 Major cards and 56 Minor cards are fully illustrated (i.e. not just the pips for Minor arcana)
The deck seems to follow the RWS system, but not fully since some of them seem to have their way of interpretation.
Please check the attached images by yourself;
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2il1kp.jpg

Please note that you can see more pictures of the 4HK Tarot on my blog (please just click at my Aeclectic's profile name. Also note that although my blog is not in English, images would be fine. The google translation widget is also provided in the blog's top right corner.)

Some of the pictures on my blog look like the 4HK tarot's proof sheet.
As such, please also note that they are not capture from the real cards, just from the design-process artwork.
I have not had an actual deck of this premiere 4HK Tarot in my hand yet.
However, I will update more info and perhaps with the full deck reviews as soon as I have got this deck (hopefully within a few weeks).

Bhavana

I like this type of art, definitely want this one - thanks for posting

PS just checked the blog - I like the Thai Buddha deck as well - since your blog is not in english, do you have the purchase link for either one of these decks?

ZKEI

Thai tarot series and the Four heavenly kings

For those of you who may not remember or not be familiar with Mr. Tangtassawadi's former work (i.e. Thai Tarot card deck series),
Adam McLean has mentioned a bit of deck details on his website with some pics.
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/tarot/tarot_weblog_archive3.html
(and please scroll down to the date of 3 June 2008)

FYI, there were two versions of this deck; normal version and (999 limited sets) Gold foiled version. The version shown in Adam's website is the normal one.
The metallic gold foil edition can be seen in the video clip someone uploaded here; http://vzaar.tv/9352
However, all of these Thai tarot decks are sold out and now out-of-published. (Yes, thousands have been sold; though, such Thai Tarot deck's main market was almost limited to Thailand only. Quite amazing, isn't it? :) )

The general information of the Four Heavenly Kings can be found in this wikipedia link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Heavenly_Kings

ZKEI

I like this type of art, definitely want this one - thanks for posting
You're welcome :)

PS just checked the blog - I like the Thai Buddha deck as well - since your blog is not in english, do you have the purchase link for either one of these decks?

For this forthcoming 4HK Tarot deck, as I have a chance to chat with Mr Tangtassawasdi via facebook,
he has planned to make this 4HK Tarot more accessible for national and international tarot readers/collectors than his former Thai Tarot series
(i.e. physically available for product distribution and more spiritually accessible for international users to the deck)

So, if I am not wrong, I think he did mention that this 4HK Tarot deck will be purchased using Paypal and probably available via Amazon.

ZKEI

4HK Tarot: Limited Premiere edition and other mass market editions

Moreover, Mr. Tangtassawadi also mentioned that there will be various versions of the deck available such as normal, metallic gold foiled, platinum foiled (aka silver foiled, pewter), with-border, without-border, etc.

I am sorry that I am not sure how many editions will be exactly published or how physical characteristics each edition will be since it is only a short conversation via facebook messages and Mr Tangtassawadi seems to be quite busy due to the 4HK Tarot's promotion period and printing process for its next editions.

Yes, I said the next editions because I've heard that the first edition of this 4HK Tarot has already been published (but not fully been distributed yet, even in Thailand).

This first 4HK tarot is called the Premiere edition (of couse as being the first).
I think it will have the Metallic Gold (or Silver) foiled on the border as well!!
This deck will come with a 16-page LWB, probably in Thai.

Bhavana

well, I have been investigating since my post about a half hour ago, and now I really REALLY want one...thanks for all the info, the deck (and the others) really is beautiful

ZKEI

Special notes about the 4HK tarot: Premiere edition

The most important thing about this Premiere 4HK Tarot edition is that each deck will have 82 cards, comprising the usual 78 tarot cards plus 4 extra alternative cards (i.e. 8 of wands, 10 of Wands, The Sun, and The Moon). Again, some of these alternative cards can be seen in my web-blog.

As I remembered, he did mention that this 82-card 4HK Tarot will be published only 300 decks. Moreover, of these 300 decks, only 82 will be available outside of Thailand!!!
He also said that this 82-card 4HK tarot edition will not be published any more in the future. (As such, the price of this one may be gone up to 199 US dollars).

For some of you, please do not worry after seeing this figure :)
During this initial period, there will also be another mass market 4HK Tarot edition with more affordable price (i.e. around 24 dollars as I recall). However, this mass market edition (and any later editions) will have only the usual 78 cards. I cannot confirm whether they will be metallic gold/silver foiled or not and cannot confirm the price for any later versions as well.

As mentioned above, once I have got any further information, I will update in this post.

Cheers,
:)

Cassandra022

oh dear
another deck i'm likely going to really really really want to get into my clutches
i have a definite weakness for southeast asian art style decks
been wanting the thai buddha art deck for a while but haven't been able to get one
this one looks quite...appealing
please keep us updated as to when/where/how much this is going to be available for as you know more :]

ZKEI

oh dear
another deck i'm likely going to really really really want to get into my clutches
i have a definite weakness for southeast asian art style decks
been wanting the thai buddha art deck for a while but haven't been able to get one
this one looks quite...appealing
please keep us updated as to when/where/how much this is going to be available for as you know more :]

Yes, I will :)

FYI, someone (including me) has said that the Thai Buddha Art Tarot cards are really appealing (especially the Gold foil edition), but its cardstock is not. I know that, in Thailand, it is very difficult to find a professional printing company, in particular for the tarot cards.

However, I heard that the creator has been aware of that problem and so that he changed to the new printers. As such, the cardstock of this forthcoming 4HK tarot should be definitely improved.

karen0205

where is this deck available?