Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tower crossed by the 5 of wands

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards


 
Nostalgia  Nostalgia is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2011
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 10
Nostalgia 
Resident
Tower crossed by the 5 of wands


Hi everyone,

I recently did a reading about a man who I was scheduled to meet for a creative collaboration. I know nothing about this person other than the fact that he owns a gallery in town and is an aspiring writer.

So I did a Celtic Cross spread. First card I picked was the Tower and the second card I picked was the 5 of wands. The rest of the cards were good. But I really felt uneasy about the first two cards. So the next day I did a 3 card reading about the same issue and got the Tower again. Yikes!

I cancelled my meeting with him. I just didnt trust the situation.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
epvitale  epvitale is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Oct 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Posts: 285
epvitale 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently did a reading about a man who I was scheduled to meet for a creative collaboration. I know nothing about this person other than the fact that he owns a gallery in town and is an aspiring writer.

So I did a Celtic Cross spread. First card I picked was the Tower and the second card I picked was the 5 of wands. The rest of the cards were good. But I really felt uneasy about the first two cards. So the next day I did a 3 card reading about the same issue and got the Tower again. Yikes!

I cancelled my meeting with him. I just didnt trust the situation.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
A lot of the interpretation would depend on the question asked. I am looking at the Tower/5 Wands as referring to the man.

The Tower tells me he is going through a change, a drastic change. in his life right now. The 5 of Wands tells me he might be conflicted on the way to move. It sounds as if your potential collaborator is at a personal crossroads right now.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
PAMUYA's Avatar
PAMUYA  PAMUYA is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Jun 2008
Location: under the Bodhi tree
Posts: 5,664
PAMUYA 
Citizen

PAMUYA's Avatar

I see this as this person will completely change the way you see things, you will "spar" ideas and interact. This person will change your life. If the rest of the spread was "good" as you put it this person can send you in a whole new direction.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Nostalgia  Nostalgia is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2011
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 10
Nostalgia 
Resident
Wink


Quote:
Originally Posted by epvitale View Post
A lot of the interpretation would depend on the question asked. I am looking at the Tower/5 Wands as referring to the man.

The Tower tells me he is going through a change, a drastic change. in his life right now. The 5 of Wands tells me he might be conflicted on the way to move. It sounds as if your potential collaborator is at a personal crossroads right now.
This is exactly what Im going through. Drastic changes. Im at a crossroads right now big time. This is very interesting thank you for your insight.

Pamuya wrote:
I see this as this person will completely change the way you see things, you will "spar" ideas and interact. This person will change your life. If the rest of the spread was "good" as you put it this person can send you in a whole new direction.

Thank you for your imput. The tower always freaks me out. Ive been through so much already. Maybe I should consider rescheduling with this person. Its a challange to look at the Tower and see it as something good. Thanks again
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
JCSeawright's Avatar
JCSeawright  JCSeawright is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Oct 2011
Location: arkansas usa
Posts: 161
JCSeawright 
Citizen

JCSeawright's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently did a reading about a man who I was scheduled to meet for a creative collaboration. I know nothing about this person other than the fact that he owns a gallery in town and is an aspiring writer.

So I did a Celtic Cross spread. First card I picked was the Tower and the second card I picked was the 5 of wands. The rest of the cards were good. But I really felt uneasy about the first two cards. So the next day I did a 3 card reading about the same issue and got the Tower again. Yikes!

I cancelled my meeting with him. I just didnt trust the situation.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
I dont always see the tower as a bad thing infact usually i dont unless its near the chariot card in that case i hate it

instead of catastrope think of it this way too "sudden and unexpected changes" a "flash of light of a new ideas coming quickly and crumbling an old THOUGHT pattern or PROCESS" if your doing something new at work the 5 of wands could be just referencing having alot of different views coming together some opposing some maybe not. In order for growth which is why i like the tower you have to tear down old thoughts, old patters. Sometimes this is painful, sometimes this is hard, some times change can be scarey and stressful but without sudden changes and or unexpected changes and new thoughts there would be no growth or ways to move forward. I love that this card is pointing towards things getting better once you tear down old habbit or thought patterns in order to build something more amazing
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
tarotbear's Avatar
tarotbear  tarotbear is offline
One of the original 100 members
 
Join Date: 05 Aug 2001
Location: Under a pile of embroidery floss and perle cottons
Posts: 11,189
tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members

tarotbear's Avatar
Wink


My two cents!

In my experience, especially with a Celtic Cross spread ~ is no matter what the question asked is/was, the first card is the 'question,' regardless of what card it is. The Tower reflects a sudden and drastic change that knocks your sox off -BUT- the Tower was built on an unsure foundation and the destruction of the tower is telling you the foundation for your 'whatever' is wrong for you, and the best way to deal with it is to destroy it now and begin again. The Challenge of the Tower says 'Good! That time/energy/spirit waster is gone! Now start over again afresh! Although you will be shell-shocked - are you ready for the challenge to start something new?

The second or cross-card is an influence on the first, and the 5 Wands is about stiff competition, but also about spinning your wheels to get nowhere fast. Instead of all 5 men trying to simultaneously beat the other four, all it will take is two of them to stand together and probably defeat the rest. It might be telling you to stop spinning and start focusing, and maybe that Tower really had to go!

The combination of these two cards leads directly to the third card, and your statement says the rest of the reading was fine.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Nostalgia  Nostalgia is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2011
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 10
Nostalgia 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSeawright View Post
I dont always see the tower as a bad thing infact usually i dont unless its near the chariot card in that case i hate it

instead of catastrope think of it this way too "sudden and unexpected changes" a "flash of light of a new ideas coming quickly and crumbling an old THOUGHT pattern or PROCESS" if your doing something new at work the 5 of wands could be just referencing having alot of different views coming together some opposing some maybe not. In order for growth which is why i like the tower you have to tear down old thoughts, old patters. Sometimes this is painful, sometimes this is hard, some times change can be scarey and stressful but without sudden changes and or unexpected changes and new thoughts there would be no growth or ways to move forward. I love that this card is pointing towards things getting better once you tear down old habbit or thought patterns in order to build something more amazing
This is a good way to look at it. I mean.. I really do need change in my life. And seeing the tower as changing old worn out patterns makes more sense to me. It makes a LOT a sense. Thanks so much!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Nostalgia  Nostalgia is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2011
Location: PA. USA
Posts: 10
Nostalgia 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear View Post
My two cents!

In my experience, especially with a Celtic Cross spread ~ is no matter what the question asked is/was, the first card is the 'question,' regardless of what card it is. The Tower reflects a sudden and drastic change that knocks your sox off -BUT- the Tower was built on an unsure foundation and the destruction of the tower is telling you the foundation for your 'whatever' is wrong for you, and the best way to deal with it is to destroy it now and begin again. The Challenge of the Tower says 'Good! That time/energy/spirit waster is gone! Now start over again afresh! Although you will be shell-shocked - are you ready for the challenge to start something new?

The second or cross-card is an influence on the first, and the 5 Wands is about stiff competition, but also about spinning your wheels to get nowhere fast. Instead of all 5 men trying to simultaneously beat the other four, all it will take is two of them to stand together and probably defeat the rest. It might be telling you to stop spinning and start focusing, and maybe that Tower really had to go!

The combination of these two cards leads directly to the third card, and your statement says the rest of the reading was fine.
Thanks TarotBear, I always get confused about the first two cards. I never know how to veiw them. Different books say different things. Wonderful insights. Thank you
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
poivre's Avatar
poivre  poivre is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,699
poivre 
Citizen

poivre's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
The tower always freaks me out.
Sometimes when we are too comfortable in our life, the Tower is a blessing.
If it's not for the change we don't grow with knowledge or wisdom. The Tower
is what's puts personality in our character!

Don't always be afraid of the Tower, sometimes it's a good thing...
the Star follows

5 Wands people work towards...now if it was the 5 Swords
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.