Looking for list of national stones by country

Labhraín

Does anyone know where I can find a listing of the national stones for countries? For example, I read that the national stone of Finland is Spectrolite and for the United States it is Tourmaline.

Hemera

I´d love to find such a list,too. I´ve tried to search but haven´t found anything yet..

I read that the national stone of Finland is Spectrolite.
I think it is actually Granite because pretty much our whole country rests on a granite bed and it can be found almost everywhere. Some special green and pink varieties have been used for jewellery.

Spectrolite is the stone of one our our eastern provinces where it is found and mined.

The crowned one

I do not think Canada has one but most of the provinces do, Here in BC it is Jade.

Scotland is Smoky quartz.

Minotauro

I´d love to find such a list,too. I´ve tried to search but haven´t found anything yet..

I think it is actually Granite because pretty much our whole country rests on a granite bed and it can be found almost everywhere. Some special green and pink varieties have been used for jewellery.

Spectrolite is the stone of one our our eastern provinces where it is found and mined.

hmm I dont think the list are made up with that in mind , for example Im pretty sure for mexico it is obsidian and it is not even an actual mineral ._. lol

I found mine by just googling mexico's official stone ( in spanish of course)

and instead of a list , we should search for offical pages , for example the dalia is the offical flower of mexico , just like the eagle is the offial animal and so on , maybe not all countires havce official ones,...

Briar Rose

any really good books on rocks and minerals, and precious gemstones will list countries.

Della

@ the crowned one - i didn't know that Scotland had a national stone. Ill have to find a piece.

I know that the Dominican Republic's national stone is Larimar.

Ilaris

I know Argentina's is rhodochrosite ;)