Roots of Asia- VIII - Strength

vee

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/WVaxD.jpg

Description: A woman's face looks down calmly on three lions.

Symbols: Lions, which symbolize strength and have also been used to symbolize the Buddha. Lions are naturally Yellow, but it's of note that yellow in Buddhism symbolizes both humility and the transition from pride to wisdom. Three, which could symbolize the three Jewels-The Buddha, the Sangha, and the Dharma. She has a circle at her crown chakra, symbolizing enlightenment.

First impressions: The lions are kind of creepy looking!

A Conversation: "Ahhhh!" I say and freeze. "What the heck? Why are you hanging out with these ferocious beasts??' I back away from the lions slowly and one cocks its head at me. I look to her for help. "Ferocious beasts?" she laughs. "You mean my kitties?" She strokes one with her hand and it gives a soft sigh, curling its back upwards just like my cat does. "They are pretty big kitties." I say, relaxing a little. "Yes." she nods. "That's why it is even more important that I take care of them." "Oh." I say. "It's a A Metaphor." She shrugs. "Well, yes. But...." She glances to one of the lions, who yawns and exposes his sharp yellow teeth. "That doesn't mean it still can't bite."

Thoughts, Meaning, & Reflection: It doesn't matter how big or small your personal demons are, only that you master them. Left unattended, they will devour you. Feed them, and you will spend all your time hunting. People with true strength face their weaknesses and fears and do not slay them, but make them submit. The biggest "lion" here seems to be anger. When attacked, do not respond with anger. The more you "feed the beast", the hungrier it will get.

Keywords: Strength, Harmony, Heedfulness, Mindfulness, Inner Control, Stability, Discipline

Quotes: In the Book of Thomas, Jesus says "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." -Buddha